Page 496 of 879 FirstFirst ... 396446486494495496497498506546596 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,960 of 8790

Thread: Funny CW moments page 496

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    you guys, i could be wrong, but i think Ihop is in the business of deliciousness and not healthiness
    No! Say it ain't so!

I was just jumping in the car to go there for my annual pap smear. The guy totally gives me a deal, but I'm not supposed to tell anyone...
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

sires6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chumbert View Post
    OMG.... I must have been living under a rock and did not know this until today....

"IHOP does put pancake batter in their scrambled eggs/omelets"

Why oh why do they have to do that to the eggs... all those people that think they are just eating an egg!
    We hardly go out to eat anymore for breakfast because breakfast in the US is a euphamism for nasty pasty bread served covered with HFCS. Unless I can get a couple of eggs and a steak. They are usually commercial eggs (nasty) and CAFO steak that tastes like mattress foam. That's better than not eating at all sometimes. They usually want to eat out when I have been IFing all the day before or after the day before was spent doing some PB play thing that left me happy, tired and HUNGRY.
    The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
    Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
    Pope John Paul II

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sires6 View Post
    We hardly go out to eat anymore for breakfast because breakfast in the US is a euphamism for nasty pasty bread served covered with HFCS. Unless I can get a couple of eggs and a steak. They are usually commercial eggs (nasty) and CAFO steak that tastes like mattress foam. That's better than not eating at all sometimes. They usually want to eat out when I have been IFing all the day before or after the day before was spent doing some PB play thing that left me happy, tired and HUNGRY.

There's a place in town that makes the most amazing omelet with brisket. I'm salivating just thinking about it.

Otherwise: ditto. Breakfast (and brunch, for the most part) is just an exercise in grain-based futility. We'd rather grab lunch or stay at home, where I can make us something less toxic and more nomable.

Quote Originally Posted by onalark View Post
    There's a place in town that makes the most amazing omelet with brisket. I'm salivating just thinking about it.

Otherwise: ditto. Breakfast (and brunch, for the most part) is just an exercise in grain-based futility. We'd rather grab lunch or stay at home, where I can make us something less toxic and more nomable.

That's so funny you post about it, I'm eating grass fed bricket I made the other day, for breakfast! Huge chunk of mouth watering nicely fatted brisket in a tomatoe lemon sauce. I'm stuffed, having had a peach with it.

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
    Pope John Paul II

onalark is offline Senior Member
    That's so funny you post about it, I'm eating grass fed bricket I made the other day, for breakfast! Huge chunk of mouth watering nicely fatted brisket in a tomatoe lemon sauce. I'm stuffed, having had a peach with it.
    It's sooo gooooood. It's the only omelet I'll eat out. It was literally the first thing I ate for breakfast after we came back from France!

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Brisket in tomato lemon sauce? Recipe, please!

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    The confusion from waiters and the kitchen when I order a stir fry without the rice.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Quote Originally Posted by jfreaksho View Post
    Brisket in tomato lemon sauce? Recipe, please!
    I got this recipe but it had objectionable ingredients so I improvised and it turned out great, sweet sour and delicious.

Recipe: (from paleoperfectly.blogspot)

Slow-cooker Paleo Beef Brisket

Beef brisket, about 2-3 lbs

1 medium onion, diced

3/4 cup tomato sauce

6 cloves of garlic, minced

2 tbsp olive oil works

2 tbsp chili powder (less if you don't want it too spicy)

2 tbsp dijon mustard (look for a good paleo one)

2 tbsp apple cider vinegar

1 cup crushed pineapple (with its juice)

1 tsp sea salt

Mix all ingredients together in large bowl (except for brisket and onion). Score the flat side of the brisket with a sharp knife. Place brisket in slow cooker, cover with half of the sauce. Turn the brisket over and cover with the remaining sauce. Place onions over the top. Cover and cook on low 8 hours or until it falls apart. Enjoy!

Okay so I didn't like the canned pineapple because I just have Primal reservations about canned pineapple, so I used a fresh sliced lemon, put on top. Half way through the cooking, I turned the brisket over, letting everything kind of fall into the sauce. When served, wonderful with the sauce!

Annie Sires

Pope John Paul II

pfair143 is offline Member
    I took my best friend out for breakfast for her birthday and she chose Cracker Barrel. She ordered her favorite blueberry pancakes and I chose their advertised Low Carb Breakfast of eggs, sausage, bacon and ham. So far, so good. Breakfasts brought out and toast was added to mine. I'll have to admit that it just stunned me for a second. I asked the waitress to remove the toast and she was just as surprised. "Would you like biscuits instead?" Well, no.

doghug is offline Member
    This happens to me too. Whenever I tell them no toast they always say " would you like a biscuits" or some other trash.
    " If you truly love nature you will find beauty everywhere"

- Vincent Van Gogh

Primal Since January 2011