Page 452 of 872 FirstFirst ... 352402442450451452453454462502552 ... LastLast
Results 4,511 to 4,520 of 8718

Thread: Funny CW moments page 452

  1. #4511
    magnolia1973's Avatar
    magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,846
    Primal Fuel
    The ingredients on those is :sugar oats hfcs non dairy creamer, fruit product, salt, sugar.

    I always ALWAYS hated oatmeal. I tried to like it... but I could eat like 3 of those packets and not be full. Even really well done, steel cut oats with nuts, berries, maple syrup and cream tasted like shit to me.

    I'm so glad I am in a world now where a bunch of eggs cooked in butter ! is a healthy breakfast.
    Last edited by magnolia1973; 05-16-2012 at 05:39 AM. Reason: adding more awesome

  2. #4512
    billp's Avatar
    billp is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    942
    Quote Originally Posted by sires6 View Post
    What most people don't know is that the horse has one of the most inefficient systems, much like ours, for eating large amounts of grass. Unlike ruminants which have 4 stomachs to properly break down the cellulose, horses only have one stomach and they lose much of the nutrients to waste. It's actually a small argument AGAINST vegetarianism.
    It is a small argument against raising horses for food, at least. But people raise so may horses for other reasons that it is one of the cheaper meats where available. People often assume that Germany is similar to Switzerland because if the similar language, but in Switzerland they are gobbling horses all the time like in France, whereas in Germany seem dead against it, like much of the Anglosphere. No idea why. Perfectly good grass fed meat.

  3. #4513
    billp's Avatar
    billp is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    942
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    The ingredients on those is :sugar oats hfcs non dairy creamer, fruit product, salt, sugar.

    I always ALWAYS hated oatmeal. I tried to like it... but I could eat like 3 of those packets and not be full. Even really well done, steel cut oats with nuts, berries, maple syrup and cream tasted like shit to me.

    I'm so glad I am in a world now where a bunch of eggs cooked in butter ! is a healthy breakfast.
    I used to think I liked porridge, but then I discovered I only liked the treacle I was putting on it and the milk I was making it from. I now recognise the reason it felt so good was a long sugar buzz - initially from the treacle, then from the milk, then the oats. Was still starving by 11.30. These days I often don't need to eat before 11.30.

  4. #4514
    Alex Good's Avatar
    Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Maritimes
    Posts
    3,576
    Quote Originally Posted by billp View Post
    No idea why. Perfectly good grass fed meat.
    Levels of intelligence and ethics. A horse is too smart to be put through the process of being raised for food. Eating one after it's died naturally is fine though.
    It's the same reason a decent person wouldn't raise dogs for slaughter.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

  5. #4515
    drssgchic's Avatar
    drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,371
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    Levels of intelligence and ethics. A horse is too smart to be put through the process of being raised for food. Eating one after it's died naturally is fine though.
    It's the same reason a decent person wouldn't raise dogs for slaughter.
    Then why are pigs raised for slaughter? I believe they rank higher than dogs in intellegence.

    It's a separation of "companion" versus "food" animals. Some cultures have more separation than others.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

    Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

    And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

  6. #4516
    Alex Good's Avatar
    Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Maritimes
    Posts
    3,576
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    Then why are pigs raised for slaughter? I believe they rank higher than dogs in intellegence.
    I've seen both. Pigs are stupid.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

  7. #4517
    Corvidae's Avatar
    Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    723
    Quote Originally Posted by sires6 View Post
    What most people don't know is that the horse has one of the most inefficient systems, much like ours, for eating large amounts of grass. Unlike ruminants which have 4 stomachs to properly break down the cellulose, horses only have one stomach and they lose much of the nutrients to waste. It's actually a small argument AGAINST vegetarianism.
    True! Also elephants; elephant digestion is really poor, so a lot of nutrients are left in their poo when it passes, and it has the added benefit of being partially pre-digested so the nutrients are even easier to get at. Thats why there are so many animals on the savannah that scavenge off of elephant poo.
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

    My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

    Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

  8. #4518
    Tigerfeet's Avatar
    Tigerfeet is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by sires6 View Post
    You were fed a load of horse hockey. HOrses can open and close their mouths any time they want. Even while eating a bite of grass. I have two horses right now, and I am watching them eat to their large heart's content.
    Thanks for putting me straight!

  9. #4519
    Sabine's Avatar
    Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Dallas/Fort Worth Texas
    Posts
    5,190
    I miss oatmeal. Once my body is healed up, a bowl of homemade oatmeal with chopped apples and raisins is going to be part of my 20%. I hope I'll still like it.

  10. #4520
    drssgchic's Avatar
    drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,371
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    I've seen both. Pigs are stupid.
    *pats Alex on the head* Whatever you say, dear.

    GOTD: Customers. Employers. People with no brains but the power to make me miserable. Jerks.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

    Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

    And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •