Page 459 of 839 FirstFirst ... 359409449457458459460461469509559 ... LastLast
Results 4,581 to 4,590 of 8390

Thread: Funny CW moments page 459

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Did it ever occur to anyone that steeping ourselves and our children in pesticides, herbicides and artificial hormones for decades might not be as healthy as they had hoped? The men I see who are my age, they don't even look like men. They look like washed-up fifteen year olds, either twig-skinny or fat with man-boobs, most of them carry blood glucose monitors, and none of them can even grow a proper beard. They're... infantilized physically, for lack of a better term; they look like they never properly grew up. Or is that what dudes are supposed to look like? No wonder I'm never interested in any of 'em.
    I think I live in a land of attractive people..... seriously- everyone at Target on Sunday was fit and lean and attractive. I felt like such a fat ass. I was all proud of my size 12 shorts then felt like a fat ass when some poor normal girl asked for a skirt in an extra small. I felt bad for her because things are so vanity sized now that all the effort she puts into her body is wasted since she can't find proper clothes.

Also, I see a ton of men with beards... my own vegetarian soy eating husband has a giant beard and copious amounts of hair everywhere.

But yeah... you do see weird looking weeble men know- small shoulders, large breasts, a gut, an oddly feminine large ass and thin legs.... very pale... It used to be fat men just had big santa bellies.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    To lose weight what we need is personal trainers to keep us motivated.

billp is offline Senior Member
    I do drink bottled water at work, but freely drink tap water at home. Maybe I should drink the bottled water at home too. I always sided with the people who thought drinking anything but tap water was a ridiculous pose. I don't want to be eating female homones, and I know exactly where the water comes from here - out of the same river the sewage flows into, then they clean it up a bit. Of course if I was really serious I would collect my own rainwater. That would be much more primal. I shouldn't call it primal, or paleo or anything as there were times when I was a boy when I drank collected rain water, and it was fine. Just very soft. Seeing as Neolithic is still the stone age, calling drinking rain water Paloelithic is a bit of a stretch if you remember doing it when you were younger.

Clymb is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spubba View Post
    Agree. What, you think they bother to filter all the hormones out of our water? Hahahahaha. They make sure you can drink it and not die (at least not right away). So all the men you see walking around are basically taking the Pill and getting all estrogen'd up from chemicals, soy and their own excess adipose tissue. It's like they weren't able to finish puberty.That, and then we have people working at desks in their little cubicle farms eating hearthealthywholegrains and fruit sugars every two hours "to keep their energy up". YOU PUT PEOPLE IN A FEEDLOT, STUFF THEM SIX TIMES A DAY, AND THEN WONDER HOW THEY'RE GETTING FAT.
    I lol'd big time at this! So true. May have to steal and post on Facebook

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    Me, either. It is bizarre.
    Ohhh... I like shaven, on myself and the husband.
    Not shaven chests and arms and all... but well trimmed/shaven *parts*.
    And I'm blonde and not particularly hairy at all... it feels all and smooth and clean and lovely.
    I started shaving before full shaving was even common, and I didn't do it for men... I preferred it for myself years before anyone ever got close enough to even touch me.

I honestly can't imagine how some are comfortable not doing it... *shrug*
    To each their own and all.

Also... I totally get how BPAs happen. Plastic is freaking convenient. The stuff has changes the world, a lot of that change for the better IMO. BUT SOY?????? Wtf is with the SOY? Even in my darkest hour of the little time I spent as a CW health pursuing person... I never got on board with soy. I mean... a little fermented soy on occasion, OK. Some fresh green edamame even, on occasion again. BUT this whole soy protein powder in everything kick... how and why? It tastes like a$$. Awful... I was being told how healthy it was and was all "Umm, no... I'm NOT eating that." I knew it tasted like poison. My friends all thought I was crazy for preferring actual meat! Of course, they probably still think I'm crazy.
    Last edited by cori93437; 05-21-2012 at 06:04 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Saw a man "walking" his down along the back lanes....dog was on the leash while he drove his car.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Took a 9 mile walk along the Edmonton Riverside win my Merrell barefoot shoes (great way to spend Victoria Day). Came home to check emails and turned on the TV and there is our old friend Dr OZ recommending to wear shoes with good arch support to avoid injury. FFS I just did 9 miles in a couple of hours in my barefoot shoes....prob more millage than most of his viewers do in a month.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    And I'm blonde and not particularly hairy at all... it feels all and smooth and clean and lovely.
    Well, I have dark, thick hair everywhere. Yes, everywhere. All the way up my thighs, on my ass, on my lower back, on my stomach, between my breasts, on my arms, on my face, on my fingers, on my toes. I also get visible stubble within an hour after shaving, and it literally takes me over an hour to shave my whole body, which is basically what is necessary if I wanted to shave some of it. Otherwise there would be a discernible I-stopped-shaving-here line.

I honestly can't imagine how some are comfortable not doing it...
    I'm comfortable not doing it because it takes fucking forever, is more or less ineffective, I get massive amounts of painful ingrown hairs afterward, and I just don't give a fuck. It's just hair. It comes out of my body whether I want it to or not. I stopped fighting it 4 years ago and since then I have never felt better about myself. If anything, I have better luck finding partners now than I did then because I have so much more self-confidence. I don't have to worry if I missed a spot anymore, thus spoiling the illusion, and I don't have any more anxiety about "needing" to shave. It's just all there, all the time. Take it or leave it.

And yes, people do give me funny looks in public. I don't give a fuck.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    Took a 9 mile walk along the Edmonton Riverside win my Merrell barefoot shoes (great way to spend Victoria Day). Came home to check emails and turned on the TV and there is our old friend Dr OZ recommending to wear shoes with good arch support to avoid injury. FFS I just did 9 miles in a couple of hours in my barefoot shoes....prob more millage than most of his viewers do in a month.
    My partner just ran a marathon in his. I'll make sure to tell him that Dr. Oz says he's doing it wrong. Oh, I'd better not wear mine up any mountains anymore either! Thank goodness for Dr. Oz and his infinite footwear wisdom.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Unamused Mouse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    Well, I have dark, thick hair everywhere. Yes, everywhere. All the way up my thighs, on my ass, on my lower back, on my stomach, between my breasts, on my arms, on my face, on my fingers, on my toes. I also get visible stubble within an hour after shaving, and it literally takes me over an hour to shave my whole body, which is basically what is necessary if I wanted to shave some of it. Otherwise there would be a discernible I-stopped-shaving-here line.

I'm comfortable not doing it because it takes fucking forever, is more or less ineffective, I get massive amounts of painful ingrown hairs afterward, and I just don't give a fuck. It's just hair. It comes out of my body whether I want it to or not. I stopped fighting it 4 years ago and since then I have never felt better about myself. If anything, I have better luck finding partners now than I did then because I have so much more self-confidence. I don't have to worry if I missed a spot anymore, thus spoiling the illusion, and I don't have any more anxiety about "needing" to shave. It's just all there, all the time. Take it or leave it.

And yes, people do give me funny looks in public. I don't give a fuck.
    You are my hero. I wish I could just stop shaving and not give a fuck. I just don't like the attention.