Page 488 of 873 FirstFirst ... 388438478486487488489490498538588 ... LastLast
Results 4,871 to 4,880 of 8730

Thread: Funny CW moments page 488

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    One thing I've have come to understand is that everyone on this earth is messed up in some way, either a little or a lot, and it might be obvious or hidden away. But I mean EVERYONE.

And Quelson! If I wasn't head over heels in love with The Boyfriend, I'd be fighting the other girls here for you. Seriously!
    awww shucks. I have every other weekend off...... :-)
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    awww shucks. I have every other weekend off...... :-)
    Kentucky is a bit of a commute for me. And I don't think The Boyfriend is very good at sharing...

But he'd better behave himself or I'm catching a plane!
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    To thems that had it rough, what did you learn from that? Did you become the same parent to yours or did you learn and grow and make new unique mistakes? I learned and changed so that my kids don't ever get beaten, they have never even needed a spanking and they damn well know I have their back when they need it. I learned how not to be a parent and moved on and you have to think of it that way. If you broke the chain then you did good, if you ever hear yourself saying well that's how I was raised, do you stop and think?

My wife and I just discovered she may be preggers, I get to try again, maybe I can make more new mistakes.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmbear View Post
    To thems that had it rough, what did you learn from that? Did you become the same parent to yours or did you learn and grow and make new unique mistakes? I learned and changed so that my kids don't ever get beaten, they have never even needed a spanking and they damn well know I have their back when they need it. I learned how not to be a parent and moved on and you have to think of it that way. If you broke the chain then you did good, if you ever hear yourself saying well that's how I was raised, do you stop and think?

My wife and I just discovered she may be preggers, I get to try again, maybe I can make more new mistakes.
    for better or worse i decided "not on my watch" and disconnected the plumbing.

i made the decision when i was 21 and just before i got married to the ex and becasue everyone in my mothers generation treated the children the same way so i felt that was the only way to make certain it never happened to my children.
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmbear View Post
    I don't have kids and don't want them. So that solves that. But, if I did have kids, I know I would be a good parent. I am NOTHING like my mother, and thank god for that.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I have yet to have children. Emphasis on yet. After in large part raising my siblings, I figured I deserved a good decade without kids. I hope I will be better than my parents, and handling young children that aren't my own indicates that I will be. I'm just about ready to be a mom again, but I've got crap in my own life that needs fixing (like the whole unemployed thing) before I start spawning.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

WaylandC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I don't understand why people will keep defending their way of eating instead of conceding with something like, "Oh, I didn't know that!"
    Have you tried approaching it this way: "Say, did you know...?"

If not it may trigger his brain to say, "I didn't know that. Let's retain that information."

To add to the CW Moments: I sent a woman links and offered my help in earnest. I had heard mention of a "meeting" via FaceSpace?...MyBook? ...so I sent her an additional message (weeks later) with an update on my dad who is 6'1" (was 240 lbs.) and has lost 45 pounds (currently 195 lbs.) since January. I told her his cholesterol numbers and blood glucose were all in a normal range.

Again, I offered my help and guidance and ended the message. She replied and thanked me and proceeded to confirm the rumor that she had joined Weight Watchers and was going to attend meetings on Mondays, I think it was. Maybe she'll also use my advice/guidance and be a Weight Watcher "success story" with the help of a more paleo diet and primal lifestyle.

Am I being too hopeful?

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    you are being too hopeful, she's cramming bread in her face as we speak
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Sol y Sombra is offline Senior Member
    A CW moment I came upon last night in a Swedish crime novel:

The detective has just been advised by his doctor to change his diet, get rid of all junk food and all alcohol and start exercising. He has also received a DVD from the doctor to help with his motivation, so he's watching it. The DVD is a shot in a recovery home in the US for people who have suffered minor (meaning not quite deadly) heart attacks and strokes - the camera follows them, shows different patients and a voice comments on their cases. So the camera shows a man who's 35, but looks 50. He seems very absent-minded and as he walks about, his pants drop and reveal giant light-blue diapers. He seems confused at first, then he smiles and says: 'No panties'. And the voice comments that this patient has been abusing cholesterol-rich foods and alcohol - he thought the alcohol would flush the cholesterol out of his body...

I am not sure when the book was published, must be a couple of years back, because in recent years there has been a true low-carb, high-fat (LCHF) revolution in Sweden and in fact all over Scandinavia. They even ran out of butter last fall, because everyone was buying insane amounts and their production had decreased, so they had to import butter to satisfy the demand. This is a grass-root movement, but it's very popular and spreading like wild fire in the Scandinavian countries and more and more diabetics are reporting very promising results. And yet, their health authorities still insist animal foods should be restricted and cholesterol-rich foods are bad and people should be eating more whole grains and more fruit...
    Last edited by Sol y Sombra; 06-07-2012 at 11:08 PM.

sires6 is offline Senior Member
    I like Mary Hunt, but it kills me that she spouts this "make your own stuff filled with cheap ingredients and you will win the frugality war" crud. I sent her a post about how even though I had purchased more expensive foods: meat, vegetables, friut; I was actually saving money, etc. That was several weeks ago.

Today, I get this in the email inbox: Everyday Cheapskate

I think I've caused a concussion from repeated hand hitting head.

MamaGrok - I love that bumpersticker. That just says it all. And I love the M Theresa quote, "how can you say there are too many children? That's like saying there are too many flowers."
    The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
    Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
    Pope John Paul II