Page 508 of 872 FirstFirst ... 8408458498506507508509510518558608 ... LastLast
Results 5,071 to 5,080 of 8714

Thread: Funny CW moments page 508

WIChuck is offline Member
    Shop Now
    I was over at my mom's house this evening. She was making chicken drumsticks (yea, no dried boneless, skinless breasts!!!). Made the mistake of looking over her shoulder and saw the skinless drumsticks.

Said, "Where's the skin, that's the best part?" She said, "but it's the worst part for you, so I peeled it off and threw it out."

She really tries to be supportive, but just can't get past the idea that I willingly eat fats. Somehow, she thinks that I can substitute unlimited protein for carbs and stay low fat ala CW.

I think I'm going to try the kebab recipe from today's blog and cook for her next weekend.

soozybee is offline Junior Member
    My sister sent me this link today

10 golden rules of weight loss - Weightloss - Zest

Baloo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WIChuck View Post
    I was over at my mom's house this evening. She was making chicken drumsticks (yea, no dried boneless, skinless breasts!!!). Made the mistake of looking over her shoulder and saw the skinless drumsticks.

Said, "Where's the skin, that's the best part?" She said, "but it's the worst part for you, so I peeled it off and threw it out."

She really tries to be supportive, but just can't get past the idea that I willingly eat fats. Somehow, she thinks that I can substitute unlimited protein for carbs and stay low fat ala CW.

I think I'm going to try the kebab recipe from today's blog and cook for her next weekend.
    I know that feeling, at a BBQ a few weeks ago and someone asked where the skin from my drumstick was. Told them I ate it. They "don't know how I could eat the skin". I kind of think what was the point in them marinating them before cooking to then taking away the skin and all the flavour from the marinade. Bizarre.

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    http://www.doobybrain.com/wp-content...es-600x450.jpg

Seems there is a marketing link between cigarettes and wheat in noodles as well...lol
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

lotusberries is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WIChuck View Post

I was at my grandmother's place a few months ago and she was cutting apart some chickens that she bought. She removed all of the skin from the birds and was going to throw it away but my mother suggested giving it to me so I could fry it up for my husband to eat, and I could save the fat for cooking with later. She gave me the skin, but for the next week she continuously phoned my mother worried that all that skin was going to give my husband a heart attack.

KKDMB is offline Member
    Just had a family trip to celebrate my grandparents' 50th anniversary. The entire family is overweight and/or obese (besides my mother, who I have now 100% convinced to go completely Primal...BAM - although she was pretty WAPF before, and has always been very health conscious).

So 4th of July family-day dawns and I have my morning coffee (coconut oil, heavy cream, maybe some butter) and get on with my day. The eating isn't till around 4:30 and that's a little later than my usual "breakfast" around 1ish so I decide to fast till then. No big deal.

The family converges around mid-morning and the the fare was so freaking SAD. Donuts, cupcakes, hot dogs, hamburgers (my beef being with the bread, etc. of course), chips, pretzels, and all the little children ONLY drank nasty fake chocolate milk, sweet tea, or gatorade (and their mother is a nurse for pete's sake... it killed me). But all was well for me since I brought a pound of local grassfed ground beef, salad greens, and some mac nut oil. I split my meat in half and grilled up two juicy hamburgers and put them right on top of my salad. And ate it all.

Overweight Aunt#1: Well that salad WAS healthy...
    Overweight Aunt#2: Oh, she can eat like that, she's young. Just WAIT until she's our age!
    Overweight Aunt#1: Yeah and everybody knows that skinny people eat the most anyway.

I just sat there biting my tongue and trying not to lock eyes with my lean and not-so-mean Primal mother while she patted my arm and giggled softly.

It was very difficult not to point out that they had Dunkin' Donuts for breakfast, I had watched them snack on pure crap ALL morning and afternoon, and then they all had three different kinds of dessert AFTER dinner.

Nope. My one-meal-of-the-day pound of ground beef is going to kill me and make me fat.
    Live Clean, Love Hard. Or vice versa.

Female! Height: 5'10.5" HW: 161 SW: 135 CW: 124 GW: Whatever number my body wants to be when I'm eating and moving well - trying to get that muscle mass up.

ekczirak is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    "Smart" food donations:

The county I live in in SC is doing a canned vienna sausage drive to help fight childhood hunger. Along with the sausages they are also asking for beenie weenies, Koolaid, fruit cups, and granola bars. Argh! I am all for making donations and helping out the less fortunate, but donations like these will do way more harm than good!

Help 4 Kids – Horry County Nonprofit for Children

selvan12345 is offline Junior Member
    The Sourcies love a good laugh, and The CW loves to deliver said snickers. We had plenty to laugh at on our fave displays this season -- sparring twosomes, secrets (and more!) disclosed, high-times hijinks, awfully worded confessions, smirking bad young men, and a certain "homage" to other TV displays that left no one unscathed.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    Ugh, I remember those stupid Atkins bars and drinking mass quantities of caffeine free diet Coke.

Now, even when I completely fall of the wagon and get run over by the wheels, I STILL won't eat that crap.

Not at all what Dr Atkins had in mind back in the day.
    Isn't it funny what we consider falling off the wagon now? I've been picking up individual orange juices when I'm at the grocery store "because I want one, damnit!" but just a single, because I don't need all the carbs in a big one. That used to be a healthy choice, not a treat/deviation.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    Isn't it funny what we consider falling off the wagon now? I've been picking up individual orange juices when I'm at the grocery store "because I want one, damnit!" but just a single, because I don't need all the carbs in a big one. That used to be a healthy choice, not a treat/deviation.
    For sure. For me, falling off the wagon is buying a bag of cherries or a bar of 85% chocolate. Or, like I did yesterday, bought a bag of bacon jerky with one ingredient I didn't recognize. Turns out that stuff tastes like chemicals, though, so I won't be buying it again.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -