Page 516 of 869 FirstFirst ... 16416466506514515516517518526566616 ... LastLast
Results 5,151 to 5,160 of 8685

Thread: Funny CW moments page 516

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    On another forum:

I just finished my workout….stationary bike. I have 458 calories to play with….snack time!
    Reason #47 why I didn't participate in the thread.
    Last edited by RitaRose; 07-15-2012 at 07:06 PM.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Baloo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    On another forum:

Reason #47 why I didn't participate in the thread.
    Can almost guarantee they'll have eaten over 500 calories of food.

sidewinder is offline Member
    I slather my muffin pan in bacon grease & have never had stuck egg muffins either. Not sure how the flavor would work if you're doing sweet v. savory egg muffins though...

Jaradel is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    Basic delicious ice cream recipe is cream, milk, sugar, vanilla. You can certainly play with recipes using Primal ingredients - maybe substituting something for the sugar, or reducing the amount of sugar but allowing some as a "cheat."
    Question: is sugar (or sweetener) absolutely required for making ice cream? I know that for baking, removing an ingredient can drastically change the finished product, since baking is akin to edible chemistry, but ice cream, strictly speaking, doesn't NEED sugar does it?

I was just thinking about making a homemade strawberry ice cream, and wondering if the vanilla and natural sweetness of the strawberries would make it sweet enough without adding sugar.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

seashells is offline Senior Member
    Last night I was craving ice cream and took some frozen mixed berries and heavy cream, used the stick blender and whir whir whir and got this fantastic fruity desserty stuff that tasted like sherbert. Just fruit and cream and it was plenty sweet for me.

meghanwaslike is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaradel View Post
    Question: is sugar (or sweetener) absolutely required for making ice cream? I know that for baking, removing an ingredient can drastically change the finished product, since baking is akin to edible chemistry, but ice cream, strictly speaking, doesn't NEED sugar does it?

I was just thinking about making a homemade strawberry ice cream, and wondering if the vanilla and natural sweetness of the strawberries would make it sweet enough without adding sugar.
    I've been off sugar and artificial sweetners for a couple months, and if I even try something that has sugar or sweetner in it, it's WAY too much for me. I'd give it a whirl with just fruit or vanilla and if it's not sweet enough maybe add a little raw honey? I can't handle sweet stuff anymore, it makes my teeth hurt.

Sugar is the traditional sweetener, but ice cream doesn't require it AFAIK for any issues WRT consistency. Some folks substitute stevia or other sweeteners, but one could certainly make ice cream without added sweetness.

An ice cream with only strawberries as the sweet component would be much less sweet than what people are used to, so it's a matter of personal taste. I would think it's worth a try. Other fruit like peaches might have higher natural sugar content if a berry ice cream doesn't quite taste sweet enough.

unsuperb is offline Senior Member

The sugar aids in the overall mouth feel of the ice cream and minimizes ice crystallization (so yes, it does have a purpose beyond making it taste sweet). If that's not a concern for you, then definitely go ahead with dropping the sugar.

unsuperb is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Do you pour the eggs into a hot pan then?
    Maybe that's my fail.

I've always done it in a sili pan... so I'm having to relearn.
    No, it's not really hot as by the time I take the pan out of the oven and start smearing the melted butter around, the pan is fairly cool when the egg mixture is added. I do add a lot of butter/fat and can see the excess pool on top of the egg mixture in the end. Maybe that's the key?

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Digging through abandoned lunches at work in the back of the fridge. Only things I find marginally edible (that were ever edible to begin with) are cheese sticks and fruit. All the yogurt is non-fat, there's little packets filled with grain shapes, some candy and soda, weird drinks that are designed to do who-knows-what to your body (Beyond energy drinks. Stuff with names that make you think it is designed to make you better somehow, but it's just green dye and HFCS). Darn it, people, you need to start abandoning real food for me, not this fake stuff.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html