Page 467 of 840 FirstFirst ... 367417457465466467468469477517567 ... LastLast
Results 4,661 to 4,670 of 8392

Thread: Funny CW moments page 467

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Like once when I was really sick I didn't shave for a long time... and I could feel my leg hair in the breeze. And I was all, NOOOOoooooooooooooo! It felt too weird, and I didn't like it.
    Huh, really? I LOVE that feeling. It's like the wind playing a symphony on a thousand tiny violin strings.

Or something like that. Whatever.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    Huh, really? I LOVE that feeling. It's like the wind playing a symphony on a thousand tiny violin strings.

Or something like that. Whatever.
    Just one of those silly things.

My brother has really hairy legs... REALLY hairy for a blond fellow too boot...
    When we were young he would complain a lot about his leg hair being sore from wearing tall socks.
    I guess it pulled the hairs backwards?
    Heh... I'd have never thought of that one on my own, for sure!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Just one of those silly things.

My brother has really hairy legs... REALLY hairy for a blond fellow too boot...
    When we were young he would complain a lot about his leg hair being sore from wearing tall socks.
    I guess it pulled the hairs backwards?
    Heh... I'd have never thought of that one on my own, for sure!
    Oh yeah, I don't like wearing socks because the hairs on the tops of my feet worm their way through the fabric and then any movement of the sock pulls on them. It's itchy and painful. It's especially bad if I wear socks to bed. I end up with red blotchy irritation on the tops of my feet from all the hair-pulling.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    If you (or others) choose to be cowed by societal pressure then you are a part of the problem.
    Like I said, I wear what I want and encourage others to do so, and my beef is only that most people don't feel that freedom. I think everyone should feel the freedom to choose what to wear while playing in the water without others judging them. If I've helped to spark any one person's thought about not looking down on people who choose to play in a little more clothing than others, yay.
    Oh, and speaking of CW nonsense and body image, try being an uncircumsized male in America.
    Doing my part to fix that. The % is going up faster than ever, thank goodness.

To quote her, "I think my hormones are messed up, but if they fix them will I start acting like a chick?" by which she means non-logical, overly emotional, etc.
    This is a fascinating subject I've pondered a lot. My whole life I acted more like and felt more at home with guys, even though I'm way way attracted to men and men alone. Got my hormones checked and while I'm not high T, I was low in estrogen ... very low. It's interesting to ponder.

What I've found as my hormones have gotten in order, and also as I've gotten to know more women who are feminine without the stereotypical downsides of being a woman (moodiness, shallowness, gossipy, obsessed with shopping & appearance, etc.), I see a lot of changes, both chosen and not chosen.

I have NOT become irrational or overly emotional - I think the former is a consequence of a combination of poor education, poor nutrition, and certain expectations, while the latter is a consequence of excessive "female" hormones, ratios, and/or fluctuations.

The only times I find myself getting overly emotional is during detox, like when I'm losing a lot of fat and flushing stored estrogen as it goes. (Yes, I was feeling like that last night, and woke up to a new low on the scale!.) Good riddance!
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    after acceptance, it's eh. i've always wanted to BE more feminine, but i'm not great at wearing spanx and high heels and rings.
    I don't think those things have one thing to do with femininity. Look at all cultures across the world and across history, and what is common to them, to see what femininity is. It's not wearing certain things or being shallow or catty.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    haha i just wanted to be a pretty flowery feminine lady female when i grew up

it didn't happen that way, my hormones and personality dictate otherwise
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    Like I said, I wear what I want and encourage others to do so, and my beef is only that most people don't feel that freedom. I think everyone should feel the freedom to choose what to wear while playing in the water without others judging them. If I've helped to spark any one person's thought about not looking down on people who choose to play in a little more clothing than others, yay.
    Understood and hopefully we can all get over ourselves and take people for what they are not what we think they should be (for whatever reason) [/QUOTE]

Doing my part to fix that. The % is going up faster than ever, thank goodness.
    woot woot.

This is a fascinating subject I've pondered a lot. My whole life I acted more like and felt more at home with guys, even though I'm way way attracted to men and men alone. Got my hormones checked and while I'm not high T, I was low in estrogen ... very low. It's interesting to ponder....snipped.
    I'll pass this and other posts along to the wife. It might help set her mind at ease.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    What I've found as my hormones have gotten in order, and also as I've gotten to know more women who are feminine without the stereotypical downsides of being a woman (moodiness, shallowness, gossipy, obsessed with shopping & appearance, etc.), I see a lot of changes, both chosen and not chosen.
    I think you have to pull out shopping and appearance. I love doing my hair, make up, shopping- looking my best. I don't think that is a downside- for me (and a lot of women) its FUN. Just because I love finding a cute dress and heels and getting my blonde shade of hair just right doesn't mean I'm a slave to it... and doesn't mean I judge others who don't make that choice. I feel good about myself and that's one way I treat myself.

I totally respect people who prefer not to spend their time and money on hair and makeup! We are all different people.

I hate shallow gossips too.... but you know, some of the least appearance oriented women I know are some of the biggest unaccepting gossips. I went to grad school with a woman who was well... rough in appearance and she was so nasty about people who had kids, people who went to church, people who ate regular food (she was a vegan)..... she was worse than "Housewife of Beverly Hills".....

No, I didn't say "enjoy shopping and appearance," I said obsessed with it.

So I totally agree with you.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    haha i just wanted to be a pretty flowery feminine lady female when i grew up

it didn't happen that way, my hormones and personality dictate otherwise
    I tried to be girly... for a long time.
    I managed tom-boy pretty well... girly always felt like a costume.
    I grew up in a very small town where feminine and hetero were the basic and culturally enforced expectation for every person bearing a vagina.
    Pffffftttttttttt.

I stopped trying to be girly at all over the last 10 years...
    I am still a soft tom-boyish girl...
    Light makeup... always lip gloss (ADDICT) but not strong colors, and never lipstick.
    NO skirts, NO heels, and NO frilly feminine things or florals.
    I wear jeans/pants/slacks and t-shirts (button downs when necessary), occasionally a sweater but it's pretty gender neutral.
    And I've been known to shop in the mens dept.

We should all do our own thing.
    What makes us happy and comfortable.
    And respect that in others.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

In the Tragic CW Moments department, I just found out more on the father whose funeral I've been asked to sing at tomorrow. He was found dead on the treadmill.

I imagine that low-fat, high-whole-grain, chronic cardio, & statins were all a part of the regimen his doctor gave him in the year preceding this tragedy.

It's so heart-breaking.