Page 450 of 901 FirstFirst ... 350400440448449450451452460500550 ... LastLast
Results 4,491 to 4,500 of 9007

Thread: Funny CW moments page 450

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sol y Sombra View Post
    Corvidae, this is very useful information you are providing, thanks a lot! I didn't know this stuff. And on a side note, just this morning (I swear) I was thinking about something I read in Harvey and Marilyn Diamond's book Fit for Life ages ago. You probably know they emphasize eating carbs apart from proteins to facilitate digestion and insist fruit should be eaten before and not after meals (for the same reason). They also claim that people are not really designed to eat meat, because the human body can thrive without it. And they point to gorillas for comparison: look at how big gorillas are and they do not eat meat, so why should people? Meat is hard to digest, look at lions - they eat meat and sleep all day, because they can't digest all the meat they eat... Oh, yes, I bought it all at the time, I didn't know better.
    *head into all the desks*

What about whales?? Theyre all carnivores. Also polar bears are easily larger than gorillas. Gah!!

"Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    My SIL is eating paleo and doesn't know it. Her naturopath has her on some naturopathic HCG "diet" so she swears its the magical hcg making all the difference this time. She is not eating wheat or grains, only coconut or olive oil, no processed foods or soy, and plenty of meat and veggies. because the weight loss has been so effortless she's convinced it's the hCG not the food.

I said 'so its a paleo diet' and she said 'what's that?'

At least I was able to convince her to read Wheat Belly.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member
    This is it, I have the winner!

Boss to me as I sit munching a delicious red apple: You shouldn't eat red apples, they have way more sugar than green apples.

Me to boss: Are you sure you want to talk to me about sugar? Didn't I see you eating a caramel square yesterday?

Boss: Silence.

Me: Facepalm.
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post

What about whales?? Theyre all carnivores. Also polar bears are easily larger than gorillas. Gah!!

Took a city girl to see some horses. (ok, we were collecting manure for a garden)
    "What do they eat, meat?"
    *blank look- I couldn't have just heard that.*
    "They're so big, they have to eat meat, right?"
    "No, they eat plants, they're herbivores. They just eat a LOT of them."
    "Ooooh."
    I wish they'd been my horses so I could do the poking and pointing things out- like the very flat teeth.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post

Sloths are folivores; therefore, nobody should eat salad unless they want to be very slow and hang from trees all day.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

My cousin's boyfriend was talking on Mother's Day about this paleo diet craze and how people who do it never have any energy, because "you get your energy from carbs" yada yada yada. He's very intelligent though. Just not on diets.

treborix is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    I wish they'd been my horses so I could do the poking and pointing things out- like the very flat teeth.
    Back in the day, when I was trying to convince people to feed their dogs a species appropriate diet (raw meat, bones, organs, whole prey) I would tell them to compare their teeth with their dogs. We are an example of omnivores and they are examples of carnivores.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by treborix View Post
    Back in the day, when I was trying to convince people to feed their dogs a species appropriate diet (raw meat, bones, organs, whole prey) I would tell them to compare their teeth with their dogs. We are an example of omnivores and they are examples of carnivores.
    Agreed, but then you have idiot vets telling my wife (and by association me) not to feed our dog raw because of salmonella etc. Of course, then I go to buy dog food (only place to get Taste of the Wild is a little independent store) and am told, "Did you hear about the recall? 13 brands of dog food because of salmonella!"

Yes, CW knows no bounds. Heaven forbid I feed my dog the same chicken I am about to eat.

Chasintrail is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Heaven forbid I feed my dog the same chicken I am about to eat.
    But it's raw chicken! Don't you know that even looking at it will kill you? OMG!!!!

Pet peeve - no really, I don't need you to double wrap my chicken before you bag it in it's own separate bag. Really it's not poision, I promise <bang head here>

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    Took a city girl to see some horses. (ok, we were collecting manure for a garden)
    "What do they eat, meat?"
    *blank look- I couldn't have just heard that.*
    "They're so big, they have to eat meat, right?"
    "No, they eat plants, they're herbivores. They just eat a LOT of them."
    "Ooooh."
    HA!! its funny cause my boyfriend has a tongue-in-cheek running joke that horses are carnivores, eat their own weight in meat every day, and can run 200 mph. No of course he doesnt really believe it; i think he invented the story to help him cope with a traumatic event as a child when a horse, like, yawned at him or something. Cause yeah their teeth are pretty scary looking
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!