Page 469 of 900 FirstFirst ... 369419459467468469470471479519569 ... LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,690 of 8997

Thread: Funny CW moments page 469

lotusberries is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmbear View Post
    It amazes me to see such misinformation. sure they think they are doing the right thing and if we PB types speak up well we are clearly a bunch of nutters. Fat cant be good for you. I wanna deluge people with information and hold their faces in it till they see the truth.

sigh...... I wonder if we can sue them as a class action for will fully spreading inaccurate health information.
    The "eat lots of fibre because it keeps you full!" always pissed me off because it has never actually worked. Fibre makes me feel sick and bloated, but keep me full it does not! Read through the comments as well and someone suggested boiling your eggs so you can eat the whites, and feed the yolks to your dogs or cats. But I'm not surprised! This was pretty typical health advice from The Huffington Post.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilary View Post
    Lifecoach: Low blood sugar level symptoms - Telegraph
    Someone writes to the expert:

Chorus from MDA forum: Wow, even after bran flakes for breakfast? Imagine that!

The 'expert':

Suggestion to Mark: run adverts for new, extra-strong desks.
    Argh! My partner had hypoglycemia problems his whole life, and going primal fixed it because he's stopped trying to deal with crashes by eating sugar--eating enough fat has been like magic for him.

I don't understand how CW people don't grasp that a constant rollercoaster is probably not the ideal way to live.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Tip of the day, manage food cravings with "emotional awareness":
    The New Way To Beat Food Cravings

No eat butter and stock safe foods.

Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    Tip of the day, manage food cravings with "emotional awareness":
    The New Way To Beat Food Cravings

No eat butter and stock safe foods.
    Actually, for the HuffPo, that article is pretty good. There's a lot of research into the relationship between the brain and eating, and no, it's not as simple as just eating butter and having only safe foods in the house or people who started on primal would never post about their food cravings. There's a lot of good evidence that mindfulness and techniques such as tracking are very effective tools for people who are trying to overcome cravings and emotional eating issues.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    But plenty of fat and protein in the morning is better than all that. It makes the behavioral stuff work, and/or unnecessary, because the cravings GO AWAY.

Lovin' life without thinking about food all day anymore.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Bioletti is offline Member
    I visited a friend in the hospital about a week ago. He was in the ICU after a quadruple bypass surgery. For lunch the nurse brought him the following: A large roll with a tiny piece of ham & Kraft cheese, a box of apple juice, a few iceberg lettuce leaves with tons of LITE ranch dressing, a tiny danish and some candied trail mix that I couldn't ID. The mantra I kept hearing from his "team" was that 'we gotta get you on the right track and obliterate that FAT that got you here'. I noticed other people bringing McD shakes, Snicker bars and other such items to their loved ones in the other cubicles. That's hospital 'care' for you.

Kinda sounds like someone saying "I dumped the Marlboros, now I'm on Menthol Lights".
    "After all we did for Britain, selling all that corduroy and making it swing, and all we got was a bit of tin on a piece of leather, an MBE." --George Harrison

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lotusberries View Post
    The "eat lots of fibre because it keeps you full!" always pissed me off because it has never actually worked.
    Truth. I remember buying Fiber One bars and keeping them stashed in my glove compartment. Never really worked. Not sure why it took me so long to figure it out, except that I just thought I was "broken" and the best I could do was temporarily fix it with a granola band-aid.

jes1014 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bioletti View Post
    That's hospital 'care' for you.
    When I had surgery two weeks ago (undoing the bariatric surgery I ignorantly had a few years ago), they feed me nothing but liquid sugar and salt for almost the whole time I was there. I had to beg for a cup of 2% milk (and they wound up bringing me skim) and they got upset because I kept refusing to drink the juice that was clearly marked HFCS
    Thread-killer extraordinaire
    My journal
    Primal since 3/10/12 - removed lap band 5/11/12
    207/186/160

Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    But plenty of fat and protein in the morning is better than all that. It makes the behavioral stuff work, and/or unnecessary, because the cravings GO AWAY.

Lovin' life without thinking about food all day anymore.
    Except that for some people, that doesn't seem to work. Satiety is great, but if a person has issues with emotional eating, that doesn't necessarily solve the whole problem.

Owly's Journal

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    New ad for Great Grains - "Nutrition I can see"
    Face Palm
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!