Page 457 of 884 FirstFirst ... 357407447455456457458459467507557 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,570 of 8834

Thread: Funny CW moments page 457

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    So the fam wanted to go to the local pizza joint for dinner last night. Me, in my dim brilliance decide that i will see if they will make an UN -pizza. This small town place struggled with the NO DOUGH AT ALL concept but in the end i had my "pan of meat and veggies " as the cook called it and everyone was happy. Even though there was a lot shaking heads...lol
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

sires6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    So the fam wanted to go to the local pizza joint for dinner last night. Me, in my dim brilliance decide that i will see if they will make an UN -pizza. This small town place struggled with the NO DOUGH AT ALL concept but in the end i had my "pan of meat and veggies " as the cook called it and everyone was happy. Even though there was a lot shaking heads...lol
    That's AWESOME!!! I'm going to have to try that! I wonder if they will deliver?
    The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
    Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
    Pope John Paul II

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    So... I'm watching the 1939 version of Emily Bronte's Wuthering Heights, the verion with Merle Oberon and Lawence Olivier. Great stuff. There's a scene where Kathy runs off into a storm, trying to follow Heathcliff, but she is found close to death and brought back to Wuthering Heights. It skips to a few days later, where the doctor is checking up on her. I had to rewind because I wasn't sure I heard it correctly, but the doctor's advice for her was:

"Nothing I can say except to keep her in the sun and give her plenty of cream and butter."

Love it!
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    "Nothing I can say except to keep her in the sun and give her plenty of cream and butter."

Love it!
    Shit, I wish doctors now said things like that.

Now it's more like "Nothing I can say except to take these pills that probably won't do anything, and give her plenty of low-fat yogurt and heart-healthy whole grains every 2 hours, because human beings will die if they don't eat 5 small meals a day. By the way, your BMI is too high. You should work on that."

Thank god our medical knowledge has progressed to where we know the sun is deadly and saturated fat will give you a heart attack, amirite? Sigh..

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Sol y Sombra is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    So... I'm watching the 1939 version of Emily Bronte's Wuthering Heights, the verion with Merle Oberon and Lawence Olivier. Great stuff. There's a scene where Kathy runs off into a storm, trying to follow Heathcliff, but she is found close to death and brought back to Wuthering Heights. It skips to a few days later, where the doctor is checking up on her. I had to rewind because I wasn't sure I heard it correctly, but the doctor's advice for her was:

Love it!
    It's so sad things could go so wrong over the past few decades - and with such dire consequences to everybody's health What the hell possessed them to vilify fat and glorify grains and sugar?! People have been eating cream, butter, meat and eggs for thousands of years and no one was any worse for that. Of course, they have also been eating grains and sugar, but certainly not in the amounts they are consumed now - sugar used to be a rare treat, and as for grains, they were certainly more available, but definitely not as easily accessible and abundant as nowadays. After all, crops were very much dependent on weather conditions - a simple hailstorm could mean an entire crop was ruined.

billp is offline Senior Member
    Went to the swimming pool today. Now I consider myself overweight, and stalled for the last few months due to paying attention to people suggesting moderate carbs here, plus Wine. And hurt my back (seems better now, but not checked out yet) so I did a lot less exercises than usual. But no matter. I may consider myself fat but those people at the pool were really far gone. There was one 11 yr old lad with a much bigger stomach than me. Many children sporting pot bellies. Great sows of mothers spilling out of their bathing costumes. All the guys had fat shoulders and back. Even the ones who looked like they had been working out, with a bit of belly overhang. Universal metabolic syndrome. Kids seem to start getting overweight at about four. Only thin people were the odd pale looking woman with no muscles at all, skinny-fat, who looked ill.

I wonder if there isn't a special metabolic syndrome for men in their twenties who work out. They have a certain look that looks wrong somehow, and don't seem to have any hair on them at all whereas a real man is hair from his top lip to his toes. Something not quite right about how they look that I can't put my finger on.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Great sows of mothers spilling out of their bathing costumes.
    OMFG, that has to be one of the funniest lines I've read of all time. It sounds like something from a catty gay guy writing a gossip column in 1854....

I feel like a lot of men are starting to look very feminine, but I think the lack of hair is waxing or shaving.

Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    OMFG, that has to be one of the funniest lines I've read of all time. It sounds like something from a catty gay guy writing a gossip column in 1854....
    I don't think you have to be gay to find properly fat ladies dressed in swimming kit funny That's the whole seaside postcard industry right there. I tell you, they are amazingly lithe in the water for being so fat. Funny to see the contrast between them and their small children, who at three are still slim. It's not right. No ones walking child should be smaller than their buttock.
    I feel like a lot of men are starting to look very feminine, but I think the lack of hair is waxing or shaving.
    I saw one in the lawnmower repair place. Dressed, obviously. There is something wrong about the combination of very thin arm and leg hair (wasn't shaved) and being plump-muscly. Like the muscles are puffed out. Genuinely strong men do not look like that and are look a lot more masculine. Any photo of a man from the 1970s or even 80s looks more masculine. I think they are eating too many female hormones somewhere and there is some connection to body building. One of the guys at work literally developed man boobs before he was fired, after spending a lot of time in the gym and beginning to look like that. I must have had four times his body fat and still had a smaller cleavage. There is something about the way they look that is not right and not manly.

Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post

Also I refuse to believe that any "man" who shaves his chest or his legs is not a homo. Even if he claims to be straight as a die, he'd have to let it grow out first. I can't get my head round why any man would do that to himself. To be honest, I don't really understand the female obsession with shaving either. Never bothered me. I don't want a woman trying to look like an eight year old.

doghug is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by smilingjustalittlebit View Post
    The more I read this thread the more I think it should be renamed 'tragic CW moments'.
    Me too
    " If you truly love nature you will find beauty everywhere"

- Vincent Van Gogh

Primal Since January 2011