Page 446 of 877 FirstFirst ... 346396436444445446447448456496546 ... LastLast
Results 4,451 to 4,460 of 8769

Thread: Funny CW moments page 446

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    Corri..you are up sooo early..you feeling ok?
    Not up early... still up late.
    Bad head day in a bad head week... family outing yesterday did not make today a good one.
    This too shall pass.
    Hopefully I'll crash from exhaustion soonish. LOL
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    Wow...I just had someone on another forum try and claim the soaked wheat, oatmeal and rice are full of flavour.
    To be fair, I actually (did?) really like straight-up unsweetened shredded wheat. I think if I tried it now, I would not like it. I base this on the fact that bread smells kinda bad to me now, and I can taste the flour in restaurant "cream" sauces and it's disgusting. But I actually really liked the taste of plain shredded wheat before. It's scary to think about how I ate it every day when I was CW dieting, thinking I was doing a good job. My insides must have been screaming in pain.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    But what I do love is bread, sweet stuff, fruit, pasta, rice, pizza.
    I eat rice, fruit and sweet stuff on occasion. I'm not sure we do the best recruiting job for primal if people think they need to give up fruit. I mean, I felt that way before starting- "how the hell do I give up bread???". And if I could not have fruit, the occasional sweet and a starch on occasion (rice, sweet potatoes)I would have given up 5 months ago.

Sol y Sombra is offline Senior Member
    Oh, fruit is the least important issue, I should think. If all your carbs come from vegetables and fruit, that's a whole lot better than subsisting on pizza, pasta, bread, pancakes and candy bars plus fruit and no vegetables. I mean, this is what she says she eats. Plus a lot of junk food, she says so herself.

Me, I eat fruit every morning, I haven't been able to give that up, but try not to overdo amounts and I choose less sweet types. Rice and potatoes - yes, on occasion, like once every two weeks. I don't do much weight-lifting.
    Last edited by Sol y Sombra; 05-14-2012 at 05:29 AM.

sires6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jes1014 View Post
    SO JEALOUS! We're in Fairfax Co. and it's zoned so you need 1/2 an acre before you can have chickens. Our lot is pretty big, esp. since it backs to a county park through-way, but it's less than 1/2 an acre Which county are you in?
    Charles County, just south of PG. We looked at houses on the VA side before looking in MD. We lucked out in finding a house with 40 acres for rent. We have a big garden, horses on grass, goats growing into large meals, and chickens producing as many eggs as we can sell with a little bit more to pay for their feed. And chickens for eating as well as ducks, geese and guineas.

Faraona (guinea fowl) is just delicious. Especially when they've been fattened on the ticks, fleas, and bugs in our yard.
    The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
    Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
    Pope John Paul II

sires6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    Around here, a slice of cake in a restaurant will cost you about $4. 12 slices in a cake = $48 per cake. It probably cost a couple bucks to make. That shit is INSANELY profitable.
    I had a very Primal thought while looking at restaurants and stores the other day. Most if not all restaurants and stores make their profits from grain poisons. While it would stop obesity in it's tracks to remove/reduce grains, all those groups: Restaurant Owners ASsociation, Grocers Association and all those "Big Ag" would set up tents and live in DC until the government stopped threatening their hefty paychecks. This would be the reason the White House went soft on soft drinks. Because every politico
    has more than been bought by the big ag, huge company associations and every lobbyist from the moment they open their mouth.

What we are doing (eating right and telling others) is an uphill battle.

On the CW note, my daughter and I were complaining because we both had two home made chocolate chip cookies as a treat yesterday for mother's day and it came back and hurt us, quite literally, last night. My mother, who had had some bread but no cookies, she's diabetic, said that it couldn't be the grain. She hasn't hurt as much being here, but you all know, it couldn't be the grain. And her back hurts more this morning... figure the odds.
    The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
    Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
    Pope John Paul II

Milty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sol y Sombra View Post
    One thing I come across all the time when someone asks me for weight-loss advice - people are just unwilling to 1) think outside the box and 2) change their personal way of eating. It looks like they are waiting for the universe to step in and magically alter their biochemistry so foods that have always affected them badly now start being good for them...
    Agreed. Except it's thinking inside the box they don't get. Meat and veggies, Who can disagree these are healthy? Thinking outside the box is just waiting for the drug you can take that let's you eat whatever you want and produces the effect of diet and exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol y Sombra View Post
    'But I don't really like vegetables and I don't really care for meat and eggs, I can do without them. But what I do love is bread, sweet stuff, fruit, pasta, rice, pizza.
    That was just like me (except the eggs, always loved eggs), until I actually made the effort to try them. Roasted veggies are heavenly.

weathergirl is offline Member
    I have another one about the girls I nanny for. The youngest one is 9 and she told me that she went grocery shopping with her mom and her mom said she wanted to lose a few pounds and go on a diet. She said "chels, I didn't know what to say because mommy was loading up the cart with all these fat free and low fat things. I wanted to tell her how wrong she was but I didn't want her to be mad! " lol I felt bad because I didn't want her to feel like, conflicted or something about her mother so I just said something along the lines of "well, thats ok because different things work for different people". At least the knowledge is in the back of her mind so when she gets a little older and needs to diet she will have a good idea of what to do. And she will need to diet because she is a little overweight for her age. But she's a kid so I don't stress it for her because she will be fine.

Another moment goes along with what some others have said. My best friend of 20 years has started dating this new guy and of course she wants us to meet and do the whole "omg yay best friend meets boyfriend" thing. And I give the guy credit because I think he was just trying to find some common ground with me. After we do the whole awkward introduction thing my friend says how I recently lost a ton of weight by giving up processed foods. And this guy goes " oh wow that's great. I need to do that too, I mean meat is just so bad for us. It takes days to digest and it just sits and rots in our intestines. We really aren't designed to eat meat anyways." He is saying this as ur is chomping down on a McDonald's hamburger. Lol. It just couldn't get any worse. So instead of schooling him and making it even more awkward for my friend I just nodded and was like "well I love meat and i eat tons of it. " he just agreed that it tasted good and we moved on. The funny thing is that a few minutes later when he wasnt around my friend pulled me aside and was like "i hope you like him. I really thought you were gonna freak out when he said meat was bad. But trust me don't just judge him on that I swear he is really nice and smart" hahahahaha. I was just like yeah ol you're welcome for not schooling him lol.

Sol y Sombra is offline Senior Member
    That was just like me too - I didn't like vegetables (they seemed like appetizers designed to make you hungrier), only fruit. I didn't care much for meat and eggs, could go without them without problems, but I did love potatoes, rice, everything sweet and especially chocolatey, pizza, pasta. For me a meal was not complete if it didn't contain potatoes or rice. When I changed my way of eating (to eating less potatoes/rice and more vegetables), I had to tell myself every time 'vegetables are food too and can be filling'. Of course, back then I hadn't upped my fat intake - I didn't avoid fat, I just tried not to use too much... Well, that was a slow change, but I did learn to love vegetables and started wanting them. And I learned to love meat and eggs

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Milty View Post
    Meat and veggies, Who can disagree these are healthy?
    Sadly, lots of people apparently. At least when it comes to meat. See weathergirl's post below for one example. Ridiculous.