Page 50 of 895 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150550 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny CW moments page 50

bwr827 is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Overheard on the escalator at work this morning:

"...I eat healthy, I put granola in my yogurt every morning...and corn is like my favourite vegetable, I eat it all the time. Did you know in some countries they don't eat corn at all? They say 'it's just for the animals.' How crazy is that?"

kmacphee is offline Senior Member
    edit for privacy
    Last edited by kmacphee; 10-27-2011 at 01:05 PM.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yodiewan View Post
    "No you don't. You love the meat/butter/cream/cheese that is poured all over the pasta. Why don't you just eat the topping and skip the pasta?"
    Speaking as someone who happily downed endless bowls of white rice and plain pasta... it is possible to actually love it by itself. Or with salt. And yes, sometimes I would eat the topping (salt) and skip the pasta.

I'm sure you're right in the vast majority of cases, though!
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    I stand corrected! Thanks for enlightening me. Lately I've been learning more and more that things that I "know" to be true are sometimes not. It helps me be less judgemental and think things through more analytically.

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    I'm eating a burger with bacon and green chiles over a salad of spring greens, toms, roasted red peppers, and cukes, all dressed with pico de gallo. A good friend of mine is sitting next to me eating a plain hamburger (bun meat bun) and french fries.
    He looks over at my salad and goes "How can you stand to eat that much vegetation, especially with a burger?" I've never seen him eat anything that could be called a vegetable.
    I look at him. "How can YOU not?"
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Nice! Did he have any sort of coherent response to that?

(Also -- sounds delicious!)
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    He shrugged and went back to his burger.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Speaking as someone who happily downed endless bowls of white rice and plain pasta... it is possible to actually love it by itself. Or with salt. And yes, sometimes I would eat the topping (salt) and skip the pasta.

I'm sure you're right in the vast majority of cases, though!
    I did enjoy the taste of pasta but not plain. I always went light on the sauces so it wouldn't obscure the taste of the pasta, though. Now rice is another matter. I could eat bowls of basmati just on it's own. If they made a perfume that smelled like basmati, I'd bathe in it.

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Speaking as someone who happily downed endless bowls of white rice and plain pasta... it is possible to actually love it by itself. Or with salt.
    +1
    Which is why I simply cannot have either of them in the house - can't be trusted with them. Yet. Well - if ever. Quite proud of myself that I've managed to stay away from them for so long. (Plenty of pork chops and butter have helped with that. )

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    pasta isn't quite as addictive for me, but it is really grand seasoned with butter, salt and parmesan cheese. white rice, otoh, is quite tempting, especially with butter (whereas butter all by itself isn't as tempting). i used to eat it every day as a kid when staying with my (very overweight vegetarian) babysitter. they'd offer tofu concoctions and other soy-based crap (never real food), but all i would eat was the minute rice with margarine.
    Last edited by Saoirse; 03-10-2011 at 08:18 AM.