Page 462 of 839 FirstFirst ... 362412452460461462463464472512562 ... LastLast
Results 4,611 to 4,620 of 8389

Thread: Funny CW moments page 462

Jaradel is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    Had my weekly call to Mom last night. "We just read this article in (I forget- Newsweek?) that was saying all the things you've been saying! That what we need is meat, leafy greens, cheese, and eggs. That lower carb is better and fat is good. I have the list posted on the fridge now for when I'm cooking."

*smugness*
    But sad that your word wasn't good enough until it was confirmed by Newsweek.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Owly is offline Senior Member
    I can buy board shorts for women here--they're sold more for people who are into paddling sports and stuff like that where you're in and out of the water, but I've seen women in them at the local pool too. I own a pair and would hate to swim laps in them, though--I wear them at the beach or for canoeing.

T-shirts are generally banned in the pool here for men and women unless they're rashguards that are meant for swimming use. I've never seen a man in the pool in a t-shirt and normal shorts, and any of the more serious swimmers are in either the brief-style swimsuits or the snug swim trunks. Maybe men around here are less modest or something, but the board shorts tend to mostly be on the young guys who think they look cool. Even then, the ones in better shape seem to tend toward the European-style snug shorts.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Gilleh is offline Senior Member
    Something that really surprised me is the demonizing of broccoli in TV, movies and stuff
    Like the kids go "aeew" at it
    Broccoli f'ing rocks.
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaradel View Post
    But sad that your word wasn't good enough until it was confirmed by Newsweek.
    Meh, she's been off wheat for a while- which has gotten my cousin and sister off wheat as well. I just thought the "Wow, it's just what you were saying!" was funny. Uh huh. Told ya I wasn't making this up.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I read that article also. Not Newsweek, though. DH and I both got a chuckle out of it.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    Saw a man "walking" his down along the back lanes....dog was on the leash while he drove his car.
    Lol, well thats easy to laugh at at first glance, but I cant also help but think that maybe he is genuinely hurt or handicapped in some way but still wants to do the right thing for his dog, no matter how weird it looks. If that was the case then I have to give props to that.

As for the topic of shaving, I actually love it. Love love love. I love the ritual of lathering and smoothing and exfoliating, and how shiny and smooth everything is after. I shave all sorts of interesting patterns into my "place," as I call it euphamistically. I even go to lengths to pluck stray hairs, body and eyebrows. Yeah, it hurts, but it doesnt hurt as much as some other things I do for fun. *thoughtful pause*

...Anyway, this love of shaving runs counter to my early experience as a kid, as I matured rather fast in middle school but was way too much of a tomboy to be interested in doing anything remotely feminine. I didnt shave my legs, but a few other girls didnt either so I largely got off lightly, but then it came out that I didnt shave my armpits either, and then mocking became *relentless.* I finally relented around 8th grade, but it still upsets me to think how vicious and *angry* the other kids were that I wasnt doing the exact same things they were doing and expected of me. I understand it a little more intellectually now: its a base, animal instinct, coming from a drive to have a defined sense of Group. Obviously, a good chunk of our culture never becomes self aware of the reason behind such impulses and remains in such a stunted phase.

So, anyway, to this day, I specifically try not to be judgemental of other people's body hair life choices. Luckily, though, I live in San francisco, where you can literally dye your pubes bright pink, braid them, string beads on them, and walk around fully naked in public and not be arrested. Sure youll get some looks, but then thats why people do such a thing in the first place around here.
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

I'm thinking about your thoughtful pause, Corvidae...

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    I'm thinking about your thoughtful pause, Corvidae...
    glad I am not the only one.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    glad I am not the only one.
    I'm not, I'm at work. But I will later, when I get home.

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    lololol, "Ill be in my bunk" ? ;D
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!