Page 45 of 873 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145545 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny CW moments page 45

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I was telling my one friend (a gym nut) a bit about the Whole 30 thing and that I'd lost 1" off my thigh but lost no weight. I wondered if it was muscle gain & fat loss. She had a couple CW comments:
    1. That I hadn't lost weight because my body had probably gone into "starvation mode".
    2. That I hadn't gained muscle and lost fat. That it takes a TON of work to make muscle. She had no suggestion as to how I'd lost an inch, but no weight...

Really.

Sigh....
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

skline2 is offline Senior Member
    #2 is funny. It's amazing how little I work out on the PB lifestyle and how for the first time ever I can actually see muscles on my body - especially my arms.

Leanne_R is offline Member
    Tonight, while stir frying some veges and waiting for my salmon to come out of the oven, my roommate ran into the kitchen. With a tub of chocolate cake frosting (the kind where any recognizable form of coco is like the 30th ingredient) in one hand and a spoon in the other she proceeded to tell me how my dangerous it is to live grain free. Being a semi-argumentative person combined with my LOVE of this lifestyle I tried to explain to her what this "diet" has done for me. She sees no link between grain-free and feeling better. I continued cooking while listening to her discuss all the different carbs I am missing out on and later turned around to her having downed 3/4 of a container of treetop juice--which she defends because it provides a full serving of fruit... >.<

mcc0523 is offline Junior Member
    Well, I went to an Aldi today (and scored some wonderful wild caught frozen salmon for next to nothing!!), and I nearly freaked out because of the woman who was checking out in front of me. Her only purchase: 10-12 loaves of white and wheat bread. Being a celiac, I almost felt cross-contaminated. As a primal eater, I felt sorry for her poor intestines (and the rest of her body), and/or her hogs... hog farmers around here go to the bakery outlet stores and snatch up all of the left-over loaves of bread.

Hilary is offline Senior Member
    Is this a CW moment? I think it must be...

Visited supermarket. Found myself in same aisle as rat poison... read the box for Rentokil Rodine... burst out laughing. (Yes - in the middle of the supermarket, on my own, staring at the rat poison.)

On the label:
    'Contains natural whole wheat.'

Well... it's a selling point, right?

jesbelle is online now Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilary View Post
    On the label:

It's the active ingredient, right?
    "Fry cracked corn, and I don't care. Leela cracked corn, I still don't care. Bender cracked corn, and he is great! Take that you stupid corn." - Bender Bending Rodríguez

spakesneaker is offline Senior Member

Visited supermarket. Found myself in same aisle as rat poison... read the box for Rentokil Rodine... burst out laughing. (Yes - in the middle of the supermarket, on my own, staring at the rat poison.)

On the label:

Reminds me of people buying organic pasta and organic bread at Whole Foods... I always think, it's all crap anyway!

Lynnsey is offline Member
    I absolutely love when I see this thread is updated!!! Here are a couple that I just encountered:

Was putting Extra Virgin Coconut Oil in my hot tea this morning. My boss looked mortified. "That stuff is so bad for you, it will raise your cholesterol really high"!

Two days ago (after she found I am pregnant), she told me that she is concerned about how much red meat I am eating and thinks I should cut back. She said it is carcinogenic. One of her very good friends was diagnosed with Hodgkins or non-Hodgkins lymphoma and that is what her doctor told her caused it. Arghhhh!!!!

Hilary is offline Senior Member

On the label:

Quote Originally Posted by jesbelle View Post
    It's the active ingredient, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by imasin View Post
    Reminds me of people buying organic pasta and organic bread at Whole Foods... I always think, it's all crap anyway!
    My mind is still boggling. Is the idea that people want to buy whole wheat breakfast cereals and whole wheat bread and granola bars and pasta, so of course they want whole wheat rat poison too?

Is it that you want to give the rats a nice governmentally-approved healthy diet while poisoning them?

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member
    Type 1 diabetic for 25 years.
    Low carb for 7 years, LC Primal for 2.5 of those.
    Fruit and starch free.
    Total weight loss- 3 stone/42 pounds. Current weight = 121 pounds. Height 5'5
    I take Zymessence systemic enzymes.