Page 517 of 881 FirstFirst ... 17417467507515516517518519527567617 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,170 of 8809

Thread: Funny CW moments page 517

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I have made ice cream with less sugar than that macaroni salad. That video still gives me the heebie jeebs. I hope in 2 years we see her all healthy and thin making a yummy kale salad.

I believe that freezing makes flavors become less flavorful. I might add a banana with my strawberries for a non- sweetened ice cream. I did make an ice cream with maple syrup and used about 1/3 cup to sweeten 2 pints of blueberry cheesecake ice cream.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Digging through abandoned lunches at work in the back of the fridge. Only things I find marginally edible (that were ever edible to begin with) are cheese sticks and fruit. All the yogurt is non-fat, there's little packets filled with grain shapes, some candy and soda, weird drinks that are designed to do who-knows-what to your body (Beyond energy drinks. Stuff with names that make you think it is designed to make you better somehow, but it's just green dye and HFCS). Darn it, people, you need to start abandoning real food for me, not this fake stuff.
    Foraging in corporate fridges is so often disappointing. I encounter the same issues. Sometimes I see containers from Whole Foods and I get excited until I see it's pasta salad. Or, look, maybe that's butter! Wait, no, it's hydrogenated crap. Someone needs to come up with a disgusting sounding and vague description of the contents of an office fridge, and then say "This is your lunch at work" at the end.

My boss has coeliac (and colon cancer) and all I see him eat is bird food (gluten-free pretzel sticks, some grapes, gluten-free English muffins). Today, he saw my pork chop and said, "Ooo tuna?" I corrected him excitedly and he said he doesn't eat pork (he's Jewish, but I forgot and was tirading about doctors demonizing cholesterol in my head as a response). He held up his gluten-free English muffin and said, sadly, "This isn't a lunch." I laughed with him, because, what else could I do? So SAD and so sad.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Digging through abandoned lunches at work in the back of the fridge. Only things I find marginally edible (that were ever edible to begin with) are cheese sticks and fruit. All the yogurt is non-fat, there's little packets filled with grain shapes, some candy and soda, weird drinks that are designed to do who-knows-what to your body (Beyond energy drinks. Stuff with names that make you think it is designed to make you better somehow, but it's just green dye and HFCS). Darn it, people, you need to start abandoning real food for me, not this fake stuff.
    LOL @ grain shapes
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Reese is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sognqaqq View Post
    This is SO not funny, it actually makes me want to cry because it's my sister we're talking about. I was talking to her over the phone and told her how excited I was to have found extra virgin coconut oil in the store here and she said that my cardiologist b-i-l thinks its a bad idea to use coconut oil and that she's using canola oil instead. I want to cry, I REALLY want to cry.
    My boyfriend has informed me not to use coconut oil when I cook for him anymore (his aunt and uncle are both doctors. I believe they were the ones who told him not to use it). I've informed him if he doesn't like it he can cook for himself, and I also asked him if he's ever met a fat Thai person. I need to understand the science behind it better so I can support my arguments, but the Thai thing worked pretty well.

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    Hey, I'm new to the site, and newish to primal, but I've been following WAPF guidelines for awhile now, so have a VERY different idea of what's right/wrong compared to CW. Sometimes I literally feel crazy over the rubbish I hear people utter!

Examples... I had been having a conversation with a good friend about healthy food. She has serious liver disease, so is not well at all, and I'd been going on about how we should only really eat stuff like meat, veggies, fruits, nuts, etc. and she'd agreed fully with me (yay, right?)... so we go to the supermarket and we're buying groceries and she finds these flavoured crackers and said "how about we get some of these for the kids?" I'm like... "errm no... remember, HEALTHY food???" and she replied, "Yeah, but they're made of wheat! Wheat's healthy!" Uhh...nooo... WHAT WERE WE JUST TALKING ABOUT??!

And then there's a conversation with my dad, a well educated man with a Ph.D and all that... so he'd just been finished telling me he can't eat grapefruit anymore (he used to eat it EVERY morning for breakfast... ever since I'd known him... in other words, my entire life) and I said, "Why on earth not??" The reason? He's on statins... and apparently on statins you can't eat grapefruit. I tried to explain that he DID NOT NEED STATINS... but yeah... my words fell on deaf ears. My mum is a retired physician, so I guess she's all full of CW knowledge, unfortunately.

The good thing is, my kids are starting to get it! They don't yet follow a proper primal diet (they still like their bread, although I've cut it back heaps), but things ARE seeping in! There's a new KFC ad on TV about how they now use canola oil, and my son's response was: "Great, they're now poisoning us!" The kids will also happily use fat or butter in the pan when cooking, and no longer ask where the oil is . They're also very dismissive of margarine and will tell everyone who will listen that it's NOT FOOD.

Unfortunately, the kids are still being taught about the diet pyramid and stuff at school, and I've had to tell them that it's not right, but that they can't argue with the teacher about it, they just have to keep it in their head, do what they're told, and forget about it all when they get home!! I really don't feel like getting in an argument with the teacher over CW versus primal... for all that it's so darn logical that we just eat REAL FOOD!

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    I find it interesting - I subscribe to a few women's magazines. A few are getting on board SLOWLY with primal/whole foods. Marie Claire had an interesting article about why veganism is not always healthy due to processed foods and a few others are talking about the importance of fat and protein. When I look at advertisers in these magazines, you really don't see food advertisers.

You never see these ideas in Cooking Light or Good Housekeeping....look at the advertisers.

tstein13 is offline Junior Member
    As I am preparing my leftover grass-fed burger for lunch, a co-worker scoffs at the fact that I am eating beef. She doesn't eat beef or pork because her "cholesterol used to be high." Anytime I try to talk to her about food, she tries to destroy my credibility by saying something along the lines of, "Well, you are not a doctor," as if doctors were authorities on the subject. If doctors knew more about nutrition, there would be less of a need for doctors, but you guys already knew that.

After being primal for a year and a half, I have pretty much given up on trying to give anyone advice. No one really cares to listen. Oh well.

Side note: Said co-worker is a big advocate for Weight Watchers, one of the biggest scams in the diet industry. I would rather get fat than worry about counting points and calories day in and day out. That is no way to live or eat.

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tstein13 View Post
    I would rather get fat than worry about counting points and calories day in and day out. That is no way to live or eat.
    Amen. That's precisely why I never tried very hard to lose weight even though I was really fat: Counting calories and obsessing about food seemed like it would completely suck the joy out of life, and I refused to turn something I enjoyed (eating delicious food) into a daily punishment.

Now that I can drop weight without doing any of that, and still eating awesome things I love, I feel like I've won the lottery. So I try to tell other people about it and get them excited, but yeah. No one really cares.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

WeldingHank is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tstein13 View Post
    Side note: Said co-worker is a big advocate for Weight Watchers, one of the biggest scams in the diet industry. I would rather get fat than worry about counting points and calories day in and day out. That is no way to live or eat.
    I've always wanted to go to my neighbors weight watchers thing for a couple months, purposely eat OVER my points, and still lose weight. Just to prove a point LOL.

Miss Understood is offline Senior Member
    We were explaining the way we eat to another couple over the weekend. We said we eat all natural foods now and no grains but more healthy fats. The overweight wife said, "oh, I don't like fats!". My husband asked her, "do you like butter?"
    She said Yes. "cream?". Yes. "avocado?". Yes. "How about nuts?". She likes nuts. "And cheese?". Yep, she likes cheese. "Well, those are all fats, so I guess you like fat!".

I guess her only idea of fat was the gristle you cut off a piece of steak? !!