Page 510 of 901 FirstFirst ... 10410460500508509510511512520560610 ... LastLast
Results 5,091 to 5,100 of 9004

Thread: Funny CW moments page 510

The Lean Cuisine parade at work is horrifying. Beyond the smell, they just look atrocious. Really? You want to eat that sad looking garbage? Mmmmmkay then.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chumbert View Post
    http://caloriecount.about.com/blog/partners/3-tricks-healthier-macaroni-salad-b576476?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm _campaign=newsletter_20120711&utm_term=continue2

I can do it in one trick..... leave the macaroni out!
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    The Lean Cuisine parade at work is horrifying. Beyond the smell, they just look atrocious. Really? You want to eat that sad looking garbage? Mmmmmkay then.
    Ugh. Lean Cuisine. Ugh. That smell. Uggggggggh.

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little. :x

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    Yeah people at my work are always commenting on my food and how good it looks while they tear open their boxes of frozen microwaveable pasta from TJs. And its just leftovers! Its not like im cooking a steak fresh just for lunch every day. I suggest that they could do the same thing i do--cook real food for dinner and bring in the leftovers for lunch--and they shrug it off at best, or seem perplexed at worst.

I feel like somehow, our culture seems to have started to be turned off to the idea of leftovers, probably cause were trained to think in terms of "single serving" portions of prepackaged things. Not surprising that the food industry would encourage this, since they dont get more money from us if were eating leftovers (kinda like how my company, a textbook publishing company, hates used books in the educational market and specifically designs college books to be flimsy so they fall apart faster).
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    Argh! I saw that before, a while back, and I felt so bad for her. I kept wanting to scream out "Please! Have a steak instead! It's easier and you'll feel so much better!"
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    I quit after adding the vinegar. Sweetened, condensed milk AND sugar? Are we making a dessert or a side-dish here?
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    I quit after adding the vinegar. Sweetened, condensed milk AND sugar? Are we making a dessert or a side-dish here?
    But there was an entire pint of mayonnaise too...
    It was a macaroni salad STEW... it was so wet and sloppy.
    Bleeeeehhhhhh.....
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    I don't think I've ever eaten macaroni salad in my life, and now I don't ever want to. Not that I did before, but now I want to even less.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Baloo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    But there was an entire pint of mayonnaise too...
    It was a macaroni salad STEW... it was so wet and sloppy.
    Bleeeeehhhhhh.....
    I doubt you could taste the veg in the stew either what with the huge amounts of everything else.

Reese is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I doubt you could taste the veg in the stew either what with the huge amounts of everything else.
    People don't understand food. If she knew it would change things she'd eat a little bit better. Does she have a cole slaw episode? If not, I'd like to request she do one.

My boyfriend thinks my new lifestyle is crazy, but he tried to be helpful by suggesting I do weightwatchers. He thought I'd like the social support. 1) No one there would support me because I'm 6lbs 'below average' (based on American women, and... well, come on) for my height, and 2) It would be so much work to try to track what I was eating with them. A few pages back someone said they responded to a suggestion they get a calorie counting app with "My food doesn't come with barcodes." I wish I'd said that... instead I went off on a tangent about how I'd have to calculate each ingredient, and what a pain in the butt. My new response to anyone who suggests this is going to be the barcode thing.