Page 513 of 894 FirstFirst ... 13413463503511512513514515523563613 ... LastLast
Results 5,121 to 5,130 of 8933

Thread: Funny CW moments page 513

chumbert is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    OMG... I am gagging!

Ice cream hounds, all you need to do is invest in this. Sometimes the warehouse stores carry them for around $35.

Basic delicious ice cream recipe is cream, milk, sugar, vanilla. You can certainly play with recipes using Primal ingredients - maybe substituting something for the sugar, or reducing the amount of sugar but allowing some as a "cheat."

I made a crazy honkin' good ice cream last month with rhubarb from my garden that I simmered into a compote with a sprig of rosemary (removed when the rhubarb was added into the liquid base, using heavy cream and goat's milk. Sounds weird, but it was eyeball rolling good. Basically, whatever crazy experiment you do, the result will be better in terms of ingredients (if not flavor) than 99.9999% of ice cream you can buy.

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    Ice cream hounds, all you need to do is invest in this. Sometimes the warehouse stores carry them for around $35.
    I actually went on a quest earlier this year to find a relatively cheap all-metal hand-crank unit since I don't buy plastic or appliances. (Okay, aside from my avocado green vintage Sunbeam hand mixer that I found at the thrift store for $8. That is an exception.) Anyway, them shits is expensive. Or, rather, I'm just really poor. When I eventually break down and make ice cream, I will probably just use good old-fashioned rock salt and ice. Probably won't be as perfect as fancy newfangled contraption ice cream, but I kick it oldschool (and cheap).

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    I actually went on a quest earlier this year to find a relatively cheap all-metal hand-crank unit since I don't buy plastic or appliances. (Okay, aside from my avocado green vintage Sunbeam hand mixer that I found at the thrift store for $8. That is an exception.) Anyway, them shits is expensive. Or, rather, I'm just really poor. When I eventually break down and make ice cream, I will probably just use good old-fashioned rock salt and ice. Probably won't be as perfect as fancy newfangled contraption ice cream, but I kick it oldschool (and cheap).
    I'm a minimalist cook, don't like single-usage appliances, but the ice cream maker is a worthwhile exception IMO.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    I'm a minimalist cook, don't like single-usage appliances, but the ice cream maker is a worthwhile exception IMO.
    To fix it being a single-use appliance, just make sure you make icecream at least twice. *shrug*
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    To fix it being a single-use appliance, just make sure you make icecream at least twice. *shrug*
    Funny girl. You know what I mean: food processor can do lots of tasks; coffee maker only does one, but I needs my coffee. Ice cream maker may be my only other single-purpose appliance...

weathergirl is offline Member
    Yes I'm too cheap/poor to buy a new appliance lol. I might look into a cheap one though. It might save money over time making it myself. However there is a little old fashioned dairy in town that sells milk cheese and eggs and home made ice cream!!!! It's the best its ap good. It's where I get all my dairy products from and they serve it all in glass bottles its great. So if I buy an ice cream machine I have very little reason to go there for ice cream haha

There are a bunch of farms up your way that look pretty interesting, Weathergirl. I remember when I started sourcing direct from farms I checked out eatwild.com, and I remembered seeing a number of farms in the SC area.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by weathergirl View Post
    Yes I'm too cheap/poor to buy a new appliance lol. I might look into a cheap one though. It might save money over time making it myself. However there is a little old fashioned dairy in town that sells milk cheese and eggs and home made ice cream!!!! It's the best its ap good. It's where I get all my dairy products from and they serve it all in glass bottles its great. So if I buy an ice cream machine I have very little reason to go there for ice cream haha
    put ice cream mixings into one ziplock bag

put that bag into a bigger ziplock bag with ice and salt

shake it to death

et voila! icey cream
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Over the next 90 minutes, I want to show you that all of your problems can be solved with my penis.

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    coffee maker only does one, but I needs my coffee.
    I actually have a manual dripolator and it works wonderfully. It only requires one extra step (boiling the water first in a separate pot so you can pour it in the top). Not bad.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -