Page 518 of 879 FirstFirst ... 18418468508516517518519520528568618 ... LastLast
Results 5,171 to 5,180 of 8788

Thread: Funny CW moments page 518

Jaradel is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by tstein13 View Post
    Side note: Said co-worker is a big advocate for Weight Watchers, one of the biggest scams in the diet industry. I would rather get fat than worry about counting points and calories day in and day out. That is no way to live or eat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    Amen. That's precisely why I never tried very hard to lose weight even though I was really fat: Counting calories and obsessing about food seemed like it would completely suck the joy out of life, and I refused to turn something I enjoyed (eating delicious food) into a daily punishment.

Now that I can drop weight without doing any of that, and still eating awesome things I love, I feel like I've won the lottery. So I try to tell other people about it and get them excited, but yeah. No one really cares.
    I did do Weight Watchers for a while, but after I lost my first 50, I fell off the wagon and couldn't get back on again. I just couldn't commit to counting the points, weighing and measuring every morsel, feeling hungry... it sucked. And not wanting to go back to that misery is what drove me to search on clean eating, then paleo, then Primal. Much happier now!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    Side note: Said co-worker is a big advocate for Weight Watchers, one of the biggest scams in the diet industry. I would rather get fat than worry about counting points and calories day in and day out. That is no way to live or eat.
    The weird thing about Weight Watchers is that you can eat Primal on it or vegan on it. It doesn't really give you any nutrition guidance. It seems like most people just eat junk food in small or modified amounts.

I do think whole foods are going to catch on, I hope. Between Primal, Paleo, what the Beachbody people promote etc. there is an awful lot of success. I've noticed that the before and after pictures of these 3 methods are always scantily clad, lol. I hate to say it, but before and afters from CW always include clothes and what looks like 2 layers of Spanx.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    The weird thing about Weight Watchers is that you can eat Primal on it or vegan on it. It doesn't really give you any nutrition guidance. It seems like most people just eat junk food in small or modified amounts.

I do think whole foods are going to catch on, I hope. Between Primal, Paleo, what the Beachbody people promote etc. there is an awful lot of success. I've noticed that the before and after pictures of these 3 methods are always scantily clad, lol. I hate to say it, but before and afters from CW always include clothes and what looks like 2 layers of Spanx.
    Lol! Yeah.

I think the shift to fresh, whole foods is a huge step by itself. While I think cutting grains and so on is a good idea, I think the average person would see a huge improvement in health just by ditching processed foods, industrial oils, and added sugars. People are starting to wake up and realize that the industrial food system isn't helping them, or at least they are in my city--the number of farmers markets and local food shops that have sprung up in the last couple of years is just amazing.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    The crazy thing is that you can eat amazing food and be eating low cal- yesterday I ate 1300 calories.
    I ate:
    A smoothie with almond butter, blue berries, banana, yogurt and coconut milk
    My lunch was meat muffins
    Dinner was chicken breast with basil olive oil and caprese salad, and a peach and cream.

The day before was- 1300 calories
    Bacon, eggs and blueberries
    Meat muffins
    STEAK (a hunk of it), sweet potato with butter, spinach salad and a piece of chocolate

I mean- what the hell (granted, I pay attention to portion to get those calorie counts), but they are substantial meals.

Just eat real food- I think 1300 calories a day is what you might get from Jenny Craig... why the hell eat mystery eggs, mystery lunch and mystery dinner plus a chocolate like treat when you can just eat the real deal?

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Yea those chocolate like treats, same calories as a square or two of dark chocolate but not satisfying at all. That is one reason I started to give up on desserts even before going primal unless they were full on fat and very very rich.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

SteveO is offline Member
    » Recipe: Creamy Coconut “Get Some” Ice Cream (Paleo friendly) The Bulletproof Executive

"About an hour after eating this special blend of high fat awesomeness, your body gets a signal that says, 'I am in a land of plenty,' which translates, in evolution-speak to, 'It is time to mate. NOW.' Women in particular are most impacted by this side effect of ice cream, but it also works on men. I’ve shared this recipe with enough people to be pretty sure I’m not just making this up."

You're welcome. :-)

doghug is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tstein13 View Post

+1
    " If you truly love nature you will find beauty everywhere"

- Vincent Van Gogh

Primal Since January 2011

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Im watching a Modern Marvels episode on Hulu about frying and frying tech. Like all modern marvel episodes, its absolutely fascinating, but they keep talking about how all these old techniques that used lard and tallow are being replaced with "healthy" veggie oils. The last straw that finally brought me here to bitch was them interviewing a woman whos a production manager at a factory that fries tortilla chips and shes standing there with a huge grin on her face bragging about the high content of mono and poly unsaturated fats in the blended veggie-based oils that they use and im like
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

dmc
    dmc is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE=Gravyboat;903397]Amen. That's precisely why I never tried very hard to lose weight even though I was really fat: Counting calories and obsessing about food seemed like it would completely suck the joy out of life, and I refused to turn something I enjoyed (eating delicious food) into a daily punishment.

Amen squared! Just posted this morning about this. Recently gained back (for a myriad of reasons) the 15 pounds I lost back in 2010 eating primally. Even though I KNOW BETTER, I tried calorie counting for about three weeks. Nearly drove myself crazy and found myself obsessing about food, a problem I have never had before. And what did I get for my grief? A pathetic 1.5 pound loss and a whole lot of madness. Now, my sanity has returned and I'm back to a primal lifestyle. And even though I have only about 10 pounds to lose, the weight/inches is melting off. More importantly, I'm not feeling all crazy about food.

Hanlon is offline Member
    CW doesnt just extend to humans.

whenever I take my dog to the vets they're always pushing all these vet sponsored dog food and biscuits. I hate feeding my dog 'dog food' and prefer to feed them meaty offcuts from the butcher or chicken necks etc. when i do buy the dog food, especially the biscuits, my dogs stomachs swelk up like a balloon and my female gets sick this stuff is clearly not good for them.