Page 504 of 884 FirstFirst ... 4404454494502503504505506514554604 ... LastLast
Results 5,031 to 5,040 of 8834

Thread: Funny CW moments page 504

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by JennaRose View Post
    Old McDonald had a farm...
    Well played, ma'am.
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chumbert View Post
    Well it's about time..... Welcome aboard!

All Calories Not Created Equal, Study Suggests
    Omg! Exciting!!!! If WebMD is on board, we can expect everyone else to follow suit pretty soon.

Although,
    Levels of the stress hormone cortisol and C-reactive protein -- an indicator of inflammation in the body -- were higher during the low-carb phase of the study.

"The metabolic benefits of this diet may be undermined by more inflammation and higher cortisol, both of which can increase heart disease and stroke risk over time," Ludwig says.
    I wonder what the diet consisted of. It was probably pretty high in O6 and vegetable oil. So the results weren't as good as they could have been.

But hell, it's a step in the right direction (away from calories-in-calories-out) and they note that more study is warranted. I'm pleased!

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Jaradel is offline Senior Member
    Random thought:

In the "All I need to know about life I learned from Star Trek" department, it makes perfect sense what happened to the tribbles. They gorged on grain and were stuffed to the gills, and died of starvation. Now on the show they posited that the grain was poisoned, but I like to think that the grain itself WAS poison.

Like I said, random thought, but makes sense, doesn't it? After all, CW proves that one can be overweight and malnourished.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

MissJenn is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    Omg! Exciting!!!! If WebMD is on board, we can expect everyone else to follow suit pretty soon.

Although,

I wonder what the diet consisted of. It was probably pretty high in O6 and vegetable oil. So the results weren't as good as they could have been.

But hell, it's a step in the right direction (away from calories-in-calories-out) and they note that more study is warranted. I'm pleased!
    This is great but, as with most studies, I seem to find holes in the outcomes. Ok so cortisol levels and C-reactive proteins were higher during the low-carb phase of the study probably because the body was adjusting to burning fat instead of glucose. Also, because it was slightly higher for ONE MONTH doesn't mean it would continue that way UNLESS it was like that over a long stretch of time. Of course a lot of stress is bad for your health! I don't know about you guys but since I started eating primally, stress has been a thing of the past.

Now let's do a study on why those levels were elevated for that month and see how they are in the long-term!
    F/ 5'6"
    HW: 230 (ugh)
    SW: 204 2/27/12
    CW: 171 7/27/12 (33lbs!)
    GW: 145ish? Who cares. I just want to look good naked

Quote Originally Posted by MissJenn View Post
    This is great but, as with most studies, I seem to find holes in the outcomes. Ok so cortisol levels and C-reactive proteins were higher during the low-carb phase of the study probably because the body was adjusting to burning fat instead of glucose. Also, because it was slightly higher for ONE MONTH doesn't mean it would continue that way UNLESS it was like that over a long stretch of time. Of course a lot of stress is bad for your health! I don't know about you guys but since I started eating primally, stress has been a thing of the past.

Now let's do a study on why those levels were elevated for that month and see how they are in the long-term!
    Yeah, there are definitely problems with the study. But it's still encouraging that they intend to do follow-ups, as opposed to the findings being "inconclusive" because they don't match up with the lipid hypothesis, with no intended future studies.

And the fact that WebMD even published something that doesn't sync up in lockstep with "calories in, calories out" / "saturated fat clogs your arteries, duh" is, to me, a great victory.

chumbert is offline Member
    FDA approves drug to treat some obese, overweight adults (Belviq)

FDA approves drug to treat some obese, overweight adults – - CNN.com Blogs

According to the article:
    The most common side effects of Belviq in non-diabetic patients include headache, dizziness and fatigue; and in diabetic patients low blood sugar and pain, according to the FDA.

WHY OH WHY DO WE REJOICE IN YET ANOTHER "PILL" TO CURE OUR OBESITY PROBLEM... AND WHY WOULD PEOPLE PUT THESE CHEMICALS IN THEIR BODIES AND PUT UP WITH THESE SIDE EFFECTS? JUST EAT RIGHT, ALREADY!!

texas.grok is online now Senior Member
    The U.S. Food and Drug Administration Wednesday approved Belviq, or lorcaserin hydrochloride, to be combined with a reduced-calorie diet and exercise, for treatment of chronic weight problems.
    I thought that according to CW, this was all that was needed to lose weight in the first place? But then again, the drug companies don't make any money off of that.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

Quote Originally Posted by chumbert View Post
    JUST EAT RIGHT, ALREADY!!
    The problem is that the national diet guidelines are so frakked up that people think they already are eating right. People have been trained to think that the reason their "healthy" diet isn't working is because they are just personally flawed in some way, whether biologically, or because of insufficient willpower.

Don't worry. Conventional wisdom will hopefully change in the next few years. The ball is already rolling. And with the new scientific knowledge out there that people eat constantly BECAUSE they are fat, not the other way around, I have a feeling that a lot of fat people will latch onto that. Because anyone who has dieted knows about the insatiable hunger, and knows (if only deep down) that it can't possibly be their fault that they buckled in the face of urges that strong. (And, frankly, no one wants to take personal responsibility for anything, whether it's their fault or not. In this case, it's not, so I expect it to be even more exciting news to people.)

That being said, *headdesk at that pill*

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah.... you know, at least it is better than the pill that caused weightloss via anal leakage.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Yeah.... you know, at least it is better than the pill that caused weightloss via anal leakage.
    Well, it depends.

....Hohohohoho.