Page 451 of 880 FirstFirst ... 351401441449450451452453461501551 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,510 of 8800

Thread: Funny CW moments page 451

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    i think he invented the story to help him cope with a traumatic event as a child when a horse, like, yawned at him or something. Cause yeah their teeth are pretty scary looking
    That story is more likely to create a traumatic experience.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Tigerfeet is offline Senior Member
    When I was working horse ranches when I was younger the full-time wranglers would tell me to be careful of getting bit. They said they way a horse's mouth works is once they open and begin to close they can't open again until they first close their teeth all the way, that it helps them rip up grass more easily. I have no idea if that's true but it does make sense and I can promise you, horse bites hurt like the dickens.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    That would be an evolutionary disadvantage. A horse could get stuck by biting something which is too tough to break.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Dated a farrier once, and horse's teeth are just outright scary when you're trying to file those suckers down.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Spubba is offline Senior Member
    I used to have horses, and I developed a healthy respect for the hooves - I managed to survive one direct hit to the head, and that's enough for me! Although yes, horse bites hurt like crazy too.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I was raised with horses... always respected them. I mean... they are HUGE. You respect size, hard feet at the ends of strong legs, and big rock like teeth that clamp together with jaws that size!

We also knew lots of other folks with horses... one lady in particular who was kinda "new" to horses and tended to treat them like big puppies carried treats in her front shirt pocket. Of course the horses learned this and would come for the treats and snuff the pocket.
    One day this lady wasn't moving at a suitable pace for one of her pampered equine pets and the horse BIT the pocket that smelled like treats... it contained mostly boob evidently. The horse did not however simply bite down then open and release... it bit down then pulled back like it was going rip the pocket of treats off of her, causing it's clamped on teeth to slide from the base to the end of her breast and off. Her boob was basically a giant blood blister bruise. It was pretty awful.

Gotta respect the teeth.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    One day this lady wasn't moving at a suitable pace for one of her pampered equine pets and the horse BIT the pocket that smelled like treats... it contained mostly boob evidently. The horse did not however simply bite down then open and release... it bit down then pulled back like it was going rip the pocket of treats off of her, causing it's clamped on teeth to slide from the base to the end of her breast and off. Her boob was basically a giant blood blister bruise. It was pretty awful.
    Eeeesh! I shudder to think! Dx

(But....Im not gonna lie, I know people who would pay good money for an experience like that.)
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    Eeeesh! I shudder to think! Dx

(But....Im not gonna lie, I know people who would pay good money for an experience like that.)
    Yikes... I'm all for a good round of BDSM play, but not anything like that! She ended up in the ER... they had to install a drain. *shudder*
    I saw it... it was so gross. Bleh!

Of course... I've also seen what some other folks are into, and I don't doubt you... those people scare me a bit... LOL
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

sires6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigerfeet View Post
    I have no idea if that's true but it does make sense and I can promise you, horse bites hurt like the dickens.
    You were fed a load of horse hockey. HOrses can open and close their mouths any time they want. Even while eating a bite of grass. I have two horses right now, and I am watching them eat to their large heart's content.

What most people don't know is that the horse has one of the most inefficient systems, much like ours, for eating large amounts of grass. Unlike ruminants which have 4 stomachs to properly break down the cellulose, horses only have one stomach and they lose much of the nutrients to waste. It's actually a small argument AGAINST vegetarianism.
    The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
    Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
    Pope John Paul II

Spubba is offline Senior Member
    At work, everybody's all into this instant oatmeal crap because it's a "healthy breakfast" and the office has a dispenser that spews hot water yaaaaay. They love this stuff to the point where there are always boxes of instant oatmeal sitting around on the counter for everybody to share. I picked up a packet of "Peaches and cream" and read the ingredients.

Two things that stood out: non-dairy creamer (in oatmeal?), kid-friendly writing on one side, and artificially flavored fruit pieces. What did they have to do to the fruit pieces that they need artificial flavoring added to them?

Naturally, the box proudly proclaimed "A LOW FAT FOOD".