Page 470 of 901 FirstFirst ... 370420460468469470471472480520570 ... LastLast
Results 4,691 to 4,700 of 9007

Thread: Funny CW moments page 470

Bioletti is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jes1014 View Post
    When I had surgery two weeks ago (undoing the bariatric surgery I ignorantly had a few years ago), they feed me nothing but liquid sugar and salt for almost the whole time I was there. I had to beg for a cup of 2% milk (and they wound up bringing me skim) and they got upset because I kept refusing to drink the juice that was clearly marked HFCS
    Congrats on the lap band removal JES. Yep, I think the only thing that didn't have HFCS on my friend's plate was the lettuce. And all these NEW surgeries and designer drugs out on the market today?I think Steppenwolf had a song about it in the 60s called "The Pusher".
    "After all we did for Britain, selling all that corduroy and making it swing, and all we got was a bit of tin on a piece of leather, an MBE." --George Harrison

Linny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post

Again - I don't want to swim laps in baggy knee length shorts. I have no problem with myself or others wearing "normal" bathing suits of any variant. (Do you see me in a burqa up in that avatar?) And I'm mostly talking about playing in and out of the water at the beach and pool, without taking coverups on and off repeatedly.
    I'm a few days behind and only this far in the thread. MamaGrok you might want to try searching for 'sunsuits' they are long sleeved (or to the elbow) and usually down to the top of the knees.

I'm thinking the one at the bottom of the page here is what you're after

EcoStinger® Sun Protection Clothing, UV Swimwear, Swimsuit Coverup, Dive Skins, Stinger Suits-Women UV Swimwear

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Linny View Post
    I'm a few days behind and only this far in the thread. MamaGrok you might want to try searching for 'sunsuits' they are long sleeved (or to the elbow) and usually down to the top of the knees.

I'm thinking the one at the bottom of the page here is what you're after

EcoStinger® Sun Protection Clothing, UV Swimwear, Swimsuit Coverup, Dive Skins, Stinger Suits-Women UV Swimwear
    Oh cool, this one comes with an S&M mask.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Jaradel is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lotusberries View Post
    The "eat lots of fibre because it keeps you full!" always pissed me off because it has never actually worked. Fibre makes me feel sick and bloated, but keep me full it does not!
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    Argh! My partner had hypoglycemia problems his whole life, and going primal fixed it because he's stopped trying to deal with crashes by eating sugar--eating enough fat has been like magic for him.

I don't understand how CW people don't grasp that a constant rollercoaster is probably not the ideal way to live.
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    But plenty of fat and protein in the morning is better than all that. It makes the behavioral stuff work, and/or unnecessary, because the cravings GO AWAY.

Lovin' life without thinking about food all day anymore.
    Yes, yes, and yes. Really - it just shouldn't be that hard to get through the day without obsessing about food. I used to think I was broken, that there was something seriously wrong with my physiology, because I couldn't stop overeating on a LFHC eating plan. I mean, everyone (read: CW) says that's the way to eat for health and weight loss, right? So why is my stomach growling a mere half-hour after I eat a fibre-rich cereal with low-fat milk? It seems to me that food obsessions are caused by SAD/CW eating, because the body is deprived of what it really needs.

I tracked my food for the first few months of Primal eating, but now I find that I don't have to, and I'm still losing weight and feeling good. Obviously I have days where I eat more or less than average, and sometimes I'll make a modest adjustment (e.g. dialing back on foods like potatoes and cheese if I notice a stall), but I don't feel the need to obsessively weigh and measure my food. It's very freeing - and also makes it easier to eat out too!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    New ad for Great Grains - "Nutrition I can see"
    Face Palm
    I'll see your *facepalm* and raise you a *headdesk*.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    New ad for Great Grains - "Nutrition I can see"
    Yeah. On my gut.

lotusberries is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaradel View Post
    Yes, yes, and yes. Really - it just shouldn't be that hard to get through the day without obsessing about food. I used to think I was broken, that there was something seriously wrong with my physiology, because I couldn't stop overeating on a LFHC eating plan. I mean, everyone (read: CW) says that's the way to eat for health and weight loss, right? So why is my stomach growling a mere half-hour after I eat a fibre-rich cereal with low-fat milk? It seems to me that food obsessions are caused by SAD/CW eating, because the body is deprived of what it really needs.
    I used to eat oatmeal every morning with my sister. Then 45 minutes later we would both be seriously hungry so I'd make us some whole grain toast. Then about 2 hours later we'd have lunch. We thought about food and ate food all day because we were constantly hungry. We actually laughed about it the other day because now I only eat once or twice a day and have no problems with constant hunger. Some days I get up and go about my day and forget to eat. CW eating absolutely caused food obsession for me.

billp is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    There's a lot of good evidence that mindfulness and techniques such as tracking are very effective tools for people who are trying to overcome cravings and emotional eating issues.
    What is interesting is that that is also the case for anorexics. Tracking food and mindfulness causes people not to eat enough. Knowing everything about what you eat, tracking it and savouring every bite is a symptom of anorexia nervosa

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I used to eat oatmeal every morning with my sister.
    You know- I am so glad that oatmeal never filled you up. I'd eat that stuff and be hungry in an hour. No matter how much I ate. Everyone was all "hearty oatmeal keeps you full all day". I thought I was a freak of nature that found oatmeal as filling as a doughnut.

I LOVE EGGS. I love every morning eating 3 eggs and it is healthy for me! 3 eggs, bacon and some fruit and veggies and I don't eat for 12-14 hours.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Oatmeal is filling when you have it with cream

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by billp View Post
    What is interesting is that that is also the case for anorexics. Tracking food and mindfulness causes people not to eat enough. Knowing everything about what you eat, tracking it and savouring every bite is a symptom of anorexia nervosa
    There are healthy and disordered forms of a lot of behaviours. I had exercise bulimia in my teens, but that does not make thoughtful, planned exercise a disorder. Also see orthorexia as compared to health-conscious eating.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal