Page 509 of 873 FirstFirst ... 9409459499507508509510511519559609 ... LastLast
Results 5,081 to 5,090 of 8727

Thread: Funny CW moments page 509

chumbert is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    I sat next to a friend at a dinner party last weekend and she was sooooo excited to tell me that she has now joined Weight Watchers and is finally going to lose some weight. She also couldn't wait to tell me that she had discovered a new WW candy at the Russell Stovers store. "They are only 1 point each so I can keep up with how many I have eaten each day!"

OMG... here's the website and this is what they say on the about page:

Great-tasting chocolate candies from Weight Watchers by Whitman's contain only 1 POINTSŪ value per piece and have no trans fat.

With these products, Weight Watchers members — and all weight-conscious consumers — can enjoy great-tasting sweets as part of a sensible diet.

Weight Watchers Chocolates and Candies by Whitman's

OK, really????

Goldie is online now Senior Member
    Today for lunch I had egg salad (made with homemade mayo) sandwiches on nice, crispy Romaine lettuce leaves instead of bread. Two of my co-workers were totally bewildered... "What is THAT?" When I told them "egg salad sandwiches" they said it couldn't be sandwiches because there was no bread. I replied that my egg salad was sandwiched in between lettuce leaves and therefore they were sandwiches. They were still dubious.

BTW, they are each at least 30 pounds overweight, take sleeping pills, blood pressure pills, and one is Type-2 diabetic. And they each had a cheeseburger on a bun with french fries for lunch. And wished they could be as thin as I am. When I told them I don't eat any grains, they both decided they could never live like that.

As we headed back to our cubes after lunch, one asked me, "Do you eat donuts?" D'oh... I told her no, donuts are made from grain. She totally couldn't understand not eating donuts!

You make your choices...

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lotusberries View Post
    I was at my grandmother's place a few months ago and she was cutting apart some chickens that she bought. She removed all of the skin from the birds and was going to throw it away but my mother suggested giving it to me so I could fry it up for my husband to eat, and I could save the fat for cooking with later. She gave me the skin, but for the next week she continuously phoned my mother worried that all that skin was going to give my husband a heart attack.
    To be ENTIRELY fair, chicken fat does have a lot more PUFAs in it than red-meat fat (This older post of Mark's lists the fat breakdown of a bunch of different animal fats), and Id bet dollars to pesos that CAFO chicken fat is even worse, so I wouldn't live off of it. But I certainly splurge every once in a while; lord knows it fills me up a lot better than whatever carbo loaded thing its usually served with.
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

merryish is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    Now, even when I completely fall of the wagon and get run over by the wheels, I STILL won't eat that crap.
    SO true. Even my least-compliant days are ridiculously healthy compared to what I used to eat, now that I'm paying attention to what was in that garbage. I can feel at least a little self-righteous that my concerns are now along the lines of "gorged on too many strawberries, my blood sugar is going to skyrocket" instead of "snarfed down two giant Snickers and half a bag of chips, now it's time for a trip to Burger King...."

lotusberries is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    To be ENTIRELY fair, chicken fat does have a lot more PUFAs in it than red-meat fat (This older post of Mark's lists the fat breakdown of a bunch of different animal fats), and Id bet dollars to pesos that CAFO chicken fat is even worse, so I wouldn't live off of it. But I certainly splurge every once in a while; lord knows it fills me up a lot better than whatever carbo loaded thing its usually served with.
    True, but this was the only time he's ever eaten a few chicken skins and I've saved the fat. We only eat chicken about once a month, if that, so I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have dropped dead from it. He's type 1 diabetic and the amount of cookies and cakes my family tries to get him to eat will definitely do him harm, but a few chicken skins doesn't worry me at all.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    I went for lunch with my (sneery) friend. She got a salad with avo, tomato, bread - with the dressing on the side. When it came out she got totally stressed that the olive oil was already mixed with the balsamic. She didn't want to eat the oil cos' it's "fattening". After vainly trying to get the balsamic out from underneath the oil (and polishing off the bread), she ordered a lemon meringue pie.

With a cherry on top = Meanwhile she rolled her eyes at me for not saying I was rethinking my vegetarianism.!

chumbert is offline Member
    http://caloriecount.about.com/blog/partners/3-tricks-healthier-macaroni-salad-b576476?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm _campaign=newsletter_20120711&utm_term=continue2

I can do it in one trick..... leave the macaroni out!

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chumbert View Post
    http://caloriecount.about.com/blog/partners/3-tricks-healthier-macaroni-salad-b576476?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm _campaign=newsletter_20120711&utm_term=continue2

I can do it in one trick..... leave the macaroni out!
    It's really horrifying that 2/3 "tips" arguably make it even less healthy. (3/3 if you include the fact that they recommend adding edamame as a "vegetable"...)

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    A co-worker told me he could never eat the way I do because he'd never be full just eating a salad...

The only "salad" I've ever eaten at work consisted of several hard-boiled eggs, grilled steak, bacon, avocado, a couple walnuts, and bleu cheese crumbles over a couple leaves of spinach. Pretty sure it would fill up a sedentary little 5'3" dude like him. Or an average lumberjack.

2nd story: Recently visited my brother-in-law and sister. They find my "odd way of eating" to be kind of fascinating/humorous and were asking me what I eat for lunch at work. I usually don't eat lunch, but I told them I make scrambled eggs in the microwave, which I do on occasion. Their comment was "don't people complain about the smell?" To which I responded "Ummm, not sure what kind of eggs you're familiar with, but scrambled eggs don't really smell that bad. And besides, everyone else makes stinky Lean Cuisine chemical-smelling garbage, so they have no right to complain." They just kind of lowered their eyes and said "We usually have Lean Cuisines for lunch at work."

Of course, this was about 5 minutes after my (quite overweight) sister was bragging/laughing about having toast and fruit for breakfast every day. Like she couldn't see a contrast between me at 12-14% bodyweight and herself. Or to be more fair, the contrast between her and my GF, who despite not being as athletic as myself is toned and looks good in a bikini, while my sister looks like she's still carrying the baby she gave birth to 11.5 months ago and wore some mumu/bathing suit contraption to the beach...

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    And besides, everyone else makes stinky Lean Cuisine chemical-smelling garbage, so they have no right to complain." They just kind of lowered their eyes and said "We usually have Lean Cuisines for lunch at work."
    Oh god, that smell is just foul. And it lingers. And it isn't really a food smell.