Page 5 of 888 FirstFirst ... 345671555105505 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny CW moments page 5

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Primal Fuel

Trinkwasser, that is so funny!

"Yes, let's do more of what made us sick in the first place! Surely I will get better."

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

Huh, I had to laugh out loud when I read a post about rinsing ground beef. I'm the one who used to do that! To ad insult to the injury, that was a grass-fed ground beef from a local farm!!! Oh, how conscious I am now of those precious fat drippings

I was so conflicted before PB. I knew healthy, saturated fats were good for you, but because of my cardio-bunny/ weight-lifting/ personal trainer buddies from my last forum, I was brainwashed into the low fat, low calorie thing.

I couldn't figure out HOW to be healthy AND lose weight. The two just NEVER seemed to 'gel' together. I knew there had to be a solution!

Wyatt is offline Junior Member

I find my family members criticizing my egg consumption (6 to 10 a day) as they down various unrefined grains and sugary snacks.

My dear mother will sneak hoho's and tell me, at the same time in the kitchen, she is concerned for my cholesterol.

My heart goes out to individuals who are improving their lives drastically, but whose families are slipping away.

eva
    eva is offline Senior Member

a couple of days ago i was out for dinner w hubby. So i was ordering a nice steak and a side dish of grilled mushrooms and a tomato-onion sidesalad. So i make my order and the waiter asks if i want frenchfries with that- my answer is no potatoes pls. But he continues suggesting different potatoe options- baked potatoes? boiled potatoes? mashed potatoes? potatosalad? and to each i patiently reply - no potatoes pls. So finally he saYs: "ok i understand. U want rice. Why cant u just say so!!" N i very patiently anwer :" no thank u, i just take what i ordered". So the waiter leaves quite pissed off...n my hubby cant stop laughing

challenge yourself
    i blog here http://theprimalwoman.blogspot.com/

Tarlach is offline Member

It's amazing how carbs HAVE to be with every meal.

My wife was out for breakfast the other day and ordered bacon and eggs minus the toast (that was listed with bacon and eggs on the menu). She received her bacon and eggs on bread. When she said she didn't want any bread products, the waitress said 'oh is that what you meant by no toast'.

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . . Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
    Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )
    Legumes (soy/beans/peas etc)

CaveGirl Guest

Eva & Tarlach, LOL!

You got to love the service industry sometimes, purely for the comic effects.

So, by no toast, that means no bread? Who knew?

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Eva's tale reminds me of when I was sent to Chicago for some corporate training in 1983. I was living in CA, also had spent years in CO and FL.

So, every meal in a restaurant had the question, "How do you want your potato?" The Greek restaurant we frequented was the exception. Now, I had nothing against potatoes back then, but every flipping dinner? This was NOT alongside a vegetable! If I asked for a vegetable instead, a common response was, "I'll see what the cook can find."

And we wonder why Middle America has huge middles?

Trinkwasser Guest

"Trinkwasser, that is so funny!

"Yes, let's do more of what made us sick in the first place! Surely I will get better."

They&#39;re afraid if we eat fat instead we&#39;ll die of heart attacks. Which we do, but because of the carbs <sigh>

Same for the rest of society, only slower (bigger sigh)

Alcinda Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Hi all...new to the forum and just had to post.

A doctor I worked with commented on my lunch one day, which was essentially a sandwich without the bread. "No bread" he said? "Nope, I don&#39;t eat grains" I replied. "You don&#39;t eat grains? But you have to eat grains!" "Why?" I asked. His reply "I don&#39;t know, but everyone knows they&#39;re good for you!" I just smiled and turned away.

Out to lunch one day with co-workers. As I was finishing my 1/2 pound burger cheese and bacon and a side salad (with full fat dressing), the guy across from me finished his meal (Pasta and chicken Alfredo) and sat back and groaned...."I can&#39;t believe I ate the whole thing" he said....without even thinking, I said "Yea John, that much pasta isn&#39;t good for you!" Needless to say, his jaw hit the floor.

But, people do get used to it....after following low carb for several months I went out to lunch with a bunch of co-workers and ordered a chicken Caesar salad without the bread, onions or feta cheese (It&#39;s actually a Greek salad, but they call it Caesar) and no croutons. The waiter didn&#39;t hear me say no croutons and asked if I wanted them and about 5 people around the table all answered "NO!"

I know they all think I&#39;m nuts and have to really bite my tongue, but I&#39;m a whole lot healthier than the lot! Despite having at least 25 years on almost all of them!

Page 5 of 888 FirstFirst ... 345671555105505 ... LastLast