Page 485 of 895 FirstFirst ... 385435475483484485486487495535585 ... LastLast
Results 4,841 to 4,850 of 8948

Thread: Funny CW moments page 485

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I can't say the concussions as a kid helped any. Probably the reason why I had every conceivable ADD symptom for 40 years. But I do think the scrapes and bruises and gashes really do a kid some good.

Cracks me up every time I see a parent rush to help they're kid before they're even crying. Honestly, I always looked away for a second if I saw my kids fall down, just so they wouldn't milk it. Trust me, if they're really hurt, you'll know it, and then you can help bandage them up! By the time my oldest son was in junior high, he had made his own triage kit, a box filled with bandages, hydrogen peroxide and first aid tape.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Baloo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    I can't say the concussions as a kid helped any. Probably the reason why I had every conceivable ADD symptom for 40 years. But I do think the scrapes and bruises and gashes really do a kid some good.

Cracks me up every time I see a parent rush to help they're kid before they're even crying. Honestly, I always looked away for a second if I saw my kids fall down, just so they wouldn't milk it. Trust me, if they're really hurt, you'll know it, and then you can help bandage them up! By the time my oldest son was in junior high, he had made his own triage kit, a box filled with bandages, hydrogen peroxide and first aid tape.
    Is that just because you didn't help him though

I agree parents these days are really overprotective. What happened to learning from your mistakes? My mum tells me in my first week of school I ran straight into a bar on the school climbing frame at my head height.

Baloo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    I'm actually sort of shocked that I never broke a major bone as a kid. Toes and fingers, yes, and then my nose in my teens, but my significant breaks have been in adult life.
    Same here, all the stuff I used to get up to. Some big cuts and bruises but never broke anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Is that just because you didn't help him though
    LOL! No, he just raced motorcycles and did a lot of BMX riding with his friends, so he got road rash quite often and sometimes while I was at work. He even got himself a concussion when he was riding down a steep slope at school and the front wheel popped off. The forks planted in the dirt and he endoed. Lost consciousness and had a seizure, which I didn't find out about until later. Sadly, he doesn't remember the only cool part, which was the ride in the ambulance, but it did give him a little dose of popularity for a few weeks. I kind of freaked out the ER staff because I was used to this kind of thing. Like mother, like son.

doghug is offline Member
    I never have broken any bones
    " If you truly love nature you will find beauty everywhere"

- Vincent Van Gogh

Primal Since January 2011

I've had 7 concussions - 5 of them as a kid and 2 within the last year.

I wrote a blogpost about them here:

The Making of a Blogger | That Writer Broad

but at the time, I had forgotten about the one where I was in a highchair and kicked myself away from the table, throwing the chair backward and my head onto the kitchen floor.

And since writing the blogpost, I had another one in February. Opening a wrought iron gate, and the minute I released the latch, a big dog planted his paws on the gate, sending it flying into my forehead.

I'm seeing a neurologist in a week.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    You should stop doing that Rita. Not everything that is primal is worth retaining.

Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    You should stop doing that Rita. Not everything that is primal is worth retaining.
    It has been suggested that I wear a helmet. 24/7.

I'm just trying to grow my hair really thick instead.

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    I never broke any of my own bones, other kids, ehhhhh kinda sorta. Kids will be kids and if they don't need to be hosed off before coming back in, it ain't a childhood.

My Mom always said get out and come back when yer hungry so I learned to fish and hunt and wandered back eventually. My mom had to insist I come home at night or I would stay out in the woods all week.

My kids? you cant peel him off the computer and he gets tired if he has to walk the dog. this summer it is going to be a 3 month boot camp of fire making, biking, general mischief and getting hosed off sometimes. Bout time the boy learns something.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

tapper47 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by orielwen View Post
    Love it, thanks for posting.