Page 436 of 882 FirstFirst ... 336386426434435436437438446486536 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,360 of 8818

Thread: Funny CW moments page 436

newberrycrater is offline Senior Member

Cookie Butter

Primal Fuel
    Yes, Cookie Butter. This is from a Trader Joe's Fearless Flyer.

There are ways in which American ingenuity surpasses any other. And yeet, in other ways, we're plaing catch up to other countries. For example, why didn't we invent Cookie Butter? Unfamiliar with Cookie Butter? Please allow us to introduce you to this wonder of Belgian ingenuity, brought to you by rader Joe's.

Trader Joe's Speculoos Cookie Butter is, in its most simplistic terms, spreadable Speculoos cookies. Speculoos cookies are classic Belgian cookies with great crunch, and a slightly caramelized, almost-but-not-quite-gingerbread flavor. (Try our Bistro Biscuits for a close approximation.) After the cookies are baked to a fabulous finish, they're crushed into a fine powder and mixed with magical ingedients (read: vegetable oils) and turned into a smooth, spreadable substance we call Cookie Butter. It resembles peanut butter in color and consistency. Make no mistake, though; this is a treat through and through. Spread it on toast, bagels, pancakes or waffles. Use it as a dip for hunks of dark chocolate or pretzels or (gasp!) veggies like carrots or celery. You could keep it really simple and just use it as a dip for a spoon.

We're selling Cookie Butter in 11 ounce jars for $3.69 each, every day (well, when we can keep it in stock). You'll find it on our grocery shelves.

Oh yummmmmmmm.....a spread of flour, sugar, and vegetable oil we're encouraged to spread over other sources of refined flour and sugar items, probably also made with vegetable oil. Thank the heavens that this culinary advancement has finally made it to America!!!!!!!!

hulahoop is offline Senior Member
    i love this thread.....

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    i won't lie, if that cookie butter was made with butter-butter, i'd eat a spoonful or 3
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Clymb is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    i won't lie, if that cookie butter was made with butter-butter, i'd eat a spoonful or 3
    I'M not gonna lie--I gave into curiosity about a month or two ago and got some that Trader Joe's cookie butter...and goddammit it is worth your whole 20%, it is sooooooooooo good. I have to resist buying it every time I go to TJ's now lol. It's even more addicting than that white chocolate peanut butter from PB & Co or whatever it's called

newberrycrater is offline Senior Member
    Yeah well, made with real butter, I'd fight ya for it. LOL

Goosejuggler is offline Senior Member
    I guess this isn't really very funny but;

There is a middle aged woman at my work, and she's very lean and trim -she's a long distance runner. Apparently runs through Africa and what note.

The thing is -she looks so unhealthy! Her hair and skin so dry and fragile, she always looks washed out and fatigued. I'm thinking she will turn into Gillian McKeith in a decade or so. But she's healthy and fit by CW standards!

onalark is offline Senior Member
    I won't lie, if I wasn't trying to avoid gluten like crazy because of my autoimmune, I'd have eaten a spoonful of that speculoos spread in a heartbeat.

If they ever make gluten-free version, I'm doomed. (Fortunately, that is very unlikely.)

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by newberrycrater View Post
    Yes, Cookie Butter. This is from a Trader Joe's Fearless Flyer.

There are ways in which American ingenuity surpasses any other. And yeet, in other ways, we're plaing catch up to other countries. For example, why didn't we invent Cookie Butter? Unfamiliar with Cookie Butter? Please allow us to introduce you to this wonder of Belgian ingenuity, brought to you by rader Joe's.

Trader Joe's Speculoos Cookie Butter is, in its most simplistic terms, spreadable Speculoos cookies. Speculoos cookies are classic Belgian cookies with great crunch, and a slightly caramelized, almost-but-not-quite-gingerbread flavor. (Try our Bistro Biscuits for a close approximation.) After the cookies are baked to a fabulous finish, they're crushed into a fine powder and mixed with magical ingedients (read: vegetable oils) and turned into a smooth, spreadable substance we call Cookie Butter. It resembles peanut butter in color and consistency. Make no mistake, though; this is a treat through and through. Spread it on toast, bagels, pancakes or waffles. Use it as a dip for hunks of dark chocolate or pretzels or (gasp!) veggies like carrots or celery. You could keep it really simple and just use it as a dip for a spoon.

We're selling Cookie Butter in 11 ounce jars for $3.69 each, every day (well, when we can keep it in stock). You'll find it on our grocery shelves.

Oh yummmmmmmm.....a spread of flour, sugar, and vegetable oil we're encouraged to spread over other sources of refined flour and sugar items, probably also made with vegetable oil. Thank the heavens that this culinary advancement has finally made it to America!!!!!!!!
    URG, GOD! I saw that stuff the last time I was at TJs, on their New Products shelf. I was like "WTF?" and picked one up to read it. My jaw was literally open in disbelief. I dropped it back on the shelf, heavily, snapping out "Is this what we've come to?" rather loudly, then walked away in disgust. People were looking at me but I didn't care.
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

SteveO is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcb View Post
    Lesson 2, don't buy a pot metal hammer next time!
    Yeah, you can see in the grain structure that it's cast, not forged. It's hammer-shaped metal, of some sort.

billp is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spubba View Post
    I don't have a hard time opening the coconut (I just whack it with the back of my hatchet until it cracks open) but the knuckle-murdering scraping out the meat is the part that gets me. Is there some easy way to do it that doesn't involve Band-Aids?
    You use a coconut grater. It is a flat board you sit on with a serrated disc sticking out, and you grind the coconut half against it.