Page 47 of 877 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147547 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny CW moments page 47

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by jspradley View Post
    I have never seen sushi with mayonaise in it...
    I have, in Japan. They love their mayo over there. Maybe more than North Americans do.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Ever notice that any sentence sounds more plausible if you add "in Japan" at the end of it?

"There are teapots that will call you on the phone if your aging parent dies... in Japan!"
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Saoirse is online now Senior Member

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    I've seen mayonnaise in California rolls sometimes. Usually I see lump crab (or Krab) but occasionally they use a crab salad instead. Usually it's cheaper places that do this.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    A friend of my husband came back from er foreign exchange trip to Japan. "If you didn't tell them otherwise, you'd get the mayo grid on EVERYTHING." The "mayo grid" was them coating it in mayo one direction , then turning 90* and coating it in mayo going that direction.
    Geek and I were thoroughly disgusted by this.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

kmacphee is offline Senior Member
    This one isn't belly breaking funny but more strange than anything. This morning I was at the grocery store and there was a lecture about how to go gluten free from the resident dietitian and so I thought I would sneak around the corner to check it out. As I rounded the corner I saw about 10 people engaged in a lecture from a women who was quite overweight...then I went to the women's health fair at the local recreation center and walked the kiosks to see many great presentations about diabetes, lifestyle, fitness, chiropractic and so on. Once again, all of the kiosks except one were represented by overweight women who present themselves as experts in the health field. I know everyone is on their own journey, but is it just me who sees this and wonders what is wrong with out culture?

LessofMimi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kmacphee View Post
    This one isn't belly breaking funny but more strange than anything. This morning I was at the grocery store and there was a lecture about how to go gluten free from the resident dietitian and so I thought I would sneak around the corner to check it out. As I rounded the corner I saw about 10 people engaged in a lecture from a women who was quite overweight...then I went to the women's health fair at the local recreation center and walked the kiosks to see many great presentations about diabetes, lifestyle, fitness, chiropractic and so on. Once again, all of the kiosks except one were represented by overweight women who present themselves as experts in the health field. I know everyone is on their own journey, but is it just me who sees this and wonders what is wrong with out culture?
    I'm still fat, so I have to introduce myself as "Hi, my name is Melissa and I've lost 90 pounds and reversed my T2 Diabetes with Primal Blueprint" or else I just get that look that says 'who are you to tell me about health, you fatty'. I can't wait until I get the rest of the weight off. Cuz then I want to be out there on the front lines.
    Melissa Fritcher - 330/252/150
    http://lessofmimi.wordpress.com
    Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.

spakesneaker is offline Senior Member
    That's how I feel about all the always-thin people who gave me diet advice like, 'Don't eat so much meat' or 'only drink low-fat milk' or 'run on a treadmill for 4 hours a day' or 'Just use less olive oil on your salad.' Those overweight women probably are giving CW advice, but if I had listened to people just on the basis of what they looked like, I would be in even worse health now. I might have gotten skinnier, but at the price of actually fixing my health problems.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Hahaha, the mayo grid. I remember that, especially on okonomiyaki.

At the dollar-sushi chains, you can get a little hamburger patty with a dollop of mayo on top of sushi rice, or sweet corn mixed with mayo. Dangerous stuff.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Metismomma is offline Senior Member
    A guy came into the store looking for glucose (liquid form) because his trainer told him he needed to raise his insulin levels to gain muscle. Apparently glucose is the best way to do this.
    I sent him to the leangains website...
    Calm the f**k down.