Page 435 of 900 FirstFirst ... 335385425433434435436437445485535 ... LastLast
Results 4,341 to 4,350 of 8997

Thread: Funny CW moments page 435

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Milty View Post
    I shall remember this for next time.

Does the coconut meat taste any different after being baked?
    Yeah, it's a little drier and tastes slightly cooked, like how coconut flakes compare to the fresh meat. But I'd rather have it easy smashing the thing open than having it completely raw xD

Miss Understood is offline Senior Member
    We use a corkscrew to open a hole and drain out the water. Very simple. You can crack open the coconut afterward with a hard blow with the back of a heavy knife/cleaver, or on any hard object (we use the edge of our stone fireplace, lol.) Then we put both halves of the cocnut in the freezer for about 30 minutes. The meat shrinks from the cold more than the shell does and it helps you scoop it out a bit easier.

Spubba is offline Senior Member
    I don't have a hard time opening the coconut (I just whack it with the back of my hatchet until it cracks open) but the knuckle-murdering scraping out the meat is the part that gets me. Is there some easy way to do it that doesn't involve Band-Aids?

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Understood View Post
    We use a corkscrew to open a hole and drain out the water. Very simple. You can crack open the coconut afterward with a hard blow with the back of a heavy knife/cleaver, or on any hard object (we use the edge of our stone fireplace, lol.) Then we put both halves of the cocnut in the freezer for about 30 minutes. The meat shrinks from the cold more than the shell does and it helps you scoop it out a bit easier.
    Great tip! Thanks for that!

Now all I need is freezer room... EAT MORE MEAT!!!

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    If you want to get the juice out easily, you can tap a nail through two of the three eyes on the end (one to pour, one to let air back in) and either pour it into a glass or drink the juice through a straw, India-style. Once you're done that, you can smash it to your heart's content.

GOTD: I can't just buy fresh coconut at the side of the road for 20 rupees.
    Such was my frustration at trying to get into a coconut one day I ended up putting it in a bag and dropping it out the window of my apartment and down into the carpark where I then sprinted down to collect my prize!
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

weathergirl is offline Member
    Ok primal win! I'm a nanny and the kids have seen my drastic eating change and weight loss over thr past few months and i have told them little tidbits of info when they ask, like fat isn't bad, and sugar is what makes you fat, things like that. So today they came home and the one girl said how she was on the bus and a little girl said "i have cheese but its full fat so I probably should only eat half" and the little darling I nanny for said she literally did a facepalm on the bus!!!! She is like "i thought about you chels!" Haha awwwww! And then her sister chimes in "yeah when I was at lunch today, there is a girl there who is too heavy to do gym, and she had pretzels, cookies, and a sandwich in her lunch and she said it was all fat free! And I knew better because of what you told me chelsea!"

First off, how cute that they are actually listening to me lol. But its also really sad that there is a kid who is too obese to do gym.
    Last edited by weathergirl; 05-04-2012 at 01:42 PM.

Clymb is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by weathergirl View Post
    Ok primal win! I'm a nanny and the kids have seen my drastic eating change and weight loss over thr past few months and i have told them little tidbits of info when they ask, like fat isn't bad, and sugar is what makes you fat, things like that. So today they came home and the one girl said how she was on the bus and a little girl said "i have cheese but its full fat so I probably should only eat half" and the little darling I nanny for said she literally did a facepalm on the bus!!!! She is like "i thought about you chels!" Haha awwwww! And then her sister chimes in "yeah when I was at lunch today, there is a girl there who is too heavy to do gym, and she had pretzels, cookies, and a sandwich in her lunch and she said it was all fat free! And I knew better because of what you told me chelsea!"

First off, how cute that they are actually listening to me lol. But its also really sad that there is a kid who is too obese to do gym.
    That's pretty awesome, they're learning fast! I think it's even more sad that there's a little girl on there saying she should only eat half her cheese because it's full-fat...but then again I remember sucking in my stomach and hating my body when I was a little kid, and I was never fat! It's just sad what goes on with little kids these days.

Darbyfett is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    Of course! It's just a *start* - but it is a start.
    Looking back, I realize I forgot to add "a week". Only a few eggs a week. But you're right, at least they aren't running for the hills at the first mention of an egg.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Clymb View Post
    but then again I remember sucking in my stomach and hating my body when I was a little kid, and I was never fat!
    It's people like you who make exhibitionist fatties (oh yay, down to half of that epithet) look bad. Do you know how annoying it is to have your family tell you to stop belly dancing in public?
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

skorpion317 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by weathergirl View Post
    If anything, that little girl should HAVE to do gym class.

My funny CW moment:

A co-worker of mine asked me all about Paleo, so I explained it to him. He did it for a week, dropped 10 pounds, then gave up. He had a big hunk of prosciutto bread the other day. My father (who works with us) said to him "That wasn't on the caveman diet." My co-worker said "Evolution."

:facepalm:
    Last edited by skorpion317; 05-05-2012 at 08:25 AM.
    "Don't waste your time, or time will waste you."