Page 506 of 838 FirstFirst ... 6406456496504505506507508516556606 ... LastLast
Results 5,051 to 5,060 of 8371

Thread: Funny CW moments page 506

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    Aw, thanks. I think the diet deserves slowclap.gif more than I do, though.
    Perhaps, but--true story--despite being a scientist, what really got me on board with giving this diet a try was profound personal revelations and improvements like the one you just shared ;D
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    This
    Unjunk Your Junk Food: Healthy Alternatives to Conventional Snacks: Amazon.ca: Andrea Donsky, Randy Boyer, Lisa Tsakos: Books
    Yes they focus on making sure your snacks don't contain trans fats and use only organic wheat but...
    IT IS STILL JUNK FOOD
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    This
    Unjunk Your Junk Food: Healthy Alternatives to Conventional Snacks: Amazon.ca: Andrea Donsky, Randy Boyer, Lisa Tsakos: Books
    Yes they focus on making sure your snacks don't contain trans fats and use only organic wheat but...
    IT IS STILL JUNK FOOD
    And then there's this.

UNREAL | Candy Unjunked

Quote Originally Posted by onalark View Post
    And then there's this.

UNREAL | Candy Unjunked
    Same type of idea....Avoiding poison A while promoting poison B
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Seriously, why do the spammers have to use THAT post???
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

This isnt exactly food related but is still appropriate:

So i now wear vibram five fingers almost exclusively. I currently have 3 different pairs (KSOs, Sprints, and a new pair of Jayas). I got my first pair of Sprints almost 3 years ago now, so I've been doing the VFF thing for quite a while. People ask me about them a lot and I usually give a short spiel explaining them. People are usually interested, amused, or politely skeptical.

But just this afternoon, I was poking around in a store when a middle-aged woman asked if she could squeeze past me. I moved, and as she moved past she glanced down, saw my shoes, and exclaimed in surprise. I smiled politely. She muttered something about the toes being funny, but then peered closely at them, and exclaimed, "Arch support!" I blinked, and opened my mouth to reply, but before I could say a *single thing*, she started LECTURING ME about the importance of arch support, especially on hard floors and concrete. I finally got a word in edgewise, politely saying that the LACK of arch support helped my feet exercise more naturally and strengthen my arches. She muttered more things about arch support and walked away in a flustered huff.
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    ...saw my shoes, and exclaimed in surprise. I smiled politely.
    I wear mine almost all the time and I still have this conversation with family members:
    "Oh you've got toe shoes, are those comfortable?"
    "Yep" (still as comfortable as last time I saw you and you asked that)
    "I'm thinking about getting some"
    "You should" (get a pair and stop this Groundhog's Day bullsh*t)
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

70in2012 is offline Senior Member
    vibrams are for weaker souls. now i go barefoot mostly even when i am hiking on mountain trails.
    Few but ripe.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    This isnt exactly food related but is still appropriate:

So i now wear vibram five fingers almost exclusively. I currently have 3 different pairs (KSOs, Sprints, and a new pair of Jayas). I got my first pair of Sprints almost 3 years ago now, so I've been doing the VFF thing for quite a while. People ask me about them a lot and I usually give a short spiel explaining them. People are usually interested, amused, or politely skeptical.

But just this afternoon, I was poking around in a store when a middle-aged woman asked if she could squeeze past me. I moved, and as she moved past she glanced down, saw my shoes, and exclaimed in surprise. I smiled politely. She muttered something about the toes being funny, but then peered closely at them, and exclaimed, "Arch support!" I blinked, and opened my mouth to reply, but before I could say a *single thing*, she started LECTURING ME about the importance of arch support, especially on hard floors and concrete. I finally got a word in edgewise, politely saying that the LACK of arch support helped my feet exercise more naturally and strengthen my arches. She muttered more things about arch support and walked away in a flustered huff.
    I bet she was watching a podcast of Dr Oz at the same time.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by 70in2012 View Post
    vibrams are for weaker souls. now i go barefoot mostly even when i am hiking on mountain trails.
    Weaker souls what live in dense urban areas For the first time in my life, I actually DID see a needle lying on the street in the Mission the other day. I got strangely excited, being all, "Oh hey! This is what people warn us about! It really happens! "

I got strange looks.