Page 512 of 839 FirstFirst ... 12412462502510511512513514522562612 ... LastLast
Results 5,111 to 5,120 of 8388

Thread: Funny CW moments page 512

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by jesssa View Post
    girl, eating 0% fat yogurt in the lunch room: mmm I love this stuff, Greek yogurt is so good
    me, eating 10% mf yogurt in the unch room: I agree!this kind is my favourite!
    girl: ohhhh... but doesn't it taste gross with all the fat in it?
    Nooo... but it tastes pretty darn gross when they take it all OUT!
    And then make it really hard to find the good stuff.
    Damned 'Americanization' of foods.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Hanlon is offline Member
    Not sure if this is a CW moment but didn't want to make a new thread

Was in the supermarket today and saw 'bacon pieces'. They basically looked like crispy bits of bacon. Looked at the ingredients, NO BACON IN IT AT ALL. It was made from Soy and vegetable gum with 'flavouring'. What??! It wasn't even in the vegetarian section where all that weird fake food is.

If people want bacon flavoured food, BUY BACON

lotusberries is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanlon View Post
    Not sure if this is a CW moment but didn't want to make a new thread

Was in the supermarket today and saw 'bacon pieces'. They basically looked like crispy bits of bacon. Looked at the ingredients, NO BACON IN IT AT ALL. It was made from Soy and vegetable gum with 'flavouring'. What??! It wasn't even in the vegetarian section where all that weird fake food is.

If people want bacon flavoured food, BUY BACON
    That's what most store-bought bacon bits are. Flavored soy bits. That stuff was around when I was a kid. You have to look hard for the "real bacon" bacon bits, but even those have some scary ingredients. Way easier to just make my own with my nitrate-free stuff.

weathergirl is offline Member
    Ok so I have a funny CW moment. I'm a nanny, and my boss was asking about my diet and how I lost the weight. She is a very intelligent woman and we had a really lengthy convo about primal and how bad grains and sugar and legumes are. And also about gluten and stuff. She mentioned she would like to lose a few lbs herself. She isn't overweight, but just average. So the kids tell me a few days later "mommy went on a diet" and I'm like oh yeah? And they are like "yeah she is only eating arugula for lunch and snacks and a lean cuisine for dinner. But she is throwing away half of the lean cuisine and filling it with arugula." Wtf?!?!?!;!;! My mind was boggled at this point but of course I just said oh ok cuz I'm not gonna freak out the kids. And then a few days later I notice she had some gluten free granola bars and gluten free cookies in the cabinet and I asked the girls why they had gluten free food and they said "mommy is gluten free now too just like you! " I'm like "oh no does mommy have celiac too?" And they said " no. She saw an accupuncture guy and he told her to stay away from wheat sugar and soy and legumes." I'm like "oh wow I coulda told her that for free!" They were like "we know chels, you have said that for a long time" haha. Kids are so cute. I felt like telling her that gluten free junk food is still junk food but its not my place and none of my business really. But dang people are so blind sometimes!!!!

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Weathergirl: For. Real.

I told my dad I've been having super bad sugar cravings lately and he suggested I check out Breyers CarbSmart ice cream because that's what he eats.

"Ingredients: Milk, Skim Milk, Cream, Sorbitol, Polydextrose, Whey, Glycerine, Natural Flavor, Cellulose Gel, Propylene Glycol Monoesters, Mono And Diglycerides, Cellulose Gum, Carob Bean Gum, Guar Gum, Sucralose (Splenda ® Brand), Acesulfame Potassium, Carrageenan."

Uh yeah. No. Thanks, but..... No.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Lol I know I wanted some ice cream and I looked at the "no sugar added" stuff. I didn't know that meant "a bunch of alcohols and sugar substitutes added" why can't they just make a less sweet ice cream?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by weathergirl View Post
    Lol I know I wanted some ice cream and I looked at the "no sugar added" stuff. I didn't know that meant "a bunch of alcohols and sugar substitutes added" why can't they just make a less sweet ice cream?!?!?!
    I'm so with you. I guess it's the old adage, though: If you want something done right you have to do it yourself. I'm sure once some company wises up that we want a less carby ice cream that still only has 5 ingredients, someone will produce it. But I guarantee it'll only be in specialty grocery stores. Stupid CW.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    I'm so with you. I guess it's the old adage, though: If you want something done right you have to do it yourself. I'm sure once some company wises up that we want a less carby ice cream that still only has 5 ingredients, someone will produce it. But I guarantee it'll only be in specialty grocery stores. Stupid CW.
    Yeah and it will be 20$ a gallon lol. I will have to invest in an ice cream machine or something haha. But Grrr ice cream is seriously my vice!

Back to my boss though, I was just thinking, isn't it messed up that even if she was doing that stupid arugula diet, that she was teaching her kids that its ok to basically starve yourself and throw away half of your food!!!!?????!!!!! Wtf is that?!?!?!?!?! It makes me mad now that I think about it like that. Way to prime your pre-pubescent girls on healthy eating.

Quote Originally Posted by weathergirl View Post
    Yeah and it will be 20$ a gallon lol. I will have to invest in an ice cream machine or something haha. But Grrr ice cream is seriously my vice!
    Me tooooo.

Back to my boss though, I was just thinking, isn't it messed up that even if she was doing that stupid arugula diet, that she was teaching her kids that its ok to basically starve yourself and throw away half of your food!!!!?????!!!!! Wtf is that?!?!?!?!?! It makes me mad now that I think about it like that. Way to prime your pre-pubescent girls on healthy eating.
    Yeah, that's really fucked up. What about that even sounds healthy? Like, even to a CW person. Maybe you can ask if she wants some meal plans/recipes since she's doing what you're doing now? Like, nice and easy, no guilt. Just "Here! Have some easy and tasty recipes that'll make it easier to meet your weight loss goal! Smiley face!" I mean, she would be dumb not to use your expertise.

DBailey is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    This morning one coworker brought donuts and another brought bagels. Jokes were made about making a sandwich with a donut in the middle and someone said, "Might as well add bacon too."

Face palm.