Page 443 of 884 FirstFirst ... 343393433441442443444445453493543 ... LastLast
Results 4,421 to 4,430 of 8834

Thread: Funny CW moments page 443

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by lotusberries View Post
    This happens constantly. My grandmother made chicken soup a couple of months ago and left noodles out of my portion. She then went on and on about how I should drop some egg into the soup "for some protein". Because the noodles I was missing would have had so much protein in them?
    ummm.. egg drop soup?? LOL Thats how I made chicken and "noodles"
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Ok so went to a hot air balloon festival yesterday. I packed a primal picnic for the fam. As we are sitting there eating (please keep in mind there are NUMEROUS food vendors about), we get people walking slowly past up eying our faire. I over heard these comments:

"oh their lunch looks so good"
    "wonder where we get some of that!"

Umm yup.. they did not even note that "hey, there is no bread there" so I guess maybe this is a win? LOL
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Clymb is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Yeah, wtf? I told someone that I didn't eat wheat, and she in turn assumed that I was a vegetarian. -.-
    That happens to me all the time--I swear every time someone hears that I "eat healthy" the ask they inevitable, "Oh, are you a vegetarian/vegan?"

Goosejuggler is offline Senior Member
    Overheard in the break room at work.

Worker 1 has been on the Dukan diet (low carb, no sugar, I think) and has lost considerable weight. He's explaining the diet to Worker 2.

Worker 1- So I can't have sugar, but I can have this *motions to bottle of coke zero*
    Worker 2 - But doesn't that have chemicals and carcinogens in it?
    Worker 1 - Yeah....but you can't win em' all

I kept my head down, and proceeded to reheat my beef heart stew and cauliflower rice in silence...

treborix is offline Junior Member
    So as per normal for race day, I went round to a friend's place to watch F1 today. Actually two friends, one is the friend from work and the other is his housemate and an ex-colleague. Friend knows about my diet, the other guy less so (probably because I only see him once a month or so).
    So housemate offered me something like toast and I said "no thanks, don't eat grains" and then he went on to say "well if you get hungry you can have a bowl of cereal". Friend and I both laugh and the housemate facepalms as he realises what he said.

You know, I had a piece of CW come to mind the other day that I think is still relevant to those of us who eat primally - eat to live, don't live to eat.

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by treborix View Post
    So as per normal for race day, I went round to a friend's place to watch F1 today. Actually two friends, one is the friend from work and the other is his housemate and an ex-colleague. Friend knows about my diet, the other guy less so (probably because I only see him once a month or so).
    So housemate offered me something like toast and I said "no thanks, don't eat grains" and then he went on to say "well if you get hungry you can have a bowl of cereal". Friend and I both laugh and the housemate facepalms as he realises what he said.

You know, I had a piece of CW come to mind the other day that I think is still relevant to those of us who eat primally - eat to live, don't live to eat.
    This.
    If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

jes1014 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sires6 View Post

Oh, in case you all think I am somewhere in SE MO or the outback or something, I live in the DC Metropolitan area, just outside the Beltway. Less than 20 miles from the "Big City". Washington National Airport's airplanes turn for final almost over my house. You don't have to have 100 acres and live in the boonies to raise your own food and it's often easier to do than keeping a cat or dog (I have three of them).
    SO JEALOUS! We're in Fairfax Co. and it's zoned so you need 1/2 an acre before you can have chickens. Our lot is pretty big, esp. since it backs to a county park through-way, but it's less than 1/2 an acre Which county are you in?
    Thread-killer extraordinaire
    My journal
    Primal since 3/10/12 - removed lap band 5/11/12
    207/186/160

annierobic is offline Member
    Found this on one of my Facebook posts..".My Cupcakes, made with love by "ME"..lol. Now available for purchase at Loobies Restaurant., $3.00 each and $.50 goes towards the Juvenile Diabetes Research Fund. Roses and Sunflowers are vanilla confetti flavour cakes with rich butter cream icing...mmmm mmmm good!!"
    By: Jennifer Richardson

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    ??
    Sorry, my German side turned into a grammar nazi for a second.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    one cupcake for 2.50/3.00 whatever, is ridiculous
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!