Page 460 of 877 FirstFirst ... 360410450458459460461462470510560 ... LastLast
Results 4,591 to 4,600 of 8769

Thread: Funny CW moments page 460

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Unamused Mouse View Post
    You are my hero. I wish I could just stop shaving and not give a fuck. I just don't like the attention.
    Honestly, the people who stare just stare. They never actually say anything. And personally I find it funny when people look totally scandalized over it, but that doesn't happen very often because I stay away from whitebread yuppy areas. You wouldn't believe the amount of positive attention I get from it though. Although, most of it is creepy dudes going "Oh man, you have gorgeous legs..... *eyebrow waggle*" which I could do without.

Frankly, it feels like a bigger deal than it really ends up being. Just go for it. I'm buying short shorts this summer and I don't give a fuck.

I will say that sometimes it's a good idea to wear pants and look normal, though. Job interviews, meeting someone's parents, trying to get a good deal on a big-ticket purchase, etc. I also wear pants at the gym because I'm there to work out and kind of just want to do my thing as invisibly as possible. But aside from that I wear skirts all the time, so my legs are almost always fully visible. Nothing bad has ever happened. Even at the pool, I get more approving "Damn gurl, u got courage, rock on" looks than anything.

I recommend it.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    My partner just ran a marathon in his. I'll make sure to tell him that Dr. Oz says he's doing it wrong. Oh, I'd better not wear mine up any mountains anymore either! Thank goodness for Dr. Oz and his infinite footwear wisdom.
    How did he do in the marathon?
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    BUT SOY?????? Wtf is with the SOY? Even in my darkest hour of the little time I spent as a CW health pursuing person... I never got on board with soy. I mean... a little fermented soy on occasion, OK. Some fresh green edamame even, on occasion again. BUT this whole soy protein powder in everything kick... how and why? It tastes like a$$. Awful... I was being told how healthy it was and was all "Umm, no... I'm NOT eating that." I knew it tasted like poison. My friends all thought I was crazy for preferring actual meat! Of course, they probably still think I'm crazy.
    Eh.....accustomed taste buds? I think if I were to drink fresh soymilk or have some silken tofu with shoyu, I'd still like the taste, since I grew up consuming it. I think all the processed shit everyone makes out of soy isolate and tofu are disgusting though...

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Eh.....accustomed taste buds? I think if I were to drink fresh soymilk or have some silken tofu with shoyu, I'd still like the taste, since I grew up consuming it. I think all the processed shit everyone makes out of soy isolate and tofu are disgusting though...
    Oh no... I'm good with tofu, shoyu, tamari (fermented soy products)! Still to this day good with those, though they are not common in my diet.
    And though I could never do soy milk... it's really the soy isolate funk I'm talking about that is used as an additive in all sorts of CW 'health' stuff and tastes baaaaaaaaadddddd. It's like it just suddenly started cropping up in EVERYthing several years ago. I couldn't take it.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Spubba is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    Saw a man "walking" his down along the back lanes....dog was on the leash while he drove his car.
    I'd laugh, but that's how I used to lead my horses down to the back pasture, especially when it was muddy. I'd grab everybody's lead ropes, hop in my 4x4, and we'd go for a little jog. Yes, sometimes one would get loose, but horses are predictable, they'll just run back to the barn and talk to their friends or attack the hay bales or nibble on the (locked) lid of the grain bin, it's not like I had stragglers all over the countryside.

Spubba is offline Senior Member
    Oh no... I'm good with tofu, shoyu, tamari (fermented soy products)! Still to this day good with those, though they are not common in my diet.
    And though I could never do soy milk... it's really the soy isolate funk I'm talking about that is used as an additive in all sorts of CW 'health' stuff and tastes baaaaaaaaadddddd. It's like it just suddenly started cropping up in EVERYthing several years ago. I couldn't take it.
    In my vegan days, I bought soybeans from a farm and made my own soymilk and tofu, I had a machine that does it. OMG tastes soooooo different. You have to special-order the right kind of beans with mild flavor or the soymilk will taste like paint stripper, but fresh hot soymilk out of the machine with no additives is actually quite delicious. I don't do this anymore and I really should think about EBaying the machine, since it's sat under my kitchen sink for a couple years now since I went Primal. It makes almond milk too, but I never bother with that.

sires6 is offline Senior Member
    I am part Italian and haven't shaved in years.

The only comment I've ever gotten was from my own son, who I then told was being rude. He shut up.
    The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
    Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
    Pope John Paul II

sires6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spubba View Post
    ... YOU PUT PEOPLE IN A FEEDLOT, STUFF THEM SIX TIMES A DAY, AND THEN WONDER HOW THEY'RE GETTING FAT.
    I always ask people, especially the farmers around me, "how do you fatten a cow?" It's the same with people. Stick them in a place where they can't move, feed them grain, give them drugs to keep them nominally healthy and voila, fat people or fat cows...
    The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
    Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
    Pope John Paul II

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    I have better luck finding partners now than I did then because I have so much more self-confidence.
    Good for you! (just in case, have you had your steroid hormones tested? feel free not to answer; it can just be symptom of some other things that may be compromising your health in less visible, but actually damaging, ways)

My thing about shaving is this - for the most part, WE HAVE NO CHOICE. A man can choose to shave or not shave his face, or even legs/chest/back, and no one will think he is insane. If a woman chooses not to shave her pits, she will be considered among the weirdest of the weird. People will talk about her, stare at her, try to shame her, look down on her. Should she care? nah. But it shouldn't be that way.

Same with bathing suits - men have all kinds of choices, but if a woman shows up at a pool with anything more than her underwear on, she is weirdest of the weird, a prude, a nut. Talked about, stared at, looked down on. Thank goodness rash guards are acceptable for our kids now, an dfor women in *some* contexts, but try swimming with your legs covered the way men do and see what reaction you get!

Many men can even wear skirts in our society without question (I see an Indian man wearing a long robe over his legs regularly taking walks nearby; no one thinks anything about it). There is nothing for men I can think of that compares, where they literally have no option, and would know probably not one other person doing what they're doing, when what they're doing is not really "weird" at all, just "not done."

/rant
    FTR, tofu is not fermented (last I checked). Soy sauce, tamari, natto, tempeh are.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Same with bathing suits - men have all kinds of choices, but if a woman shows up at a pool with anything more than her underwear on, she is weirdest of the weird, a prude, a nut. Talked about, stared at, looked down on. Thank goodness rash guards are acceptable for our kids now, an dfor women in *some* contexts, but try swimming with your legs covered the way men do and see what reaction you get!
    I don't think that is true. There are tons of suits with very full coverage for women- skirted suits, board short types, tankinis etc. The only thing I really notice at the beach are when women wear bikinis who probably could use more fabric. Most of the women I boat with wear very modest skirted swimsuits or a regular suit with a cover up or a bikini with a cover up. I guess the under 25 crowd differs.

I think most women go to the beach or pool with the intention of getting sun, not keeping their legs covered. No one looks out of place beach walking in bermudas or a flowy skirt. A lot of people do just that. I don't often see women swimming in longer shorts, but certainly some do- it seems uncomfortable to me. But its pretty common for people to be covered around the water- perhaps just not in it. It never strikes me as prudish... just an avoidance of sun.