Page 515 of 879 FirstFirst ... 15415465505513514515516517525565615 ... LastLast
Results 5,141 to 5,150 of 8788

Thread: Funny CW moments page 515

Reese is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    I'm in a water aerobics class and everyone else is either over 40, overweight, or both. I was talking to a woman who was probably around 60 and not really heavy for her age group on average, but if she was younger I would have thought she was heavy. And I was talking to a girl probably about 30 who was pretty overweight. I was in one of those excited-about-being-primal moods, so I introduced the topic in the only way I've found works to not offend people who are larger than me or confuse people who don't know about it: "I'm pretty skinny, but I have NO muscle. So I'm trying this diet that's supposed to help with that... you really just eat regular size portions but no processed stuff, no sugar and no grains." So they asked what I eat and I was like "steak! other meats... good quality meats though, the grass-fed kind. And full-fat dairy products like organic milk and grass-fed butter and good cheese; and veggies and stews... and I eat a ton of blueberries. A little chocolate because it helps me not want other sweets" and half the things I listed had the overweight girl, who is really mellow, doing a comparison and saying "I don't eat that... I don't even eat that..." etc. She's has the standard thought process going that all these things are terrible for you, and she's clearly trying to be healthy because she's doing the swim class and not eating things she thinks are bad. She probably eats whole grain pasta and diet soda and whatnot. I think she'll probably ask me more about it next week. Not really funny, but my first experience venturing into the CW world with my new habits.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    I had frozen raspberries and poured heavy cream over them. raspberries froze the cream so I mushed it all up with my spoon and stirred it around. Oh, tasty raspberry ice cream without the sugar and eggs!
    Any frozen fruit + coconut cream in the VitaMix = softserve icecream.

This is helping to keep my newly Primal Dad from thinking that this WOE is no fun.

sapphire_chan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reese View Post
    , so I introduced the topic in the only way I've found works to not offend people who are larger than me or confuse people who don't know about it: "I'm pretty skinny, but I have NO muscle. So I'm trying this diet that's supposed to help with that..
    I hope she does end up asking you more, but it's more likely that she'll come to one of two incorrect conclusions. Either that you're going to end up fat when your metabolism can't handle your diet anymore or that you're going to "bulk up" and that she shouldn't try your diet because she'd end up looking even bigger.

I really really really hope she asks you more next time.

sapphire_chan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Like making eggy muffins... WITHOUT my silicone muffin pan, because MiL borrows but does not return things.

Don't ever be tempted to make egg muffins without the benefits of silicone!
    Last nights dinner will haunt me for a week just from the scrubbing up that had to be done.
    And now I have to buy a silicone muffin pan. =D

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sapphire_chan View Post
    I hope she does end up asking you more, but it's more likely that she'll come to one of two incorrect conclusions. Either that you're going to end up fat when your metabolism can't handle your diet anymore or that you're going to "bulk up" and that she shouldn't try your diet because she'd end up looking even bigger.
    Or (my personal favorite) that you look that way despite your diet.

'Well that's okay for you, you can eat that way and not gain!" Um... maybe it's because I eat this way?
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

unsuperb is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Like making eggy muffins... WITHOUT my silicone muffin pan, because MiL borrows but does not return things.

Don't ever be tempted to make egg muffins without the benefits of silicone!
    Last nights dinner will haunt me for a week just from the scrubbing up that had to be done.
    ? I've never had an issue making egg muffins with just a regular muffin tin, just make sure to grease it plenty.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by unsuperb View Post
    ? I've never had an issue making egg muffins with just a regular muffin tin, just make sure to grease it plenty.
    Hmm.... It was a nonstick pan and I brushed it with a good amount of coconut oil too.
    One word STUUUUUUCK.

If you have any tips and tricks please feel free to share!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    I used a nonstick pan, buttered the living sin out of it, and mine was fine.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

unsuperb is offline Senior Member
    Mine's not a nonstick, but I just place copious amounts of butter in each well, let it melt in the oven, smear it all around, and then pour in the filling.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by unsuperb View Post
    Mine's not a nonstick, but I just place copious amounts of butter in each well, let it melt in the oven, smear it all around, and then pour in the filling.
    Do you pour the eggs into a hot pan then?
    Maybe that's my fail.

I've always done it in a sili pan... so I'm having to relearn.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.