Page 480 of 900 FirstFirst ... 380430470478479480481482490530580 ... LastLast
Results 4,791 to 4,800 of 8993

Thread: Funny CW moments page 480

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    You'd think a group of 16yo girls would have seen a little dude (4yo) pee on a tree and be over it. Imagine the horror at my daughter's pool party yesturday when her little brother announced he had to go potty and ran to a tree. I stopped him and sent him inside only to find out that he'd already done the deed once. I reminded them how lucky they were that he was one of the kids who actually got out of the pool to pee...

Quote Originally Posted by OutdoorAmy View Post
    The Finger Lakes always remind me of this:
    Hulu - Saturday Night Live: Cold Opening: Lawrence Welk
    Thanks for the video. I needed a laugh to start the day. I love John Hamm.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    You'd think a group of 16yo girls would have seen a little dude (4yo) pee on a tree and be over it. Imagine the horror at my daughter's pool party yesturday when her little brother announced he had to go potty and ran to a tree. I stopped him and sent him inside only to find out that he'd already done the deed once. I reminded them how lucky they were that he was one of the kids who actually got out of the pool to pee...
    My oldest would go behind a tree....then turn around and pee facing everyone. Win some you lose some.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    My little dude hasn't quite mastered the whole pants up while peeing thing and will drop trau and give everyone a bum shot. At least it's a cute one

Jaradel is offline Senior Member
    I posted this thread last night - I would have posted it here but it didn't really sound like "conventional wisdom" to me... more like "crackpot theory": Dieting advice FAIL

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

MamaAdams is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billp View Post
    She's 19. That's a grown woman in my book. I've never found it very easy to impose my will on children of any age. You can make things available, but there is only so much you can do. Maybe she is unusually susceptible to wheat diets and insulin insensitivity? Like it says in Tom Naughton's Fat Head, you are as fat as you need to be. The fact she put on so much weight so quickly after dieting suggests this is a metabolic issue. If she ate like this it would fall off her in two years flat most probably.

She is an grown women who got where she is because her mother got her into comfort eating at the age of 5. I have to disagree with you, children should not be able to make their own choices about many things, diet being a big one. It is the parents responsibility to look after their children and make sure that they are healthy and happy, not stuffing their faces with junk. Parents need to take more responsibility and yes more controll over their children. just my opinion though

chumbert is offline Member
    June 1st - National Donut Day! Oy Vey...

National Donut Day | A site celebrating National Donut Day

LoriBeth is offline Junior Member
    Sad CW moment for me that slapped me in the face and woke me up:

I was having some stomach issues that actually took a long time to diagnose-Gastroparesis-bummer!
    My gastroenterologist tells me, "Don't eat raw vegetables, limit fiber, eat ALOT of "white" foods, pasta, potatoes, white bread, limit meats, etc., oh, and I do want you to lose some weight." I followed his directions, I mean he is an expert afterall. One month later I paid a visit to my general practitioner for a follow-up. She said after she saw my weight, "An 8 pound gain? Really? Is this correct?" That's what did it for me. I knew I had to do research for myself or they were going to kill me! Funny, too, I can eat raw veggies, fruits and meat with no problems thus far! It's been a year and I've lost 40 lbs and I feel great! I haven't been back to the doctor, so they have no idea.

Bioletti is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LoriBeth View Post
    Sad CW moment for me that slapped me in the face and woke me up:

I was having some stomach issues that actually took a long time to diagnose-Gastroparesis-bummer!
    My gastroenterologist tells me, "Don't eat raw vegetables, limit fiber, eat ALOT of "white" foods, pasta, potatoes, white bread, limit meats, etc., oh, and I do want you to lose some weight." I followed his directions, I mean he is an expert afterall. One month later I paid a visit to my general practitioner for a follow-up. She said after she saw my weight, "An 8 pound gain? Really? Is this correct?" That's what did it for me. I knew I had to do research for myself or they were going to kill me! Funny, too, I can eat raw veggies, fruits and meat with no problems thus far! It's been a year and I've lost 40 lbs and I feel great! I haven't been back to the doctor, so they have no idea.
    Great story!! Had a similar experience. Doctor told me to eat lots of heart healthy grains, limit meat and fat, eat lots of oatmeal, etc...you know the old CW mantra. After doing this for three months, I got severely bloated, gained 10 pounds, became lethargic and to my embarrassment, got a set of Man-boobs. When I went back in, he said, 'What's going on? Did you follow my advice, did you hit the gym 20 hours a week?' Mind you, this guy was overweight and wheezed when he talked to me. Like yourself, I did the research and pulled myself back to semi-normal health starting with Sean Croxton on Undergroundwellness.com and that led to Mark's website.

That experience confirmed my suspicion that MD's are trained to do just two things: cut people open and prescribe pills. Oh, and diagnose and treat problems you don't have. Period. Congrats on your new journey.
    "After all we did for Britain, selling all that corduroy and making it swing, and all we got was a bit of tin on a piece of leather, an MBE." --George Harrison

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I opened my email and saw that America's Test Kitchen wanted me to test a recipe for twice-baked sweet potatoes with bacon and at first I was all like WHOO! then I saw it had sandwich bread in it and I was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...fine, I'll just use ground pecans or something. :P