Page 437 of 887 FirstFirst ... 337387427435436437438439447487537 ... LastLast
Results 4,361 to 4,370 of 8869

Thread: Funny CW moments page 437

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    URG, GOD! I saw that stuff the last time I was at TJs, on their New Products shelf. I was like "WTF?" and picked one up to read it. My jaw was literally open in disbelief. I dropped it back on the shelf, heavily, snapping out "Is this what we've come to?" rather loudly, then walked away in disgust. People were looking at me but I didn't care.
    The guy stocking the shelf was raving about it. I looked at the ingredients list, made some comments to the kids about the disgusting veg oil in it, and the guy's response? "I know, it's SO DELICIOUS!"
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    The guy stocking the shelf was raving about it. I looked at the ingredients list, made some comments to the kids about the disgusting veg oil in it, and the guy's response? "I know, it's SO DELICIOUS!"
    Are you saying, he didn't connect the dots properly, when you made your comments? Or did he connect the dots; and, thus, responded sarcastically when he said it? Thanks!
    If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

He just didn't get it at all!

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Maybe it's best that way.

Perhaps we should make an art of saying sarcastic conventional wisdom health sayings.

E.g.
    "This would have the heart foundation healthy heart tick."
    "Only 75% carbohydrates. Just what a prediabetic needs."
    "This has had all of the food removed. So it's low in cholesterol."

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    OMG I just saw a promotion for dog food....the catch phrase "If they could get it on their own they would" the ingredient OATS wtf when would a dog get oats?!?
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member
    What about this gem:

Coworker - Supermarkets should be reeled in, they have huge displays of chocolate right there in your face.

Me - How about just walking past and not buying any?

Coworker - It's not that simple. They should be hidden away with the cigarrettes.
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

PSA. Just for the record, it's not that simple, for many of us. When the parts of your body controlling addiction centers (be it for food, smokes, alcohol, or drugs) is screwed up, then you get urges to consume (whatever you're body's craving) 24/7. Ignoring the urges is like ignoring the urge to breathe - you can do it for a while, and then your body takes over.

I used to get urges to eat sugar or carbs (even primal carbs) every 5 minutes or so, and I would ignore them. For an hour. For three hours. For 23 hours. Then, it literally felt like someone else took over my brain, I'd cave and eat as much of it as I could till about 30 minutes later my brain reverted control to me, and I'd look in shock and horror at what I'd done. For the next 23 and a half hours I'd berate and hate myself and ignore the incessant urges until my brain switched over and I'd binge again.

Going primal and increasing fat and protein helped a lot with that, and I went from a fairly extreme case to just having urges like this every once in a while. Even then, they were still overpowering, something you could ignore only for a while.

Upping my breakfast protein tremendously (and continuing the fat, protein, and organic whole foods primal diet I had already been eating for a few years) has turned off the cravings completely so I don't have to ignore them anymore. They're gone. I can easily walk past chocolate (even "the good stuff"), ice cream, cake, anything at all and not have even a flash of desire for it.

Anyone who wants to help others should know this. (I believe it will help other addictions, as well, and all those with eating disorders, whether they have urges to eat, or urges not to eat.)

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    I used to get urges to eat sugar or carbs (even primal carbs) every 5 minutes or so, and I would ignore them. For an hour. For three hours. For 23 hours. Then, it literally felt like someone else took over my brain, I'd cave and eat as much of it as I could till about 30 minutes later my brain reverted control to me, and I'd look in shock and horror at what I'd done. For the next 23 and a half hours I'd berate and hate myself and ignore the incessant urges until my brain switched over and I'd binge again.
    This is the part that's been the scariest since I hit my head again a few months ago. Too soon after the previous concussion in June, then I hit it again (not too hard I thought) in February. A few weeks later and it was REALLY difficult to control moods and cravings, and you finally just lose control. Scary. Then you feel like crap and you get depressed, and depressed is not good for self control and...

Man, it sucks.

I'm finding coconut oil is helping somewhat, along with low dose 5-HTP. But I'm just trying to get the brain to heal.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

fastersteve is offline Member
    Deleted post
    Last edited by fastersteve; 05-08-2012 at 07:29 AM. Reason: Late to the thread, redundant.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Wow... I was expecting this article on fat-free half-and-half to be something I could settle back and snicker at smugly.

Dr. Weil actually hits this one out of the ballpark! Kept expecting him to eff up and backpedal into CW.