Page 51 of 883 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151551 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny CW moments page 51

Metismomma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    minute rice with margarine and creamed corn here.
    Calm the f**k down.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Poor man's rice pudding here: cold steamed rice, milk, nuke until hot. Sugar and cinnamon optional.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

jesbelle is offline Member
    Sticky rice, short grain white rice or brown rice for me - plain or with a little soy sauce and olive oil. I'm still having some once a week at this point, but I get it out. I can't bring a bag into the house or it'll be game over for me.
    "Fry cracked corn, and I don't care. Leela cracked corn, I still don't care. Bender cracked corn, and he is great! Take that you stupid corn." - Bender Bending Rodríguez

Enamel is offline Senior Member
    I used to love making risotto - I think it's the mouth-feel of the rice combined with the flavour of all the other ingredients that made me shovel it away. I don't have a problem not eating it now, but I love having sushi every once in a while.

peacheater is offline Member
    Growing up in India I used to love eating plain hot white rice mixed with coconut oil, salt and pepper. Oh so good! I guess at least I got the coconut oil part right

PixieKitten is offline Senior Member
    My best friend is a major carbivore, so on sunday as we were doing our weekly walk and talking about food(as you do) I challenged her to go no-grain for at least 3 days.
    Monday afternoon she posted a status on facebook. It said: 'COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKIES'
    -facepalm-
    I commented with a jokey 'FAIL!!' She replies: 'Coookies dont count in that! Well it doesn't matter I've failed it already so look at my caring face>>>>>>>>>>>> '
    I can't even facepalm that.
    -headdesk-
    Bunny trainer extraordinaire!

sibylsybil is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Metismomma View Post
    minute rice with margarine and creamed corn here.
    Good god, I LOVED creamed corn as a kid.... what is in it, I wonder--cream and corn? or other nasties? either way, I used to love canned cream corn. and canned peaches.
    Life consists with wildness. The most alive is the wildest. (Thoreau)

Enamel is offline Senior Member
    I overheard this little girl talking with her father at the store today:

"Do you want ice cream?"
    "No, I don't like ice cream."
    "Do you want pie?"
    "I don't like pie."
    "Do you want cheesecake?"
    "No, I had it and I didn't like it, and why do they call it cheesecake?"

It turned out that she did like waffles, but it's still nice to see a kid who doesn't seem to be crazy about sugar.

jspradley is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sibylsybil View Post
    Good god, I LOVED creamed corn as a kid.... what is in it, I wonder--cream and corn? or other nasties? either way, I used to love canned cream corn. and canned peaches.
    When my dad used to make it he'd just take corn and grind it off the cob with a special tool similar to a cheese grater and add sugar too it... I would imagine the canned stuff is just corn and sugar, or maybe HFCS

runnergal is offline Senior Member
    I can eat plain rice or pasta....especially with butter. When I did theater I used to eat a huge bowl of plain pasta right before a show. It seemed easiest to digest and no bad breath from it.
    MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7