Page 519 of 879 FirstFirst ... 19419469509517518519520521529569619 ... LastLast
Results 5,181 to 5,190 of 8788

Thread: Funny CW moments page 519

dmc
    dmc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    And PB helps the dogs too. We've switched our dogs to a grain free diet and our older dog's arthritis has improved dramatically. Just be careful about raw food, particularly if you let your dog lick you (and what dog owner worth her salt doesn't): you can get samanella that way!

bootson is offline Senior Member
    At the store tonight, whilst buying chicken legs - cashier asks "do you need to bread those before you bake them?"

The horror! They were quite fabulous with a maple/rosemary glaze.

JennaRose is offline Senior Member
    "I think I need to go vegan again." said by someone I know, when she was feeling exhausted and run-down

jesssa is offline Member
    there is a "lunch and learn" happening at my office today, where an "expert" on holistic health is coming in to chat to people about taking care of yourself.
    the lunch part of this lunch and learn just arrived at reception [my desk] so I had a peek. a plate of giant cookies with a bunch of wrapped candies thrown in, a huge tray of sandwiches and a bag full of cans of pop. oh, and I also see a big nasty dip with a bunch of crisp flatbread to dip in.

tooooootally healthy!
    it does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live

at just the right time, we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don't give up

jesssa is offline Member
    let me just add that I am not attending this lunch and learn seminar, lol.

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jesssa View Post
    let me just add that I am not attending this lunch and learn seminar, lol.
    You should go sometime and sit there the entire time gnawing on a juicy, fatty, bone-in ribeye steak.
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Owly is offline Senior Member
    To be fair, the holistic health person might not have ordered that lunch--it could easily be the person from the office who set up the seminar who selected the food choices.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

jesssa is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    To be fair, the holistic health person might not have ordered that lunch--it could easily be the person from the office who set up the seminar who selected the food choices.
    oh, no, wasn't anything against him, that was a knock on the person who coordinated the seminar! quite contradicting in my opinion.
    funny related story, I was in the lunchroom when they brought all of the leftover crap in after the seminar, wraps and sandwiches galore. one guy says to me, oh, have something, there is lots left! there are veggie wraps, you like those don't you... cause you're a vegetarian?
    I said, no, it's ok thank you I brought my lunch today. and no, I'm not a vegetarian.
    and he said, oh I just assumed since you seem to be into all that health stuff

huh?

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Lol. I got that one *again* this weekend from a friend of mine who is a vegetarian. We were hanging out for brunch at a friend's place and my veg friend was late, so to tease him, I said I had eaten the last piece of bacon so there was none for him. Later on, we were chatting and he said something about me being vegetarian, and I laughed and said I was anything but! He looked shocked--he thought when I was joking about the bacon, it was because I hadn't really eaten it. What I meant was that I *had* eaten it, but it's not like he was going to eat it anyhow.

I think it has to do with being health-conscious and eating in a way that people find unusual. Also, primal folks tend to focus a lot on eating fresh, whole foods, and I think people conflate all of those things with "vegetarian" even when they've seen you chow down on meat on several occasions.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Baloo is offline Senior Member
    Occasionally I'll notice you Americans bashing the government for the recommended daily allowances over there. I've never bothered checking before but I noticed it on something when I went to the fridge so figured I'd take a look.

European GDA's It appears europeans have banded together for our guidelines.

For a man:
    Protein 55g
    Carbs 300g
    Fat 95g

So two thirds of my diet should be carbs

I'm not anti-carb at all, but that is a huge proportion. It gets better when you look beyond the macronutrients (I mean fat was a low amount because Ancell Keys showed us fat was bad and the remaining calories have to come from somewhere so they've upped the carbs obviously)

Sugars 120g. That's right of my 300g of carbs 120g should be sugars. So my diet should be higher in sugar than in protein or fat. I knew there was a reason I ignored the guideline amount on labels and just looked at the actual amounts in them.