Thread: Funny CW moments page 458

billp is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Funny -- tragic -- it's the same thing.

springnr is offline Senior Member
    Absurd!

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sires6 View Post
    That's AWESOME!!! I'm going to have to try that! I wonder if they will deliver?
    Request it delivered in an aluminum pan if they have it
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

sires6 is offline Senior Member
    Just the whole Man-boob thing turns me off.

I grew up around military, saw military all my life, married military. The definition of lean and cut is these guys. Being around them most of my life, then seeing "regular" people, just makes me sad with their wheat bellies and overweight kids.
    The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
    Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
    Pope John Paul II

Spubba is offline Senior Member
    Did it ever occur to anyone that steeping ourselves and our children in pesticides, herbicides and artificial hormones for decades might not be as healthy as they had hoped? The men I see who are my age, they don't even look like men. They look like washed-up fifteen year olds, either twig-skinny or fat with man-boobs, most of them carry blood glucose monitors, and none of them can even grow a proper beard. They're... infantilized physically, for lack of a better term; they look like they never properly grew up. Or is that what dudes are supposed to look like? No wonder I'm never interested in any of 'em.

Idioteque is offline Member
    wooaaa, need to vent! Well, I already vented a bit to DH on the way back but ...

We visited some friends for the past few days. We knew they eat crap so I was mentally prepared to not stress about it and do the best I can given the circumstances (thank god they had eggs, the worse quality but still ...eggs, and barbecue - not the best meat but still meat; and some salad, nuts and banana chips ).

But I found out she was pregnant! 3 months. Looking at what she ate made me wanna kill her, sorry I love her but that's just crazy!!! Coca cola (I quote "I should not have too much Cola because of the caffeine in it but the doctor said I can have 200mg caffeine/day so I'm drinking to the limit"), canned meat (the max 60% meat type, the rest soy & crap additives), bad quality hotdogs and salami, pre-deep-fried chicken wings (with 7 lines of ingredients, YES, seven!), tons and tons of fried nuts/cashew/peanuts/sunflower seeds (I quote again "The doctor said I should eat many, many nuts, just as much as I eat meat), tons of bread ("The doctor said I should have many carbohydrates", well the doctor apparently he said mostly potatoes and rice but ... bread is tastier?!), chocolate, ice-cream, margarine (I asked for some butter to fry the beef, I got a big box of something, I said that's margarine, they said noooo, it's butter; we looked together on the label, it was margarine, with SOME butter; but it said “frying butter” in capital letters so they did not bother reading the small "print").

I had to hold my comments for most of the time, I did a few times that they maybe should avoid this and that and they can make their own chicken wings with whatever taste they want but I don't wanna start preaching again (especially as they already know my opinion and they asked a couple of times in the past years what they should eat because they were not feeling great and gaining weight with what they previously did). It never went anywhere previously. I doubt anything will change now. I just hope the baby will be ok.

Idioteque is offline Member
    On a closer to home subject.
    I had a meeting today during lunchtime that took a bit longer that planned. It was 10 mins before the restaurant was supposed to close (I brought no food with me today as we just came back from holiday but the restaurant normally has meat & veggies or meat & salad so not a big deal) and it meant I had to hurry to catch something. I just said... screw it, Ill eat when I get home. So I guess this is how you end up fasting without planning. Its gonna be almost 20h in the end, I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Spubba View Post
    Did it ever occur to anyone that steeping ourselves and our children in pesticides, herbicides and artificial hormones for decades might not be as healthy as they had hoped? The men I see who are my age, they don't even look like men. They look like washed-up fifteen year olds, either twig-skinny or fat with man-boobs, most of them carry blood glucose monitors, and none of them can even grow a proper beard. They're... infantilized physically, for lack of a better term; they look like they never properly grew up. Or is that what dudes are supposed to look like? No wonder I'm never interested in any of 'em.
    Totally agree, I have the same impression.

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    My friend decided a month or so ago that since I am doing so well on primal, she was going to give it a shot too so she can lose weight. But instead of actually researching what I do or, you know, listening to me, she decided to do the most half-assed mish-mash of CW and primal ever conceived. I got her to buy some grassfed butter and butcher meat with me, and she claimed she was going to give up diet coke. That lasted all of like 3 weeks, now she's back to drinking diet coke all day long. She also still eats wheat freely, and her eyes light up for spaghetti and garlic bread and naan and cupcakes and whatever other carbs she wants. She doesn't care about cooking oils, types of fat, etc.

She always acts super smug and like she's doing a perfect 100% on primal when she eats kale and bacon fried in butter, and brags to me about how nutritious she's eating, but then she turns around and says "I'm going to start eating egg white omelets!" and I say "Dear god, why? That shit is completely tasteless and you're missing out on most of the actual nutrition from the egg." The answer? "Well, Beyonce eats them. I want to look like Beyonce!"

........................................ Sigh.

I realize that it's her body and she can do whatever the hell she wants, but I wish she would at least stop deluding herself that she's eating clean and on the road to losing weight. When we go to the gym together, I lift heavy to failure, and she lifts 5lb weights for a million reps while she stares into space, or goes on the treadmill. She regularly walks 5-6 miles (like a couple times a week), which is great but isn't going to make her build any actual muscle, and she does it so often that her body's probably used to it at this point. She hears about how my clothes are all too loose because I've lost so much weight and she acts like it's just a matter of time before her clothes are loose too, since she's totally doing exactly what I do. Except... uh, not.

It just really frustrates me that she acts like she knows what she's talking about when she really doesn't. I tell her what I do for my own results and she takes it into consideration as like one of many possible options (which includes straight-up CW nonsense like egg white omelets and low weights at a million reps for "toning"). Eating spaghetti AND butter, bacon AND cupcakes is going to make her gain weight, not lose weight. Biochemistry isn't a pick-and-choose game. You can't just decide for yourself what is going to work, do it really half-assed, and then assume the weight's gonna drop off. She treats it like it's just a matter of time, like she's doing so well and is so disciplined, and all I can do is bite my tongue.
    Last edited by Gravyboat; 05-21-2012 at 06:13 AM.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

MamaGrok is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billp View Post
    Any photo of a man from the 1970s or even 80s looks more masculine. I think they are eating too many female hormones somewhere and there is some connection to body building.
    Soy soy soy soy soy (what is in all those "protein" vats, anyway?) in their formula, cereal, protein bars, everything they've eaten since birth, and BCP's in the water supply. It's not a secret.

Quote Originally Posted by billp View Post
    To be honest, I don't really understand the female obsession with shaving either.
    Me, either. It is bizarre.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Spubba is offline Senior Member
    Agree. What, you think they bother to filter all the hormones out of our water? Hahahahaha. They make sure you can drink it and not die (at least not right away). So all the men you see walking around are basically taking the Pill and getting all estrogen'd up from chemicals, soy and their own excess adipose tissue. It's like they weren't able to finish puberty.That, and then we have people working at desks in their little cubicle farms eating hearthealthywholegrains and fruit sugars every two hours "to keep their energy up". YOU PUT PEOPLE IN A FEEDLOT, STUFF THEM SIX TIMES A DAY, AND THEN WONDER HOW THEY'RE GETTING FAT.