Page 477 of 883 FirstFirst ... 377427467475476477478479487527577 ... LastLast
Results 4,761 to 4,770 of 8822

Thread: Funny CW moments page 477

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Went out to SoCal this week and was shocked by the huge number of donut shops. I grew up there, so I know it wasn't always this way. Seriously, it seemed like there was one on every corner! The other thing I noticed was the equally large number of dentists. Coincidence?

We went to one of our favorite restaurants, and it was just an odd mix of CW healthy, actual healthy and outright terrible. The food, view and staff were really great, which is why we go there every time we're in town (plus, it's tradition), but I DO NOT WANT LOW FAT CHEESE!!! And I think yolks are a wonderful thing! So while I'm being assaulted by egg white omelettes covered in low fat cheddar, another item on the menu is cinnamon roll french toast that comes in at a whopping 187 grams of carbs and 1390 calories.

So... I can't have the fat in the cheese, but I can eat half a cup of straight sugar and that's okay.

sigh
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

dancermom09 is offline Member
    I just spent a night in the hospital for surgery recovery. I indicated that I needed "gluten free, sugar free" food. Figure asking for Primal wouldn't get me anywhere.

The first day I got lunch: a skinless grilled chicken breast, wild rice, niblet corn, small salad with fat free dressing, some kind of sweet tea. I ate the chicken, salad, and a few bites of corn because I was ravenous.

Dinner: skinless grilled chicken breas, wild rice, green beans (yay!), small salad with FF dressing, and a cup of sherbet with HFCS. I thought about waiting a couple of hours until my husband came back and could bring me a burger, but again, I was starving. I asked the nurse if I could have some healthy fats, maybe real salad dressing, or some butter? She said yes to butter, and brought me back a little container of Promise spread. I gave it back to her.

Breakfast: scrambled eggs! So excited. They were yellowish, so maybe even real. And DH showed up with a mug of real coffee with real cream. And then I got to go home. Luckily before I starved to death at the hospital.

Bioletti is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    Even when I was a kid in the 80s, it was pretty rare. If you got in trouble at school, guaranteed you were going to be in trouble at home, and no way were your folks bailing you out. Also, it was still normal in my neighbourhood to be kicked out of the house and spend the whole day running wild. I used to be covered in scrapes and bruises, and it was awesome.
    That's funny,Owly! It WAS awesome, or as Ray Liotta said in Goodfellas "It was a glorious time". But most of us didn't get it then.

I remember coming home past my curfew with a bad report card from elementary school, tears in my eyes. I hadn't even received my dad's whoopin yet and I was already in tears(yeah, that was way before the PC movement). Got my ass kicked more times at school than I care to remember, drank, smoked weed, went joyriding, and all the usual teenage troublemaking. And I came out of it strong and sane.

One thing I vividly remember about my old man and his pals is that they ate PRIMALY for the most part. Lotsa grilled meat, greens & tropical fruit, pheasant, suckling pig, entrails, etc... and a few primal sins: tortillas, tequila, Coronas. Therefore, sticking to the PB is relatively easy for me since carbs and grains were always the exception to the rule. And as an aside, I rarely remember seeing outrageously FAT people on our block or just in general.
    "After all we did for Britain, selling all that corduroy and making it swing, and all we got was a bit of tin on a piece of leather, an MBE." --George Harrison

KimT is offline Senior Member
    Rita Rose, I completely get it! I just moved to SoCal and it's so true that there are donut shops and dentists everywhere! My husband and I have actuall talked about it. I'm glad we're not the only ones that see this!

Where do you like to eat? We're still exploring the area.

Quote Originally Posted by KimT View Post
    Rita Rose, I completely get it! I just moved to SoCal and it's so true that there are donut shops and dentists everywhere! My husband and I have actuall talked about it. I'm glad we're not the only ones that see this!

Where do you like to eat? We're still exploring the area.
    I don't live there, we were just visiting for a photo shoot The Boyfriend had to do in Orange County. And none of the places I loved are there anymore since it's been so long (I moved from OC in 1989). It was actually pretty tough finding stuff I could eat, so I kind of shrugged and just ate semi reasonably. If youn find good places out there, let me now!

More movie watching and more love for the old stuff! I'm in the beginning of The Seven Year Itch (1955) with Tom Ewell and Marilyn Monroe. It's the one famous for the subway grate draft scene.

Anyway, Tom Ewell's character is left all alone while his wife and kid go away for the summer (he has to work) and he begrudgingly pops open a doctor reccommended bottle of soda. He takes a swig and then reads the label:

"Hmm. Contains carbonated water, citric acid, corn syrup, artificial raspberry flavoring, pure vegetable colors and preservatives. I'd like Dr. Sommers to explain to me why this stuff should be better for you than a little scotch, plain water and a twist of lemon. I'd really like to know."

Gilleh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bioletti View Post
    I remember coming home past my curfew with a bad report card from elementary school, tears in my eyes. I hadn't even received my dad's whoopin yet and I was already in tears(yeah, that was way before the PC movement). Got my ass kicked more times at school than I care to remember, drank, smoked weed, went joyriding, and all the usual teenage troublemaking. And I came out of it strong and sane.
    Nowdays your parents would've stuff you with ritalin to "calm you down".
    Probably pour some coca-cola to wash the pill down..
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

OutdoorAmy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    I believe you. I'd probably cater more towards adults just so I don't have to deal with the parents

(Really, this is all very, very hypothetical. I'm not enough of a people person to want to be in charge of something like this )

I love this camp idea. If nothing else it would be a good place for Grok parents to send their groklings for the summer knowin that they aren't going to get the normal camp canteen fare of bright orange cheese covered nachos and silly straws. Plus all the natural movement exercise - rowing, swimming, hiking, fort building all that fun camp stuff! Then it might catch on with others and the kids might recruit their friends to come along with.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Last edited by Knifegill; 05-28-2012 at 09:21 AM.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    My parents DID give me soda to wash my ritalin down. And those horrible little orange and purple plastic mexican barrels with foil tops and sugar water that burned my throat. Sort of like these:

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html