Page 493 of 901 FirstFirst ... 393443483491492493494495503543593 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,930 of 9001

Thread: Funny CW moments page 493

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    The box from the food bank always had a "fruit cocktail" with a few red cherries, pineapple, pear, peaches and other candied sugary fruit remnants. My sister and I would dig through the contents of the can and evenly split the cherries, all one to four of them, and then share the rest. We ate it out of hunger and obligation, but once I got used to the flavor/sugar high, I do recall occasionally asking for it at the store. It always did make me sick after eating it, but I was HUNGRY and didn't know any better. None of us did. It was the tail end of the information dark ages, the late eighties and early nineties. If it was "food" I ate it. All of it. And then I went outside and played like the devil.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    My mom: "But it's okay because fiber cancels out sugar!"

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    My mother was getting her blood sugar checked every few hours after her surgery and eventually they hit her with a dose of insulin. She asked them if she was diabetic, because he mother had been. Their response, along with the way they screwed up her surgery, made sure I will never go to that hospital: "We don't know, I was just assigned to check your blood glucose and give you insulin if I thought you needed it."
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

DashFire is offline Senior Member
    Not so much a funny CW moment, as a causing a scene in public moment....

Was at a small, noisey grocery store yesterday with a friend, who got way too excited about finding Coke in a glass bottle. He asked me if I wanted one. I said "no, i'm not doing soda right now." He asked why not as he went to get himself another one, I responded "cause I'm fat." He paused several feet away and asked "What? You're fasting?" I, way too loudly, basically yelling respond.. "No, I'M FAT" as half a dozen people turn and look at me.
    My Primal Journal - Food, pics, the occasional rant, so...the usual.

I love cooking. It's sexy science that you stuff in your face. - carlh

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    My mom: "But it's okay because fiber cancels out sugar!"
    Dat weight watchers logic.
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

perennialpam is offline Senior Member
    I spent the weekend with my obese mother and, as usual, she asked me about my diet. When she asked about meat, I said a eat at least 3 servings. I mentioned a serving is a deck of cards. She said that is when you are on a diet. No mom, a serving is a serving but I'm not limited to how many decks of cards I can eat.

I cannot seem to convince any family or friends to go without bread or soda. Seems like, after over a year and one-half of my eating this way that they'd get that it wasn't that difficult.

Also, they don't know what grains are. But saying bread - gets them all worked up. Can't go without that. haha

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by perennialpam View Post
    I cannot seem to convince any family or friends to go without bread or soda.
    I feel your pain. My dad is doing Atkins while I do this. He still drinks diet soda and has been going out of his way to find low-carb bread. At this point I just shake my head and don't say anything.

He's lost the same amount of weight that I have in the time that I have (which is proof that even junky low-carb works for weight loss, even if it doesn't make you a model of health), so I just try and be positive about that. A year ago he was eating lots of fast food, oreo blizzards, little bags of brownie bites, twinkies, I-Can't-Believe-It's-Not-Butter (I sure can), and I was seriously worried about him. He's still eating Atkins-approved junk food, but it's so much better than it was, at least.

Also, they don't know what grains are. But saying bread - gets them all worked up. Can't go without that. haha
    It's weird when people say that, because no one thinks twice about someone not eating their pizza crust. I think everyone can agree that the actual toppings on pizza are the best part. What's on pizza? Meat, vegetables, cheese, and fat (oil). Think about it, folks.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Chairdr is offline Senior Member
    When I went to my Dr., she looked at my numbers and was so baffled that my primal ways made my numbers so amazing, all she could say was that my Vitaman D was too high. Considering that 5 years earlier she had me on blood pressure meds, I would have appreciated a "great job, keep it up". I guess when you do the opposite of something a proffesional was trained for, and it works, dont expect a warm welcome
    "Don't dream it, be it"

-Dr. Frank-N-Furter

trekfan is offline Senior Member
    Had one the ladies at my church ask me how I lost all my weight and I told her I don't bread, stay away from junk food, and don't drink sodas.

Didn't take but a second for her to wave off the advice and say she didn't want to do that, it was too hard.

*sigh* I just let it go. I could have flooded her with information but I could see she had moved on by that point. If only people weren't so attached to bread and junk food...
    Went Primal July 25th, 2011.

Current Age: 25

Total Loss: 126 lbs

Starting Stats: Weighed 266 lbs, Body Fat 37.6% (100 lbs), BMI 40.9

Current Stats: Weight 140 lbs, Body Fat 15.2% (21.1 lbs), BMI 21.2

Current Goals: Get a stronger core through Pilates and continue being as Primal as I can be.

My Weight Loss Notes Now on a blog page. It starts with "My Weight Loss: Introduction." Available to the public, share with friends if you'd like!

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by trekfan View Post
    Had one the ladies at my church ask me how I lost all my weight and I told her I don't bread, stay away from junk food, and don't drink sodas.

Didn't take but a second for her to wave off the advice and say she didn't want to do that, it was too hard.

*sigh* I just let it go. I could have flooded her with information but I could see she had moved on by that point. If only people weren't so attached to bread and junk food...
    Drives me nuts. And it's generally the people that would benefit the most. So... using a walker is easier? You don't even want to TRY IT???
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com