Page 439 of 892 FirstFirst ... 339389429437438439440441449489539 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,390 of 8913

Thread: Funny CW moments page 439

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by sires6 View Post
    You have hit the nail on the head. The reality of "cravings" is your body is trying to get you to eat what it needs and not eat what it doesn't want/need. Food "addictions" IMHO (which I had and disappeared like yours when I ate right) are because you are shoving in only tiny amounts of what you need and it's competing with foods like flour which take away more than give.

Addiction is your body screaming for the nutrients it needs.

Drug addictions are because of the nature (addictive) of the drug (including cigarettes) involved. They are designed and modified to be addictive (cigarettes) or it's a part of their nature to be addictive (heroin) therefore, avoid starting them at ALL COSTS.
    One interesting thing I've noticed is that I used to be really sort of ADD about choosing food to eat. What I mean is that I was always seeking out new and different types of food all the time. Being frugal, I usually saved leftovers, but I rarely remembered to eat them. The times I did remember them, I often couldnt bring myself to eat them. The idea of eating the same thing more than two days in a row actually physically upset me. When I first started reading posts here on MDA and heard that Mark tends to eat the same sorts of meals (big ass salads, especially) over and over again, it actually scared me. Luckily, of course, I decided to try primal anyway, figuring that eating the same things over and over werent *required*.

But now, the COMPLETE opposite has happened. I can make a big vat of pork stew, or a huge chunk of meat, and eat it for DAAAAAAYS. I actually crave the same things over and over, and have to force myself to try something new ;D

My theory is that when I was eating traditional SAD foods, my body was craving nutrients, knew it wasnt getting it from the food I was eating, so was constantly driving me to seek out new food sources. Now that my meals are loaded with fats and veggies, my body is much more willing to be happy with it.
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Milty is offline Senior Member
    Carbohydrates: How carbs fit into a healthy diet - MayoClinic.com

"The 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans recommends that carbohydrates make up 45 to 65 percent of your total daily calories. So, if you get 2,000 calories a day, between 900 and 1,300 calories should be from carbohydrates. That translates to between 225 and 325 grams of carbohydrates a day."

Holy smokes!

JennaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Milty View Post
    Carbohydrates: How carbs fit into a healthy diet - MayoClinic.com

"The 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans recommends that carbohydrates make up 45 to 65 percent of your total daily calories. So, if you get 2,000 calories a day, between 900 and 1,300 calories should be from carbohydrates. That translates to between 225 and 325 grams of carbohydrates a day."

Holy smokes!
    wow. thats a lot of feed

Shawn Mihalik is offline Member
    My fridge recently broke while I was out of town for a couple days, causing a large portion of the food inside to go bad. I was telling my friend, who is quite skinny-fat, about it, and he said that he usually just stocks his pantry with boxed and canned items and then buys fresh food as he needs it or as he's going to cook it, and that I should do the same so that I won't have food in the fridge to go bad if it breaks again.

I looked at him like I didn't understand and said, "But I only eat fresh food. I can't go grocery shopping everyday."

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JennaRose View Post
    wow. thats a lot of feed
    Finally! We have a concise, simple way to explain what we eat to the masses/our coworkers/strangers at the gym.

I eat FOOD, not FEED. I love it.

Unamused Mouse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Mihalik View Post
    "But I only eat fresh food. I can't go grocery shopping everyday."
    Dude - that's why they make FREEZERS.

JennaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Finally! We have a concise, simple way to explain what we eat to the masses/our coworkers/strangers at the gym.

I eat FOOD, not FEED. I love it.
    why, thank you

Shawn Mihalik is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Unamused Mouse View Post
    Dude - that's why they make FREEZERS.
    Good point. In my defense though, I did have a lot of food in the freezer, and that was fine. Still, I probably keep a week's worth of fresh food in the fridge at any given time.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    On a T-shirt "Vegan Strength"
    Extra small?
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

billp is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by sires6 View Post
    Addiction is your body screaming for the nutrients it needs.

Drug addictions are because of the nature (addictive) of the drug (including cigarettes) involved. They are designed and modified to be addictive (cigarettes) or it's a part of their nature to be addictive (heroin) therefore, avoid starting them at ALL COSTS.
    Time to retry giving up tea and coffee again soon. I am sure you are right, above.