Page 484 of 888 FirstFirst ... 384434474482483484485486494534584 ... LastLast
Results 4,831 to 4,840 of 8875

Thread: Funny CW moments page 484

Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    "Yes, but little Juvie is special and shouldn't get bruises or cuts."
    "Oh, he has a clotting disorder. I'm sorry. I had no idea. I'll watch out for him then."
    "No, he doesn't. He's a little kid, Little kids shouldn't get bruises or cuts ever."
    I hope she sprayed him down thoroughly with some sort of antibacterial and returned him to a maternal bubble at once.

FFS.

Growing up is all about cuts and scrapes and bruises. It's called being a kid, learning to play, having fun, not being on a leash.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Omega 3 fatty acids are "necessary" and "must" be obtained from the diet because we are unable to make them ourselves & we will DIE unless we eat fish.

Milk, it does a body good blah blah blah blah

Fabbecky is offline Senior Member

She turned to me, probably to chew me out, and I smiled and said "I fell out of several swings myself growing up. Worst that happened is I gave myself a bruise."
    "Oh, he has a clotting disorder. I'm sorry. I had no idea. I'll watch out for him then."
    "No, he doesn't. He's a little kid, Little kids shouldn't get bruises or cuts ever."
    Hmm, she probably would have freaked out at the fact that we leave our back door open so the kids can run in and out without supervision to plan in our yard, or barn, or back field. And after 4.5 years they are both still alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    I hope she sprayed him down thoroughly with some sort of antibacterial and returned him to a maternal bubble at once.

FFS.

Growing up is all about cuts and scrapes and bruises. It's called being a kid, learning to play, having fun, not being on a leash.
    Right?! Both kids, random bruises, cuts scrapes... the 2yr old is currently covered in kitten scratches as he learns how to deal with the baby kitties softly and the baby kitties learn how to get him to back the heck up
    Quote Originally Posted by L8F View Post
    ... I drank the fermented koolaid, and am totally on board...

I'm alergic to carbs - they make me break out in fat!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member

FFS.

Yep. We only got bandaids if it didn't quit bleeding after 10 minutes. Hell, my sister fell out of the glider on the swingset growing up and gashed her head open (ended up needing stitches), and kept playing for a few minutes until I realized that wasn't sweat she was wiping off her face.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

PoppaCap is offline Member
    Yep. We only got bandaids if it didn't quit bleeding after 10 minutes. Hell, my sister fell out of the glider on the swingset growing up and gashed her head open (ended up needing stitches), and kept playing for a few minutes until I realized that wasn't sweat she was wiping off her face.
    My mom said she looked out the kitchen window many times and cringed at what we were doing, but did not say anything to us. She let us play and be kids. Cuts, scrapes, arguments, etc. Thankfully we didn't make the ER too many times.

I'd have about a thousand stories that would have driven HeliMom nuts. Climbing trees, jumping off of sheds, jumping off of walls, riding bike, skittering across frozen ponds, playing football with older kids, just basically playing during summer vaca until well after the sun went down. I got dirt under my fingernails and didn't die. I tried eating stuff that grew wild (clover - sweet, wild strawberries - tart, onion grass - onion-y). We had massive rotten tomato fights like the ones in Spain at the end of the summer and I'd come home looking bloody and smelling like hell. We swam. We ran. When it rained, we read or played board games, or hell, we'd play in the rain, why not?

When the hell did people get so weirdly overprotective?

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    This one is pretty primaliffic too. xkcd: Cadbury Eggs

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I'd have about a thousand stories that would have driven HeliMom nuts. Climbing trees, jumping off of sheds, jumping off of walls, riding bike, skittering across frozen ponds, playing football with older kids, just basically playing during summer vaca until well after the sun went down. I got dirt under my fingernails and didn't die. I tried eating stuff that grew wild (clover - sweet, wild strawberries - tart, onion grass - onion-y). We had massive rotten tomato fights like the ones in Spain at the end of the summer and I'd come home looking bloody and smelling like hell. We swam. We ran. When it rained, we read or played board games, or hell, we'd play in the rain, why not?

When the hell did people get so weirdly overprotective?
    Same here. We ran that poor dog ragged, jumped off the jungle gym, jumped out of the tree, jumped off the roof (got in trouble for being on the roof), wrassled in burs and discovered what they were, chased the cat up a tree (got in trouble and had to get him down), ate anything and everything (juniper berries- tart, honeysuckle- sweet, crepe myrtle blooms- flavorless, mulberry sap- sweet), I experimented with burning hair, doog hair, and green stuff under a shrub (it's a wonder I never burned the neighborhood down), climbed the fence-> found a mean dog-> climbed back (I have a scar that proves the chain link fence tried to take my virginity)...
    We played in the spinklers, made (and made each other eat) mud, used the mud as a slip 'n' slide (we all have scars from finding a rock the hard way.) We chucked rocks and dirt clods at each other.
    The only ER visits I remember were for being violently ill, my sister's broken arm and cuts that needed stitches, and a couple concussions.
    I wanna know- How's little Johnny gonna know all this shit and what NOT to do when he grows up after being helicopter parented?
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

primalshooter is offline Junior Member
    He'll have a nickname when he gets older. "Pussy"

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm actually sort of shocked that I never broke a major bone as a kid. Toes and fingers, yes, and then my nose in my teens, but my significant breaks have been in adult life.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal