Page 463 of 872 FirstFirst ... 363413453461462463464465473513563 ... LastLast
Results 4,621 to 4,630 of 8718

Thread: Funny CW moments page 463

Maureen M is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hee hee, people trying really hard and waiting a really long time to get parking spots near the door. To a gym.

CW FAIL

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    The cashier to a co-worker as she was waiting for me to sign the screen: "Is it almost lunch time? I'm starving."
    Then to me: "I don't know why. I had THREE pieces of toast for breakfast."
    I don't get into it with people, so I just gave a little non-committal shrug.
    Then to the lady who was beside me in line:"It is probably BECAUSE I ate breakfast."
    Said that lady:"Oh, no, I don't think so."
    What made this extra funny was that I have been fasting for the last four days.

billp is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    Well, I have dark, thick hair everywhere. Yes, everywhere. All the way up my thighs, on my ass, on my lower back, on my stomach, between my breasts, on my arms, on my face, on my fingers, on my toes. I also get visible stubble within an hour after shaving, and it literally takes me over an hour to shave my whole body, which is basically what is necessary if I wanted to shave some of it. Otherwise there would be a discernible I-stopped-shaving-here line.

I'm comfortable not doing it because it takes fucking forever, is more or less ineffective, I get massive amounts of painful ingrown hairs afterward, and I just don't give a fuck. It's just hair. It comes out of my body whether I want it to or not. I stopped fighting it 4 years ago and since then I have never felt better about myself. If anything, I have better luck finding partners now than I did then because I have so much more self-confidence. I don't have to worry if I missed a spot anymore, thus spoiling the illusion, and I don't have any more anxiety about "needing" to shave. It's just all there, all the time. Take it or leave it.

And yes, people do give me funny looks in public. I don't give a fuck.
    I totally approve of your attitude, but could there be a medical cause? I read somewhere about a woman with similar hirsuteness and it turned out to be a benign tumour in gland causing too much of one hormone to be made, and once they took out the tumour all the hair vanished. Drawback is if they found something, and whipped it out, you might not be you any more.

billp is offline Senior Member
    Modest ladies: you know it is possible to swim fully clothed, don't you? You don't actually have to wear swimming costumes at all. It's not advisable if you are swimming away from a sinking ship in rough seas, or trying to win a swimming race, but it is definitely possible, and if you are worried about sunburn it is foolproof. You see it in the Gulf all the time. As long as the weather is warm enough you dry off once you get out. I think there is some myth going around that anyone swimming clothed will get sucked under and not be able to swim, but it is totally untrue. Claim to have forgotten your swimming stuff; job done.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    My daughter just bought a pair of mens swim shorts - long to the knee ones - to wear w/ a bikini top to swim in. She also got the bikini bottoms but wears them under the shorts and I bet she puts a white tank on when she actually does swim in the outfit. In fact she is wearing the get up right now doing HW. The bikini is black w/ white stars and the shorts are a white flowers on black hawian print. They aren't meant to go together but the colors work well. She's 16 BTW and has the bod to die for.

Maybe you just need to break a few "Normal people's" rules and find an outfit you feel comfortable in. She did and it's actually really cute.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billp View Post
    I wonder if there isn't a special metabolic syndrome for men in their twenties who work out. They have a certain look that looks wrong somehow, and don't seem to have any hair on them at all whereas a real man is hair from his top lip to his toes. Something not quite right about how they look that I can't put my finger on.
    I'm a little grossed out by the universal hairlessness. I'm all for a little "manscaping" but this shaving and waxing trend has gone too far.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billp View Post
    I totally approve of your attitude, but could there be a medical cause? I read somewhere about a woman with similar hirsuteness and it turned out to be a benign tumour in gland causing too much of one hormone to be made, and once they took out the tumour all the hair vanished. Drawback is if they found something, and whipped it out, you might not be you any more.
    Well I don't know if it's a tumor, but I do have extremely screwed-up hormones. I've got PCOS, hypothyroidism, AND severe adrenal fatigue. I've been treating myself with iodine, 2 different adaptogens, and adrenal cortex. The adrenal fatigue is getting a little better, I think, and my goiter is gone, but I still have dry skin, my hair still falls out in handfuls, etc. As far as the excessive body hair is concerned, that's permanent. Even if my hormones went back to normal female levels, the growth would slow but it would still all be there, which is a-ok with me.

I would be interested to know if I do have some sort of growth on one of my glands, because it's a distinct possibility, but I have no idea how I'd convince a doctor to look. Usually all they want to do is blood tests, then maybe they'll throw some pills at you if your results are bad enough. If not, good fucking luck. And especially with PCOS, the medical perspective is generally "Lose some weight, fatty." Which is really frustrating to hear when your hormones are messed up. Maybe when I've lost 100lbs, if I still have problems, they'll actually listen to me for once. (Not holding my breath on that one though)

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Gilleh is offline Senior Member
    Gravyboat, I know you didn't ask for advice, but..
    Regarding your hormones, find a doctor to fix you. Holistic or CW way, up to you
    I bet it can't be easy living with all those syndromes

Regarding your looks, I find it hard to believe you simpyl don't care.
    You wrote that you did try to shave it off with bad results
    Everybody wants to look good, to get compliments... Not caring is a defense mechanism you developed to deal with the loosk
    It does not have to be that way
    Get a laser treatment
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilleh View Post
    Gravyboat, I know you didn't ask for advice, but..
    Regarding your hormones, find a doctor to fix you. Holistic or CW way, up to you
    I bet it can't be easy living with all those syndromes
    I can tell you right now that no CW doctor has ever tried to actually help me with my hormonal problems. And I have seen a lot of them over the years. It's always "You're fine. Lose weight and it'll resolve itself".

My state does not recognize naturopathic doctors and so insurance doesn't cover them here. I cannot afford to see one currently.

Regarding your looks, I find it hard to believe you simpyl don't care.
    You wrote that you did try to shave it off with bad results
    Everybody wants to look good, to get compliments... Not caring is a defense mechanism you developed to deal with the loosk
    It does not have to be that way
    Get a laser treatment
    Believe it. I actually like looking the way I do. If someone offered me free full-body laser tomorrow, I would say no.

It's true, I used to be horrified of appearing hairy because it was drilled into me for my whole life that I was disgusting. But you know what? I'm not disgusting. I'm human. And my body is beautiful and sexy and just fine the way it is, without constant anxious modification to some arbitrary, temporary norm.

When I say "I don't give a fuck", I don't mean that I don't give a fuck about what I look like. I mean I don't give a fuck what uptight strangers think about me, because I'm actually secure enough in myself that some random person's opinion on what my body should look like doesn't affect my self-esteem. That's not a defense mechanism. That's being emotionally healthy.

Also, I think I mentioned above already that I get plenty of compliments (although a lot of them are creepy, as compliments about my body from random male strangers tend to be). And I don't have any problem finding partners. Some are enthusiastically into my body hair. Some aren't sure if it's going to be a problem for them or not, but they invariably end up saying something like "I don't know why I thought this might be a big deal. It's just your body. You'd be pretty whether you shaved or not, but I think it would be super weird to see you without hair, lol."

Honestly, I don't appreciate the insinuation that I don't look good, and that I developed some sort of defense mechanism to "deal with it". I also don't appreciate the idea that, instead of accepting and enjoying the way I look, I should go spend a lot of money to change my body in order to feel better about myself. Thanks, but beyond all reason I actually like myself the way I am. And I know what it's like to feel like my body is gross and awful and like I have to fix myself to be ok. I will never, ever go back to that.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Sol y Sombra is offline Senior Member
    MamaGrok, I have always been very shy about my body and in the past I used to buy one-piece swimsuits and try to cover my body even further with t-shirts and shorts, I was very self-conscious and thought everyone was looking at me. But then I noticed everyone was just busy with their own stuff and virtually no one was looking too much my way And even if they did, there certainly were people who looked way worse than me, but they were not a bit embarrassed by their bodies. So I have gradually learned to just relax and try to enjoy my time at the beach and not worry too much what people might think about me. No one has ever laughed or pointed or commented, so I guess if anyone did, it would be a very rude sort of person and those are not worth bothering about

Bottomline, people are really not that interested in what others are doing or wearing at the beach, so just go ahead and wear whatever feels comfortable

As for the above "body hair" discussion: I live in a country where many women, especially those under 40-50 years old, remove most or all body hair, this is sort of what is expected and I would really get very weird looks if I refused to follow suit... I have not gotten to the point of shaving or waxing my arms, which a lot of women here do, but I do try to remove all other body hair. And I do find it boring and time-consuming, but I cannot imagine wearing a skirt with hairy legs underneath... As for pubic hair, I do think everyone should be able to do as they please, but this is not the reality here - women are almost expected to remove pubic hair too. I hate this way of thinking I think hair removal in the pubic area makes women look like little girls and Lolitas, but there you have it
    Last edited by Sol y Sombra; 05-23-2012 at 12:59 AM.