Page 483 of 879 FirstFirst ... 383433473481482483484485493533583 ... LastLast
Results 4,821 to 4,830 of 8788

Thread: Funny CW moments page 483

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Easy Healthy Recipe Substitutions
    Because replacing sugar with fat is brilliant!
    Oh man, the comments section is like some beautiful, enchanted otherworld, though. Never in my life would I have expected so many wonderful, and CORRECT comments on a mainstream website. It almost brings a tear to my eye. <3 Is this a vision of the future?

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Haha I didn't even look at them, for fear of more awful tips! Nice, someone even linked to Balanced Bites and WAPF.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

orielwen is offline Senior Member

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by orielwen View Post

hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha!
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I must print out this XKCD. I love all their stuff, but this one just hits home.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I must print out this XKCD. I love all their stuff, but this one just hits home.
    It's really the mouseover text that nails it for me, though.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Yep. Almost makes me wonder if he's gone primal or paleo.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Yep. Almost makes me wonder if he's gone primal or paleo.
    His wife has been dealing with breast cancer, so its possible hes stumbled across some nutrition stuff that leads him this-a-way. But I can also testify that there are a lot of hardcore nerds (here in Silicon Valley at least) who wear vibrams because they simply like being weird and different but are in no other way paleo/primal (for example, they eat crap and stay up all night coding, and think that the fact that theyre skinny means theyre healthy), so its possible hes been exposed to them through this crowd.
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Yeah, but I was referring to the mouse over comment. Prob wishful thinking on my end.
    My CW moment today is more of a helicopter parent moment. I was at a playground with my niece a few nights ago, watching her while I swung on a swing. A little kid started climbing onto the swing next to me. I stopped swinging and turned to help him out and offer him a push (his legs didn't quite reach the ground.) His mom (I'm assuming) came sprinting across the playground and scooped him out of the swing. "Why were you on the swing? I've told you, you could fall out of the swing and crack your skull or someone could take you." (Mind you, this is a semi modern one with the soft rubber padding for ground, not gravel.)
    She turned to me, probably to chew me out, and I smiled and said "I fell out of several swings myself growing up. Worst that happened is I gave myself a bruise."
    "Yes, but little Juvie is special and shouldn't get bruises or cuts."
    "Oh, he has a clotting disorder. I'm sorry. I had no idea. I'll watch out for him then."
    "No, he doesn't. He's a little kid, Little kids shouldn't get bruises or cuts ever."
    My Primal Battle Tome

Fabbecky is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by orielwen View Post
    I mistakenly thought this was a troll post - OMG so funny, so very very funny...
    Quote Originally Posted by L8F View Post
    ... I drank the fermented koolaid, and am totally on board...

I'm alergic to carbs - they make me break out in fat!