Page 495 of 873 FirstFirst ... 395445485493494495496497505545595 ... LastLast
Results 4,941 to 4,950 of 8721

Thread: Funny CW moments page 495

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I had a guy, a very dear friend, who not only knows how I've gotten tinier but eats that way on our Science! With Food! Nights ask me how much wheat he could get away with eating "my way."
    My prompt answer was "20% of the time, but I'd recommend none at all."
    "Oh. I was hoping for something like 'every other meal.'"
    "[SWG], how often do you see me eat wheat?"
    "Point taken. Dammit."
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chumbert View Post
    I haven't eaten at IHOP in a long time, but I do get stuck at other breakfast restaurants at times. Now I will be afraid to order an omelet!
    Even at IHOP, you can request it be made with just eggs.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    Even at IHOP, you can request it be made with just eggs.
    I wouldn't want them to fry it in that disgusting industrial-grade soybean oil though.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    I wouldn't want them to fry it in that disgusting industrial-grade soybean oil though.
    If you're really worried, you can order poached eggs instead--no oil involved. But really, for the rare times that I eat breakfast at a place like that, I accept that my food might come into contact with industrial oils and consider that a 20% thing.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chumbert View Post
    So now when someone asks I just say, "Oh you know... diet pills and laxatives!"
    ...and chronic cardio and cigarettes...
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    If I remember correctly it's something about "airy, fluffier omelets!"
    What the heck? I regularly make omelets in the morning and they end up almost airier/fluffier than physically possible. I just crack the eggs in the pan with the grease, scramble them up with the end of the spatula, turn the heat on high, and then put the lid on the pan (already hot from cooking bacon). Then walk away, and come back in a couple minutes. I am not joking when I say that shit ends up like an inch thick. Seriously, it rises up an inch off the pan and forms some kind of airy egg spongecake. It's just eggs, with nothing in it (well, just himalayan salt).

Does IHOP somehow not know how to do this? Have I just stumbled onto some sort of incredible ancient egg-knowledge? You just turn the heat up real high and put a hot lid on it.... The end.
    Last edited by Gravyboat; 06-14-2012 at 04:56 PM.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    What the heck? I regularly make omelets in the morning and they end up almost airier/fluffier than physically possible. I just crack the eggs in the pan with the grease, scramble them up with the end of the spatula, turn the heat on high, and then put the lid on the pan (already hot from cooking bacon). Then walk away, and come back in a couple minutes. I am not joking when I say that shit ends up like an inch thick. Seriously, it rises up an inch off the pan and forms some kind of airy egg spongecake. It's just eggs, with nothing in it (well, just himalayan salt).

Does IHOP somehow not know how to do this? Have I just stumbled onto some sort of incredible ancient egg-knowledge? You just turn the heat up real high and put a hot lid on it.... The end.
    I scramble my eggs in a bowl and add a little pour of heavy cream, then pour it into the pan on med-high heat. Works a charm.
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

OutdoorAmy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    I scramble my eggs in a bowl and add a little pour of heavy cream, then pour it into the pan on med-high heat. Works a charm.
    Ditto!
    Healthy Bucket List:
    • Summit all of Colorado's 14-ers
    • Hike the Appalachian Trail
    • Do a real pull-up
    • Run a 5k
    • Be "Hot For Training Camp"

Check out my journey at Outdoor Amy's Blog.

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    I'd add cream to mine, but I don't deal too well with dairy, I've found. Which is both surprising and a shame. I used to drink a couple gallons of milk a week. I'd keep the jug on my desk and just drink from it. Now it upsets my stomach even having cream in my coffee.

It's ok, though. I whip my eggs in the pan with all that coconut oil and bacon grease until the eggs are full of all that delicious fat. When I slide the finished eggs onto my plate, there's no more oil in the pan. It's all going into my mouth!

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    you guys, i could be wrong, but i think Ihop is in the business of deliciousness and not healthiness
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!