Page 455 of 895 FirstFirst ... 355405445453454455456457465505555 ... LastLast
Results 4,541 to 4,550 of 8944

Thread: Funny CW moments page 455

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    Compound this with people not spay/neutering their cats so they set up wild populations that wander much farther away from human areas (where their talents are actually needed) and thats where the problem begins.
    Crap, yes.

As much as I understand wanting to feed hungry animals, they just don't understand that they're making the problem worse. Feeding feral cats makes them much more likely to breed, and that means kittens that don't ever get spayed or neutered unless they're caught by Animal Control. Then those kittens grow, aided by well-intentioned but uninformed people that leave food out, and since food is abundant, they breed even more.

Drives me nuts when I'm walking around a neighborhood and every 4th or 5th house has bowls of cat food left out for the strays.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Milty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    I thought you meant that they cut to a picture of a cupcake for an example of processd foods, not an example of the frigging meal plan!
    My bad. Fixed

hulahoop is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by weathergirl View Post
    I have another one...its a facebook interaction. I posted a pic of my Bacon that I was cooking. My friend comments and says:you temptress! I'm trying so hard on my diet and this is killing me! I'm like:havent you read any of the links I sent you on my diet?? Bacon is fine. She says:i know I read it but I have a weight watchers mindset I can't get out of. I said:well, as long as that works for you. And she says:it doesn't. I repliedwith a ..........

Like she knows my diet, knows weight watchers doesn't work, but can't give up the grains! So dense! That has to be my biggest complaint when people bitch and moan about their size or dieting and when I tell them what worked for me they freak " no no no I could NEVER do that!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    I've only been doing this 2 weeks and i've come across this a few times already!! People are impressed with the way my blood sugars have stabilised and the weight is falling off but their eyes glaze over at the thought of doing it themselves. I know quite a few people on weightwatchers, and it isn't working for them, but they won't consider giving this a go. However, one of my friends is having a go this week, i can't wait to see how she gets on.

sires6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billp View Post
    Does that make them less safe to eat? I ate loads of horse in Switz, all of it imported from the US.
    Uhh, actually, yes, they are not safe to eat. The chemicals and wormers and such are not deemed human safe. Beef, whether grass fed or raised in a feed lot is actually chemically treated with care. Same with dairy cows. With the crap US citizens put in their horses, you wouldn't catch me eating it. And we did live in Europe for a while.

As to the cat thing, the number one predator in the WORLD, is the domesticated house cat. That being said, put a cat, properly cared for in a biologically diverse area like a FARM and it will do it's job, hunting and killing rodentia and protecting the farm from disease.

That being said, I can't say enough about how the modern cat is allowed to run rampant and decimate wild populations of birds (many endangered and going on extinct) and small mammals. I detest "feral cat populations" they are an invention of modern luxury society. Dogs and other predators kept the cats in check, while the cats kept the rats in check.

We can't have cats as my husband and I are both allergic. I use mouse traps (where there is chicken food, there are mice) and a good rat dog.
    The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
    Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
    Pope John Paul II

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member
    Friend: Just had a chicken omelette, 6 whites, one yolk.

Me: *crying. The fact that people still buy into this only eat the egg white bit is highly amusing to me.

Friend: *goes off and reads a little about eggs. It would seem that the yolks have good cholesterol.
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

TheArcaneOne is offline Junior Member
    I've read a lot of this thread and find it very amusing. I had a CW moment last night and I thought I'd share.

I'm in the car with my roommate and she's talking about family traditions and one that her family does around the holidays is her aunt makes bacon wrapped macadamia nuts, dips them in melted butter, and cooks them over an open fire. Which to me sounds awesome. My roommate says she's never tried them and she can feel her arteries clogging up just describing it. She then asks me to stop at McDonald's where she gets chicken nuggets, fries, and a diet coke. She's also excited they now offer oatmeal in the mornings and plans on getting it every day.

jes1014 is offline Senior Member
    Yesterday I had an all-day training class that I had to attend. The organizer brought pastries in the morning and home made brownies in the afternoon. Of course, everyone was eating them hand over fist (the guy across from me ate a yogurt parfait, a bottle of OJ, and 4 brownies for lunch!) After lunch, a few were talking about regional foods and someone brought up some bacon thing they make in Atlanta - bacon coated with maple syrup and then baked - and the several people started going on and on about how horrible that is and "I can feel my arteries closing up just thinking about that!" as they shoved more brownies in their pie-hole. I just kept my head down and ate my BAS

One more - I was telling some co-workers a bit about my diet change and how it has helped my migraines. One said "you don't eat any grains AT ALL? But what about FIBER??!"
    Thread-killer extraordinaire
    My journal
    Primal since 3/10/12 - removed lap band 5/11/12
    207/186/160

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    I got the fiber question just the other day.

Vegetables, people. Try them.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    Does that make them less safe to eat? I ate loads of horse in Switz, all of it imported from the US.
    You never want to eat horse from the US.... they slaughter a lot of race horses who get a lot of injections to keep running- among other things, steroids into joints. The other one is the QH - and I don't know what they give them, but the halter horses look like cattle on tea cup feet they are so thick. I'm pretty sure they are getting help too. You know, I don't know about the timing of all of this... but.... its not like they track things carefully. The guy that bought at the auction has no idea what has been injected recently and there are a lot of secret cocktails going into these poor animals to keep them running,

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    You never want to eat horse from the US.... they slaughter a lot of race horses who get a lot of injections to keep running- among other things, steroids into joints. The other one is the QH - and I don't know what they give them, but the halter horses look like cattle on tea cup feet they are so thick. I'm pretty sure they are getting help too. You know, I don't know about the timing of all of this... but.... its not like they track things carefully. The guy that bought at the auction has no idea what has been injected recently and there are a lot of secret cocktails going into these poor animals to keep them running,
    +1. The Amish horses that are too old to be tender and are sold as dog meat- or at least used to be when we could slaughter them- are probably safer.

Magnolia- Those are the two horses that drive me the battiest. TBs are raised to run and die young and that's it and halter horses . . . oh the mental issues. I feel bad for both, but they are so hard to work with.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula