Page 441 of 900 FirstFirst ... 341391431439440441442443451491541 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,410 of 8997

Thread: Funny CW moments page 441

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Yeah, wtf? I told someone that I didn't eat wheat, and she in turn assumed that I was a vegetarian. -.-
    ????????????????????????
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    GOTD: sunburn started peeling and now I have raw spots.. owie
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

LJH
    LJH is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silky View Post
    Seen today a set of dips and chutneys made with 'extra virgin canola oil'.

Nice.
    Not possible. All canola oil is fucked thus cannot claim virginity, "extra" or otherwise.

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by <archer> View Post
    Funny CW moment: every time someone thinks I don't eat meat....
    No kidding.

Drummer in our band: Is that COLD CUTS I see you eating??!!
    DH (the sax): Yes..
    Me: Of course! We're totally meat eaters. It's pastured pork, of course...
    Drummer: I thought you were all healthy and stuff.
    Me: We are. That's why we eat so much meat. Ted, don't you remember coming to our house where we stuffed everyone full of smoked grassfed brisket and smoked pastured pork shoulder?
    Drummer: Oh, yeah...

People hear something that gives the impression you're a "healthy eater" and what registers in their mind is, of course, vegetarian. :headdesk: What a woild, what a woild!
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Lady in the next check-out lane to mine was buying five dozen eggs. The bagger remarked to the checker, "Look at all these eggs. So much cholesterol!"
    Yum, cholesterol, is what I say. Bring it on.
    (And yes, the bagger was pot-bellied. The egg-buyer was trim. Not that it's all due to the eggs. But....)

sires6 is offline Senior Member
    A couple of chickens can fit in a cage (and do well, mind you) like a hutch that you would fit a rabbit in, and the modern breeds will produce approximately 800 eggs/bird over the bird's lifetime of about 11 years. More early, less later.

We have a meat goat (Boer/Kiko cross called a Texas cross or Genemaster) and three Pygmy goats. They take a yard about the size of a very small back yard, about 30 by 30. Most farm animals are hardy and don't require much space.

All my birds (meat ducks, laying ducks, geese, turkeys - OMG you cannot believe how good a heritage turkey tastes, Guinea fowl) all totaling about 40 birds, in a 25 by 25 pen with a small storage building serving as coop. They are healthy, happy and make the most fantastic eggs and delicious offspring for consumption. The real problem is usually city regulations. Most city dwellers can have hens, but you don't need a rooster anyway to have eggs. And many cities say you can have 5 , 12 or even 20 hens in your dwelling. Two hens will begin laying at around 21 weeks and will lay 1-2 eggs a day for their first year and then 1 every day or other day after that. They can live up to 15 years. And they're fun to watch.

As for butchering, I am close to a guy who will butcher a chicken for 2 bucks and a turkey for 3 and has a fast plucker. Means he gets the dirty part. I know how to do it, but it takes longer for me and is messier without the plucker.

As for butchering the goats, I have a neighbor a few miles away that has cattle (grassfed, lovely beef and makes his own amazing sausage) and so he will help me butcher when the time comes. Wafer (the meat goat) will be slaughtered at around 8-12 months and he will dress out at about 150 lbs, of course I will in actuality get more like 200 lbs or more, because I will also take the bones and lovely organs and just about anything I can from him, whereas many butchers only give you the meat, no or few organs.

Oh, in case you all think I am somewhere in SE MO or the outback or something, I live in the DC Metropolitan area, just outside the Beltway. Less than 20 miles from the "Big City". Washington National Airport's airplanes turn for final almost over my house. You don't have to have 100 acres and live in the boonies to raise your own food and it's often easier to do than keeping a cat or dog (I have three of them).

If any of you have any questions, PM me and I will gladly answer.
    The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
    Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
    Pope John Paul II

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Lady in the next check-out lane to mine was buying five dozen eggs. The bagger remarked to the checker, "Look at all these eggs. So much cholesterol!"
    Yum, cholesterol, is what I say. Bring it on.
    (And yes, the bagger was pot-bellied. The egg-buyer was trim. Not that it's all due to the eggs. But....)
    Lol, every week I buy five dozen eggs at a local produce store, and the cashier at the time always asks me if I'm baking XD

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Whenever I make my 30lb butcher purchases they always comment "That's a lot of meat! Are you feeding an army? Having a big party? What's up?" I tell them it's just my meat for the month. The next question is always "How many people are you feeding? 3? 4?"

No... just me. A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away, y'all.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    LOLing..
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Primitiva is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Recipe on Pinterest - Creamy Grilled Chicken Piccata

one of the comments - "Can you think of anyway to lighten it? I was thinking maybe light cream cheese and some olive oil in place of the half and half and butter. .Do you think that would work?"
    lol!