Page 494 of 901 FirstFirst ... 394444484492493494495496504544594 ... LastLast
Results 4,931 to 4,940 of 9007

Thread: Funny CW moments page 494

ELizabeth826 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    My mother was getting her blood sugar checked every few hours after her surgery and eventually they hit her with a dose of insulin. She asked them if she was diabetic, because he mother had been. Their response, along with the way they screwed up her surgery, made sure I will never go to that hospital: "We don't know, I was just assigned to check your blood glucose and give you insulin if I thought you needed it."
    Wait, what? How is this even.....WHAT? I think my brain just short circuited.
    No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
    -Maimonodies

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ELizabeth826 View Post
    Wait, what? How is this even.....WHAT? I think my brain just short circuited.
    When I gave birth to my older son (he's 21 now) I lost a lot of blood. Back then, the doctor said he could give me a transfusion, but he wanted to try feeding me some steak and spinach first to see if that would help.

I had no idea back then how awesome and "against the tide" that was. I tried to get him back 3 years later when I was pregnant again but he had retired.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    People in my building say I lost 5-10 lbs but I didn't. They can't figure out anything about what I do or why I look better- it's a mystery.

Tigerfeet is offline Senior Member
    My coworker lost a bunch of weight the CW way, low fat, whole grains, tons of chronic cardio. She's pretty obnoxious talking about it because she just goes on and on. Well she's started gaining fat now and is stepping up the cardio, cutting calories. I just shake my head in sadness. I've explained paleo and she just tells me that fat makes her stomach hurt.

It doesn't help that my own progress has been stupid slow, but that's because I have much deeper hormonal problems that are working themselves out, she was never terribly broken to begin with.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    I'm on the primal journey on my own...educating hubs and the kids one food, one meal at a time. (they eat primal suppers and just dont know it) When I suggested that hubby try giving up wheat & grains for a few weeks and see if *inflammation* is causing the lingering pain from an old injury, he said "I dont' eat that much bread." I said what about crackers, pie, cereal, Oreos.

He said, "do Oreos have wheat in them?"
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra in BC View Post

He said, "do Oreos have wheat in them?"
    GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

All face-desking aside, though, I can kinda see how people would be confused, since junk foods are all ultra-processed and dyed and formed into shapes and bullshit, so it can be easy to forget where the hell it comes from.

I used to try and impart on my (college intro biology) students about how all the energy in food comes from photosynthesis, and I found that I had to start by explaining that even the components of foods like pizza and cookies originally come from natural sources (or at least, ideally). Their faces would often scrunch up as they wrapped their brains around that one.
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

chumbert is offline Member
    OMG.... I must have been living under a rock and did not know this until today....

"IHOP does put pancake batter in their scrambled eggs/omelets"

Why oh why do they have to do that to the eggs... all those people that think they are just eating an egg!

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chumbert View Post
    OMG.... I must have been living under a rock and did not know this until today....

"IHOP does put pancake batter in their scrambled eggs/omelets"

Why oh why do they have to do that to the eggs... all those people that think they are just eating an egg!
    If I remember correctly it's something about "airy, fluffier omelets!"
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

I've quit telling people how I lost all the weight. They don't want to hear it, they don't want to try it and they don't want to believe you can live without grain and sugar.

So now when someone asks I just say, "Oh you know... diet pills and laxatives!"

Then I smile and walk away - ha ha!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    If I remember correctly it's something about "airy, fluffier omelets!"
    I haven't eaten at IHOP in a long time, but I do get stuck at other breakfast restaurants at times. Now I will be afraid to order an omelet!