Page 44 of 887 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144544 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny CW moments page 44

sapphire_chan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by mozzy10 View Post
    This just got me wondering if people who think FLOUR isn't made from wheat is because they are thinking FLOWER in their head. Maybe they think bread is made from some kind of flower????
    Amaranth?

ennasirk is offline Senior Member
    Facebook exchange today.

Friend posts "Realized I already eat 80% paleo these days... considering going 90-95% paleo, can't commit to 100% because I need to have cheese in my life."

I comment pointing her towards Primal and say that might fit a little bit better for her than Paleo, and provided a link to this site. She comments back thanking me for the link and says she'll take a look.

Someone else (who I don't know) then comments "I looked up the primal diet. No way I could eat like that. I Love my carbs. I also love my fats too. But to not eat Carbs, or much carbs? I couldn't do it. I do like the saying 'if you eat a ton, weigh a ton, exercise a ton, chances are you'll still weigh a ton'"

Sigh. I decide not to bother commenting.

Three minutes later, the same person comments again "I looked up the paleo diet, I would say my pescetarian/vegetarian diet is similar to that."

Sounds like she did some extensive research in those three minutes to get all of that so totally wrong.

Needless to say I haven't bothered to comment any further ... I have no interest in getting into arguments with random people on Facebook (random people who clearly have no real interest in learning anything new anyway).
    "Sometimes, you need to make sure the angel on your shoulder has a wingman." -Me

My primal log

jandge is offline Senior Member
    I really really want to bash my head into a wall.

My whole family is overweight - bad habits, bad diet. My sister is the health freak in the family (yet still overweight) - went vegetarian in her early teens. She's mentioned to me a few times over the last few years that she wants to be a role model for the family, by cleaning up her diet. Lots of pizzas with salad on the side kinda vegetarian. She knows it's not the best, but is having a hard time changing.

Anyway, she's been searching for her answer to living healthy. Decided to go primal about four weeks ago, lasted a week. For some reason, she needed to torture herself and did the Master Cleanse (lemonade/honey/cayenne pepper) right after giving up PB.

AND THEN AFTER THE CLEANSE - she decides Starbucks is the answer. She almost bit my head off when I asked what was the purpose of the cleanse if she's just drinking that stuff. "It was only coffee and soymilk and it takes me forever to drink it and excuses excuses excuses!"

Apparently, since I'm 23 (she's 13 years older), have lost 20lbs on primal - and she's dedicated her whole life to trying to be healthy - it means I know nothing and should never talk about her choices or question her whatsoever.
    Last edited by jandge; 02-25-2011 at 12:06 AM.

Do yourself a favor and become your own savior.
    Congenital Hypothyroid
    CW: 225lbs SW: 245lbs

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Had a headdesk moment yesterday. Boss brought in tamales and asked if I wanted one. I said that corn caused me problems. His response? "Well, it's not corn, it's masa." *THUDTHUDTHUD*
    With all the other little comments he's made, you can definitely tell he's never cooked for himself in his life.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    "Well, it's not corn, it's masa."
    See, I would be unable to keep my mouth shut to restrain a smartass comment at that point.

And as for the thread topic... as I posted in another thread, I mentioned my toddler is not a big fan of veggies. A friend suggested feeding her popcorn "because popcorn is corn, right! That's a vegetable!"

Yessss, let's give her popcorn and potato chips and feel all proud of ourselves...
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Herbwifemama is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post

Yessss, let's give her popcorn and potato chips and feel all proud of ourselves...
    Don't forget the french fries and ketchup! Both vegetables! And cake! Cake has eggs! And milk!... :P

mcc0523 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jandge View Post
    AND THEN AFTER THE CLEANSE - she decides Starbucks is the answer. She almost bit my head off when I asked what was the purpose of the cleanse if she's just drinking that stuff. "It was only coffee and soymilk and it takes me forever to drink it and excuses excuses excuses!"

Apparently, since I'm 23 (she's 13 years older), have lost 20lbs on primal - and she's dedicated her whole life to trying to be healthy - it means I know nothing and should never talk about her choices or question her whatsoever.
    Is she a doctor? Sounds like many I've met.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I was on hall duty outside a health teacher's classroom last week. She was teaching the students about reading food labels. The gist of the lesson...Eat lots of whole grains, ALL fats are bad, Eat Lean protein (Skinless chicken, Egg whites), Watch Portions. She was feeding them the CW "wisdom" that will keep them enslaved for the rest of their lives. I'm glad she couldn't see me outside stomping my feet and pounding my fists into the walls. Unfortunately, the teacher is a woman I like and respect. Someday, we are going to have a very interesting conversation.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

jandge is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mcc0523 View Post
    Is she a doctor? Sounds like many I've met.
    Massage therapist and loves researching alternative health. She understands primal (loves that I'm doing it), she just... thinks there's something better out there for her. Which has cleansing and Starbucks, apparently?

Do yourself a favor and become your own savior.
    Congenital Hypothyroid
    CW: 225lbs SW: 245lbs

San-San is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Oh common Starbucks is Primal/Paleo. Don't believe me? Well, there are the teas and the fruit salad and the water and ..., mmmh. That's it, but it's always your choice. I had a really bad night this week, because I had decided to eat their chocolate truffle cake as a treat after a job interview. After being grain free for weeks my body got quite mad at me! The last time I had this cake was in December, then it wasn't a problem. Well, I learned my lesson no more grains.

Nevertheless, I love Starbucks and I still go there, I need the atmosphere, the people around me (or I go crazy without any human interaction), I just have to choose wisely and as my body wishes. Which means tea and no food, however nice the chocolate truffle cake and the double chocolate muffin look. But feeling good and having a nice skin is more important to me then 2 to 30 minutes of enjoying chocolate cake. (wow, look who's growing up.)
    Last edited by San-San; 02-26-2011 at 12:05 PM.