Page 478 of 841 FirstFirst ... 378428468476477478479480488528578 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,780 of 8406

Thread: Funny CW moments page 478

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yeah, but caffeine works differently with ADD.

My kid learned early on as a teenager to self medicate with Mountain Dew. Actually calmed him down and helped him focus. Not saying the chemicals and the sugar and crap are good, they're a liquid train wreck, but the caffeine certainly helps a lot of kids. That's why I was thrilled to see him start drinking coffee.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    My parents DID give me soda to wash my ritalin down. And those horrible little orange and purple plastic mexican barrels with foil tops and sugar water that burned my throat. Sort of like these:
    What is that little character on the lid? It almost looks like a tooth, but there's no way they would try to make that a "healthy tooth" kind of food. Not even Big Ag is THAT ballsy!

Oh, and food coloring was a huge issue for my kids. Feed them Cocoa Krispies (back when I was a moron) and they were fine. Fruity Pebbles had them climbing on the celing.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Owly is offline Senior Member
    That's also the same reason a lot of people with ADD end up using nicotine or even stimulant drugs to self medicate. Many ADD drugs are stimulants, which is why some students abuse them around exam time.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    My parents DID give me soda to wash my ritalin down. And those horrible little orange and purple plastic mexican barrels with foil tops and sugar water that burned my throat. Sort of like these:
    What's with the throat burn? I remember that shit too and I also didn't like these "treats" very much, but my Mom put them in my lunch because they were easy!

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    My sister suggesting my dad (who's now diabetic, no longer pre) to eat a processed sausage, instead of a ny steak/eggs, also eating gluten-littered sandwiches/pasta.
    If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pjlejialaja View Post
    So today I got told by a friend that does medicine that PB will put me in a coma. MAN I look forward to that day.
    No doubt due to excessive party rocking.

In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

OutdoorAmy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lssanjose View Post
    My sister suggesting my dad (who's now diabetic, no longer pre) to eat a processed sausage, instead of a ny steak/eggs, also eating gluten-littered sandwiches/pasta.
    Ha ha, pretty much anything my sister says would qualify . . . she's a vegetarian and part-time vegan . . .

Quote Originally Posted by killme View Post
    So today I got told by a friend that does medicine that PB will put me in a coma. MAN I look forward to that day.
    Why a coma?

I need to stop watching Dr. Oz, because he's so high on soy . . . too many eye rolls . . . though that is where I found out about Raspberry Ketone.
    Healthy Bucket List:
    • Summit all of Colorado's 14-ers
    • Hike the Appalachian Trail
    • Do a real pull-up
    • Run a 5k
    • Be "Hot For Training Camp"

Check out my journey at Outdoor Amy's Blog.

Gilleh is offline Senior Member
    My parents DID give me soda to wash my ritalin down. And those horrible little orange and purple plastic mexican barrels with foil tops and sugar water that burned my throat.
    You turned out OK in the end, didn't you? :-)

But I do wonder how many of us blame our parents for feeding us junk and sorry excuses for real food.
    Guess it takes guts to say no to your society and doctors.
    Our parents did not have MDA..
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Hey, I loved those things in every flavor except red and purple (don't try to tell me they were cherry and grape, either, they weren't.) My sibling was the one on the ADHD meds, and no matter how much they kept her away from sugar, it didn't do a damn bit of difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilleh View Post
    You turned out OK in the end, didn't you? :-)

But I do wonder how many of us blame our parents for feeding us junk and sorry excuses for real food.
    Guess it takes guts to say no to your society and doctors.
    Our parents did not have MDA..
    We were considered well fed by CW standards: plenty of grains, veggies, lean meat, and dairy. Sugary things, chips, cake and such were considered to be rarity events, only for birthdays or holidays. We loved sweet things, but we all developed our own preferred stand in to junk food we weren't allowed to eat. I saw kids eating lunch from home of lunchables, chips, and soda, and then looking at my leftovers, juice/ water, and fruit and wondering how the hell they could eat that crap, but secretly wanting it anyways.
    My parents did all they could to keep us healthy in the way they knew how. Any food related bad habits I have I developed after I left home.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I picked up some strawberries at the market and commented to the woman selling them that they would be so good with some of the heavy cream I had bought. The woman commented that I should not eat fatty foods like that. Her table had strawberries, but also sugary preserves, candies and some baked goods. She was of course, overweight by a lot. I made the comment about how I had lost about 30 lbs eating high fat and really cutting back on sugar and eliminating wheat. She just looked at me dumbly.

Then I walked over to get my pork from the slender, healthy looking woman who routinely tells me all about her family clearing up yet another large portion of fatty meat....