Page 489 of 895 FirstFirst ... 389439479487488489490491499539589 ... LastLast
Results 4,881 to 4,890 of 8945

Thread: Funny CW moments page 489

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by sires6 View Post
    i like mary hunt, but it kills me that she spouts this "make your own stuff filled with cheap ingredients and you will win the frugality war" crud. I sent her a post about how even though i had purchased more expensive foods: Meat, vegetables, friut; i was actually saving money, etc. That was several weeks ago.

Today, i get this in the email inbox: everyday cheapskate

i think i've caused a concussion from repeated hand hitting head.
    omg..
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Talking to my co-worker about working out and such:
    Co-worker: I'm hungry!
    Me: Hav eyou had your lunch break yet?
    Co-worker: No, I don't have food with me today.
    Me: Well did you eat breakfast?
    Co-worker: Er...no. I had a cookie!
    Me: Well that probably isn't going to help
    -keep chatting, he mentions he's doing no-carb, eating lean meats & veggies, I keep my mouth shut, but then he says he has EGG WHITES for breakfast usually-
    Me: What?! No, eat the whole thing! You're missing out on the protein!
    Co-worker: I don't want all that cholesterol.
    Me: But dietary cholesterol has very little impact what's measured in your body. It mostly just comes right out and your body makes the rest.
    Co-worker:...Well I don't like c-word foods then. Except for chicken. And carrots.

I don't understand why people will keep defending their way of eating instead of conceding with something like, "Oh, I didn't know that!" I've also shared some links with him before about cholesterol/paleo eating etc. but I guess he doesn't read them I give up!

....But..."C" is for cookie....
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sires6 View Post
    And I love the M Theresa quote, "how can you say there are too many children? That's like saying there are too many flowers."
    There could be too many flowers if their roots and shade were choking out food plants to where nothing else could grow. Thus stealing all the world's resources for themselves, while being essentially useless and even harmful to the rest of the planet, and consequently destroying other organisms that actually have a positive impact and necessary function in the circle of life.

So I guess I agree with the comparison but not the implied conclusion.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    ....But..."C" is for cookie....
    I actually thought this, but refrained from speaking up since I was just giving him information about how to eat healthfully ><
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Dracil is offline Senior Member
    I'm gonna say that yes, there *are* actually too many children. Or rather, there's too many humans in general and we're going to breed ourselves into extinction. There's really only a few choices left IMO.

1) We stop having so many children so our population can go into decline until we reach a level that is sustainable.
    2) We go into massive nuclear war to achieve the same
    3) We get so densely populated that some deadly disease spreads to everyone like wildfire and wipes most of us out.
    4) We run out of resources and mass starvation/wars occur anyway till few of us are left living in a barren world. (I am pretty certain we *will* hit peak oil in our generation, and that's when the global economies will *really* start collapsing from hyperinflation)

Out of all these options, 1 really seems like the least painful choice.
    Last edited by Dracil; 06-08-2012 at 01:03 PM.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Dracil- I was thinking the same thing, but didn't want to be single, childless person that said so Granted, SOME people ought to breed so that we don't die out altogether, but far, far fewer than breed now. And only ones that WANT children, not the "oopsies" and "I should's" that account for so many.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

DashFire is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    There could be too many flowers if their roots and shade were choking out food plants to where nothing else could grow. Thus stealing all the world's resources for themselves, while being essentially useless and even harmful to the rest of the planet, and consequently destroying other organisms that actually have a positive impact and necessary function in the circle of life.

So I guess I agree with the comparison but not the implied conclusion.
    Wow. This is totally something I would say. I've ruined more than a few pop wisdom, fuzzy wuzzy quotes for people with this type of cold, hard logic. Usually, it just results in me getting a blank stare and then people walking off. Hilarious.
    My Primal Journal - Food, pics, the occasional rant, so...the usual.

I love cooking. It's sexy science that you stuff in your face. - carlh

Primitiva is offline Member

lol

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primitiva View Post

lol
    No, they sure as bleepity bleep don't! When wheat's a trigger for your depression and sugar exacerbates it, a cupcake is just a depressive day waiting to happen. I don't give a flying fark how good it tastes.
    (Yes, I know, funny CW moment, blahblahblah. She just happened to hit the right nerve with that image.)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    And only ones that WANT children, not the "oopsies" and "I should's" that account for so many.
    Quoted for ABSOLUTE TRUTH.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -